Report on the province of Aleppo and its surroundings 23/08/2012
Summary for 23/08/2012:
Number of arrests: 0
Number of martyrs: 23
Number of protests: 0
Peaceful revolutionary activities: 0
Number of protests that had fire opened on them: 0
Number of cases of opening fire: 6
Number of shelled places: 33
Number of times that heavy army equipment was used: 4
Number of defections: 0
1. Karam Al Jazmatee/Daraa: Samer Haj Hassan, from Aleppo, was killed while he attempted to defected from the army in Al Na'eimeh in Daraa.
2-4. Rural Aleppo - Khan Al Asal: 3 unidentified martyrs who were handcuffed and thrown on Khan Al Asal highway.
5. Salah Al Deen: Abu Qasem Ashawwa, killed from snipers while he was visiting his shop with his son to check up on it.
6. Salah Al Deen: son of Abu Qasem Ashawwa, killed from snipers while he was visiting his shop with his father to check up on it.
7. Bustan Al Basha: unidentified martyr who was killed from army gunfire and showed up in a field hospital.
8. Bustan Al Basha: unidentified martyr who was killed from army gunfire and showed up in a field hospital.
9. Bustan Al Basha: unidentified martyr who was killed from army gunfire and showed up in a field hospital.
10-15. Salah Al Deen: 5 unidentified martyrs who were found shot by snipers in Farouj Barakat street.
16-17: Salah Al Deen: 2 martyrs from the Shouba family who were found shot by snipers in Farouj Barakat street.
18. Al Heidariyeh: child Maher Matar, 10 years, killed from the shelling that targeted Zahee Azraq hospital.
19. Southern Aleppo suburbs - Talafah: unidentified martyr whose body was burnt from the rocket shelling:
20. Rural Aleppo - Hreitan: unidentified martyr who was found in Al Kasteilo street on the way to Al Shaqeeq. He had signs of torture on his body:
21. Rural Aleppo - Tel Maled/Masakin Hanano: female Halima Eisa Omar, 38 years and from Tel Maled (south of Mare') was killed during the shelling of Masakin Hanano.
22. Rural Aleppo - Al Bab/Saif Al Dowleh: Bilal Ahmad Al Taleb, from Al Bab, was killed during clashes in Aleppo.
23. Rural Aleppo - Al Ibzamo: Jameel Ali Othman, killed during the indiscriminate shelling.
•Martyrs documented yesterday - Masakin Hanano: Sabah Al Eido from Tuesday:
•Martyrs documented on 21/08/2012 in a field hospital:
-Unidentified martyr in a field hospital who was shot in the head.
-Ammar Ali Maheimeed, 17 years, who was shot in the head.
-Abdul Raouf Jasem, 17 years, who was shot in the head.
•Martyrs documented 19/08/2012:
-Bustan Al Qasr: Muhammad Sahreej, 38 years, killed at a security checkpoint in Al Zahra' district, after he was shot at five times on the first day of Eid-ul-Fitr:
-Bustan Al Qasr: Mohammad Najjar, killed from the artillery shelling on the first day of Eid-ul-Fitr:
1. Injured and wounded:
•A civilian casualty in a field hospital in dire medical conditions:
•Bustan Al Qasr: a child with a shrapnel wound from the indiscriminate shelling:
2. Salah Al Deen: impact of the destruction on residential buildings:
-Impact of the destruction and looting of shops by Assad militias before they withdrew:
-Footage of the situation of the district from a building overlooking Salah Al Deen roundabout:
-Assad militias loot, steal from and destroy shops situated in Farrouj Barakat street. A number of civilian bodies were found, who had been shot at by snipers and summary executed (more than 15 bodies were found in the neighbouring areas that were shot at with snipers.)
