Friday, August 17, 2012
Report on the province of Aleppo and its surroundings 17/08/2012
Friday of "With the unity of the Free Syria Army, victory will be achieved."
Summary for 17/08/2012:
Friday of "With the unity of the Free Syria Army, victory will be achieved."
Number of arrests: 1
Number of martyrs: 44, one being from the Azaaz massacre, and in addition to whole family of 4 martyrs from Jabal Al Zawiyah who were killed during the shelling in Ba'eidein.
Number of protests: 26 (17 in the suburbs, 9 in the city)
Peaceful revolutionary activities: 1
Number of protests that had fire opened on them: 0
Number of cases of opening fire: 12
Number of shelled places: 35
Number of times that heavy army equipment was used: 8
Number of defections: 0
1. Ba'eidein: Abdul Rahman Al Mustaf, killed from the shelling yesterday:http://youtu.be/chlTP65ZzhQ
2. Salah Al Deen: Emad Qabseez, 28 years, killed from snipers when he went to his house to check up on it. He used to work in Al Ashrafiyeh where he sold bags. His family's home was in the municipal stadium.
3. Salah Al Deen: brother of Emad Qabseez, killed from snipers when he went to his house to check up on it.
4. Salah Al Deen: unidentified martyr who was killed by snipers:http://youtu.be/yOfg-4RZJho
5. Al Firdous: child martyr from the Aboud family, killed from the shelling.
6. Al Firdous: Rabee' Sandah, 54 years, killed from a shrapnel in the heart after shelling of the district.
7. Al Sha'ar - Sad Al Lawz: Abdullah Darwish, 23 years, killed from a rocket shrapnel. He was his parent's only child.
8. Al Sha'ar: Anadan Barakat, 45 years, killed from the shelling. He was a resident of Al Kallaseh.
9. Al Mayasar: Najee Abdul Rahman, 27 years, killed from the shelling.
10. Old Aleppo - Al Qaseileh district: Mohammad Haddad, killed from snipers stationed in Aleppo citadel.
11. Al Mashahed: unidentified martyr killed from snipers:http://youtu.be/QNNZ1WNzVV4
12. Qadee Askar: Ziadeh Shahoudo, 45 years, killed from helicopter machine gunfire.
13. Masakin Hanano: unidentified martyr killed from the shelling.
14-17. Jam'iyet Al Zahra': 4 unidentified bodies found at 11am in front of the air intelligence [mukhabaraat] building.
**Al Muwasalat Al Qadeimeh district: artillery shelling on one of the buildings lead to its collapse and the fall of 5 martyrs from the same family.**
18. Father Abdul Rahman Asaaf, 40 years.
19. Mother Marwa Azeizee
20. Son Mohammad Asaaf, 8 years.
21. Son Ameen Asaaf, 6 years.
22. Ahmad Asaaf, 6 years.
**Al Hellok: 4 civilians martyred, including a child, and at least 20 casualties from the fall of 3 artillery shells on residential buildings.**
23. Saheel Hasanato
24. Female Um Jassam Hayanee
25. Female martyr who died from a heart attack due to panic from the shelling.
26. Child Mohannad Hasanato, 12 years.
**Ba'eidein massacre: an additional 8 martyrs, 5 of whom were from the same family, who had fled from Al Ra'ee, Jabal Al Zawiya, from the shelling on their house.**
The family who had fled from Al Ra'ee - Idlib suburbs:
-Father Ammar Mohammad Zar'ah.
-Mother Fatima Mohammad Darwish
-Child Mohammad Ibn Ammar Zar'ah
-Female child Ghazal Bint Ammar Zar'ah
27. Al Muwasalat Al Qadeimeh: Mohammad Ballo, one of the three who was under the rubble in the Ba'eidein massacre.
28-29. 2 unidentified martyrs under the rubble.
30. Rural Aleppo - Azaaz/Share' Al Neel: Mahmoud Abdul Rahman Baghdadee, killed by shabeeha [regime thugs] in Aleppo:http://youtu.be/DwaxHczA7cA
31. Rural Aleppo - Al Bab: Noor Mustafa Al Ni'mah, 18 years, died from an injury he had sustained in the morning from the shelling.