3. Saif Al Dowleh: impact of the shelling of civilian houses near the post office yesterday:
-Impact of the destruction:
4. Bustan Al Qasr: impact of the shelling:
5. Al Sha'ar: impact of the shelling:
6. Al Firdous: impact of the shelling and destruction on schools:
-Impact of the destruction:
7. Jib Al Qabbeh: impact of the indiscriminate shelling:
8. Bab Al Hadeed: buildings destroyed from the shelling:
9. Bustan Al Basha: 6 clips showing the destruction due to the MiG plane shelling, that caused a several martyrs and dozens of casualties:
10. Al Jazmatee and Al Mayasar: a civilian recounts, amid the destruction, about the shelling of the area with warplanes and Assad militias purposefully targeting civilian houses:
-Al Jazmatee roundabout and the impact of shelling:
11. Bustan Al Basha: a man stands by his house that has been destroyed from the violent shelling on the district, where a burnt body was found in the house. The man does not know whether or not the body is his wife due to the difficulty in identifying it:
12, Al Heidariyeh: destruction from the warplane shelling that destroyed 7 houses:
13. Al Marjeh: shelling on Al Sani'ah Al Khamseh school with warplanes:
14. Al Mashahed: complete destruction of a building due to the shelling:
15. New Aleppo [Halab Al Jadeideh]: Assad militias expel displaced refugees from Al Rahmeh mosque and Al Abbas mosque at Basil roundabout. Women and children are in the streets with no shelter.
16. Al Jandoul roundabout: impact of the destruction by warplabesL
17. Al Sikaree: impact of the destruction from the indiscriminate shelling:
18. Al Saliheen: impact of the shelling at Abdul Qader Jeilanee mosque:
19. Rural Aleppo - Bashqatein: impact of the MiG shelling on Jeel Al Ghad mosque in the village that is a part of Anajareh town:
20. Rural Aleppo - Al Bab: impact of a shell that fell near Al Ihtiyatee bakery:
21. Rural Aleppo - Anadan: impact of the shelling:
22. Rural Aleppo - Al Atareb: impact of the warplane shelling:
23. Karam Al Tareb: impact of the shelling from 3 days ago:
24. Rural Aleppo - Talafah: impact of shelling on Talafah school:
*Al Hellok: delayed video showing the shelling of a school in the district and the amount of smoke rising 11/08/2012:
-Footage of the impact of shelling from inside the school:
Cases of gunfire:
1. Al Itha'ah: sounds of clashes and clouds of smoke rising in the district.
2. Sleiman Al Halabi: violent clashes in the morning.
3. Saif Al Dowleh: clashes amid indiscriminate shelling:
4. Maysaloun: sound of clashes.
5. Saif Al Dowleh: sounds of clashes.
6. Al Arqoub: clashes at Hanano barracks between the Free Syria Army and Assad militias.
Places that were bombed/shelled:
1: Al Jazmatee: night, before dawn - indiscriminate artillery shelling which resulted in burning down an house.
2: Al Hellok: night, before dawn - civilians who are still in the district are trying to flee from it due to the heavy shelling. Until now, over 70% of the people of this district have fled to other areas and no casualties were reported.
-Morning: a helicopter bombed Ba'eidein district.
-Evening - Ba'eidein: warplanes are still bombarding the district since two hours ago. The warplanes are using new and unknown missiles.
-Evening - Al Hellok: heavy warplane shelling on the district, where a rocket fell in Al Hellok Al Foqanee. Clouds of smokes fill the district.
3. Bustan Al Qasr: before dawn: resumption of shelling. It should be noted that the district is shelled at this time on a daily basis.
-Dawn: very violent shelling on the district at a rate of 4 missiles per minute.
-Evening: a warehouse behind Al Hal market was burnt down due to the heavy shelling on the district.
4. Tareeq Al Bab: before the early hours of dawn: violent shelling on the district using heavy artillery and at a rate of one missile per 5 minutes.
-Dawn: warplanes flying overhead the districts of Alsha’ar and Tareeq al Bab start to shelling these two districts.
5. Al Sha'ar – Sad Al Lawz: dawn - renewed shelling the neighbourhood and the fall of the two shells from warplanes on Sad Al Lawz.
-Evening: warplane shelling in front of Al Aneis park, near Dar Al Shifa', and the collapse of the fourth and fifth floors of 2 buildings in the region due to the shelling. No casualties reported thus far.
Helicopters with heavy machine guns:
-Evening: renewed warplane shelling of the district in front of Al Aneis park, resulting in extensive damage to two buildings.
6. Al Sikaree: shelling on the districts of Al Sikaree, Al Zabadiyeh, Al Firdous and Bustan Al Qasr. The shelling was intensified at dawn prayer.
7. Al Zabadiyeh: shelling on the districts of Al Sikaree, Al Zabadiyeh, Al Firdous and Bustan Al Qasr. The shelling was intensified at dawn prayer.