32. Rural Aleppo - Al Bab: Yousef Al Bakree Sheikh Al Shouk, died from his injury.
33. Rural Aleppo - Al Bab: Abdo Mohammad Al Kahat, killed from the warplane shelling Thursday afternoon.
34. Rural Aleppo - Maskaneh: Basem Abdul Lateef, killed by shabeeha [regime thugs] gunfire yesterday.https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=456635301037778&set=a.250375518330425.66506.250335828334394&type=1&theater
35. Rural Aleppo - Maskaneh: Adee Mansour Al Ghanem, killed by shabeeha [regime thugs] gunfire yesterday.https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=456635301037778&set=a.250375518330425.66506.250335828334394&type=1&theater
36. Rural Aleppo - Maskaneh: Ali Abdullah Al Ghanem, killed by shabeeha [regime thugs] gunfire yesterday.https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=456635301037778&set=a.250375518330425.66506.250335828334394&type=1&theater
37. Rural Aleppo - Anadan: Najee Al Khateen, killed during clashes in Aleppo.
38. Rural Aleppo - Anadan: Bilal Al Imam, killed during clashes in Aleppo.
39. Rural Aleppo - Anadan: Mahmoud Ghazal, killed during clashes in Aleppo.https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=355553704523813&set=a.117471844998668.23576.114744738604712&type=1&theater
40. Rural Aleppo - Al Ibzamo: Jamal Al Haj Hamoud, a hero from the Omar Al Mukhtar brigade, killed from the shelling in Aleppo:http://youtu.be/bzlBpCtgQp4
41. Rural Aleppo - Taqad: Ahmad Sha'ban Barakat, 14 years, killed from the shelling.
42. Rural Aleppo - Hayyan: Abdo Ahmad Awso, killed by shabeeha [regime thugs] on his way to work, where he was fired at on Thursday afternoon. He died at dawn today.
43. Rural Aleppo - Manbej/Bab Al Hawa: Loay Ali, 19 years and from Manbej, was killed during clashes in the battle in Bab Hawa, His funeral procession and burial took place in Al Jeineh:https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=197029867093579&set=a.119093744887192.20587.107974532665780&type=1&theater
44. From the Azaaz massacre: female Mayadeh Hasanano, who was killed in the massacre from the shelling of Azaaz on Thursday 15/08/2012. Her funeral procession took place today.
**Videos from the massacre in Al Sha'ar yesterday**http://youtu.be/zBCNO-63ZN4
**Al Saliheen: the name of the child martyr has been clarified as Hassan Khalid Barhoum, 10 years. His father was wounded by snipers on Al Saliheen highway. They were residents in Al Firdous district. Yesterday, he had been documented as a martyr from the Barhoum family.**
1. Injured and wounded:
•Rural Aleppo - Tel Rif'at: a casualty from the warplane shelling:http://youtu.be/3nuMSobMCfc
•Al Kallaseh: violent artillery shelling before iftaar [breaking fast time] that caused 5 casualties, including a child who lost his feet and two others who are in critical conditions.
•Al Hellok: at least 20 casualties and 5 martyrs from the fall of 3 artillery shells on residential houses.
•Urgent delayed videos: footage from inside Al Midan hospital after the massacre at the bakery in Qadee Askar. Footage shows painful scenes of martyrs and casualties 18+ 16/08/2012:http://youtu.be/htB893ShKhI
•Delayed video - Bustan Al Basha: civilian casualty from sniper gunfire 15/08/2012:http://youtu.be/VIWX2caVNOY
2. Ba'eidein: impact of destruction from the shelling yesterday:http://youtu.be/zR_4Prlkz7A
3. Saif Al Dowleh: impact of the indiscriminate shelling on Salah Al Deen and Saif Al Dowleh:http://youtu.be/iofJB_deHfo
4. Al Zabadiyeh: impact of shelling a school in the district 11/08/2012:http://youtu.be/v91e3p5jh8I
5. Salah Al Deen: regime force snipers stationed in minarets of Sa'd Bin Abi Waqas and Al Huda mosque.
6. Karam Al Qaterjee: impact of destruction from the warplane shelling:http://youtu.be/LMf3K-DZdW0
7. Al Sikaree: impact of shelling:http://youtu.be/ghfuqOpyHBE
8. Al Mashahed: impact of destruction and shelling from yesterday night:http://youtu.be/ZFSJ-ocNJ7g
9. Bustan Al Qasr: impact of shelling the district and residential buildings:http://youtu.be/1z5gQC7xTVw
10. Bustan Al Zahrah: great panic among civilians, with a residents fleeing from the school and electricity being cut-off due to the school being targeted by the shelling.
-Impact of shelling and the fall of a shell at Huthaifah Bin Al Yaman mosque.http://youtu.be/5n-3Q_aP-ao
11. Rural Aleppo - Deir Hafer: impact of regime warplane shelling on the land reclamation building company:http://youtu.be/TgrbsHAR9d8
12. Rural Aleppo - Tel Rif'at: impact of destruction from the shelling in the morning:http://youtu.be/fU81uPkKNGw
13. Rural Aleppo - Al Bab: impact of shelling and destruction in the areas of the city:http://youtu.be/n2G6-s_ExZ4
14. Rural Aleppo - Ratyan: great numbers of residents flee the village due to the shelling that is indiscriminately targeting houses.
15. Rural Aleppo - Azaaz: residents of Azaaz suffering after the MiG shelling on the city, and great numbers fled to Al Karoum, which is adjacent to the city:http://youtu.be/UiHWPKJIQeY
*Delayed footage due to the cut-off of communications:
-Al Sha'ar: impact of a hospital that was targeted with warplane shelling 12/08/2012-
Footage from outside:http://youtu.be/xKMaHk6wEZQ
Impact of the hospital being targeted from inside:http://youtu.be/sbeaJ1td6lM
-Rural Aleppo - Hayyan: Hamza Bin Abdul Mutaleb mosque targeted on 15/08/2012 with warplane shelling:http://youtu.be/8wRRVpd5rek
Cases of gunfire:
1. Al Hellok: sounds of heavy gunfire at dawn, in conjunction with sounds of explosions of the shelling.
2. Aleppo international airport: violent battle the lasted for around 2 hours that took place in the western side of the airport on the international highway at Jisr Al Neirab. All types weapons were used in shelling the area from tanks and planes.http://youtu.be/-rf8ajtcrZQ
3. Al Muhafatha: clashes near the international security branch at dawn.
4. Al Jameiliyeh: clashes near the military court at dawn.
-Morning: sounds of sporadic machine gunfire heard in the district.
5. Al Tarab: clashes between the Free Syria Army and Assad militias near the military airport at Jisr Al Neirab.
-Continued clashes until the night around Al Neirab military airport:http://youtu.be/-rf8ajtcrZQ
6. Salah Al Deen: violent clashes at Barakat poultry shop.
7. Al Maridian: sounds of very heavy gunfire and explosions in the morning that shook the area.
-Renewed clashes and sounds of explosions.
8. Al Mushariqah: sounds of clashes heard in the district.
9. Al Balleirmoun: sounds of gunfire and clashes.
10. Al Sayed Ali: clashes in the area that ended with the liberation of the district.
11. Al Feed - municipal stadium: very violent clashes near the municipal stadium, and sounds of 4 explosions shook the district.
12. Rural Aleppo - Al Ibzamo: clashes between the Free Syria Army and shabeeha [regime thugs] in the town.
*Delayed videos due to the cut-off of communications to Aleppo:
-Salah Al Deen: miraculous survival of a civilian who was wounded shot by cowardly snipers:http://youtu.be/sNK9QKp-kew
-A civilian shot by a sniper and wounded on the ground:http://youtu.be/ovnPEmEH85o
-Heroes of the Free Syria Army rush to help the civilian who was wounded by snipers:http://youtu.be/RZZv0PE6YnQ
Places that were bombed/shelled:
1. Bustan Al Qasr: intensified shelling on Bustan Al Qasr and the surrounding areas. There was an outbreak of fire from the rear of Al Hal market [souq] from the shelling:http://youtu.be/KIMsq2Vau-o
-Renewed violent shelling from warplanes.
2. Al Hellok: the remainder of the residents flee, and sounds of artillery shakes the district, with sounds of heavy gunfire at dawn.
-Morning: helicopter shelling on the district.
-Evening: 5 civilians martyrs and at least 20 casualties from the fall of 3 artillery shelling on residential houses.
3. Aleppo international airport: violent shelling from planes and tanks in a battle that erupted in the area at dawn.
4. Al Sakhour: renewed violent artillery shelling on the district.
-Afternoon: warplanes flying overhead violently shelled with machine guns.
Renewed warplane shelling on Al Sakhour and its surrounding districts.
5. Masakin Hanano: artillery shelling indiscriminately targeting houses, and the fall of 2 shells on Dar Al Asafeer with no reported casualties