-Mortar shelling of the radio building and the fall of a shell on the power transformer. There is a power outage in a great part of the district.
8. Al Firdous: shelling on the districts of Al Sikaree, Al Zabadiyeh, Al Firdous and Bustan Al Qasr. The shelling was intensified at dawn prayer.
9. Bab Al Hadeed: reports of warplane shelling in the morning.
10. Al Sakhour: morning - violent warplane shelling on Al Sakhour ad Tareeq Al Bab.
-The cultural centre and 'Izeh school were targeted by warplane shelling in the morning.
-Night: helicopters shell the outskirts of the district.
11. Old Aleppo: shells pounded buildings in the districts of Old Aleppo, such as Al Milih square, Al Ma'adee, Bab Al Neirab and Al Qaseileh, for more than an hour at dawn.
12. Salah Al Deen: shelling of Salah Al Deen and Saif Al Dowleh at dawn:
-Night: machine gun shelling from helicopters.
13. Saif Al Dowleh: shelling and violent clashes:
-Footage of the shelling, that is thought to be the most violent up until now:
-Evening: shelling on Al Itha'ah and Saif Al Dowleh with tanks and smoke rising from residential buildings. Violent clashes took place between the Free Syria Army and Assad militias.
-Night: indiscriminate helicopter shelling.
14. Bustan Al Basha: 10 martyrs and casualties and devastation in the streets that separate Al Hellok and Bustan Al Basha due to the warplane shelling.
-Intensive and violent shelling on this street caused Zahee Azraq hospital to be hit and destroyed a large section of it. Shops, pharmacies and part of Sa'eed Al Idlebee mosque were also destroyed. Shells continued to fall on the district after a massacre was committed.
15. Sleiman Al Halabi: violent shelling:
16. Youth housing area: warplane shelling on the youth housing area (Al Mo'saraniyeh.)
17. Al Ma'adee - Karam Al Afnadee: a number of martyrs and casualties reached Omar Bin Abdul Azeez hospital in the district due to the violet shelling.
18. Al Intharat: artillery and mortar shelling.
19. Al Heidariyeh: artillery and mortar shelling.
20. Al Shabourah: more than 2 shells fell on a house in the district that neighbours Qastal Al Haramee, that lead to the burning of the house and also burnt an elderly woman who was in the house.
21. Al Itha'ah: evening - shelling on Al Itha'ah and Saif Al Dowleh with tanks, and smoke rising from residential buildings, with violent clashes between the Free Syria Army and Assad militias:
22, Aqaywal: warplane shelling targeting Osama Bin Ziad mosque with 2 shells.
23. Al Jandoul roundabout: impact of the destruction by MiG planes:
24. Rural Aleppo - Anajareh: violent shelling at dawn.
25. Rural Aleppo - Bashqatein: violent shelling on the city in the western sunburns at dawn that continued up until the morning:
26. Rural Aleppo - Qubtan Al Jabal: violent shelling at dawn.
27. Rural Aleppo - Khan Al Asal: shelling with rocket launchers from Jam'iyet Al Zahra'.
28. Rural Aleppo - Anadan: renewed artillery shelling, and the fall of a shell on a house in the southern district.
29. Rural Aleppo - Al Atareb: clear and long footage of the warplane shelling:
30. Rural Aleppo - Talafah: footage during the warplane shelling:
31. Rural Aleppo - Azaaz: artillery shelling from Manegh military airport.
-evening: continued artillery shelling:
32. Rural Aleppo - Daret 'Izeh: artillery and rocket shelling.
33. Rural Aleppo - Tel Al Daman: Assad militias shelled Abtein petrol/gas station a few house ago with MiG warplanes, which lead to its complete destruction and hit a number of people, causing critical injuries.
*Bustan Al Qasr: moment a warplane fired 22/08/2012:
-Moment a warplane fired a shell - clear footage:
-Heavy smoke rising due to the warplane shelling:
*Saif Al Dowleh: moment a shell fell on a building, causing great destruction 22/08/2012:
Number of times that heavy army equipment was seen ‘tanks and armoured vehicles’:
1. Al Atareb: warplane overhead:
2. Rural Aleppo - Anadan: warplanes shelling:
3. Rural Aleppo - Talafah town: footage showing warplane shelling:
4. Sleiman Al Halabi: MiG planes flying before they shelled:
*Rural Aleppo - Al Bab: warplane shelling 22/08/2012: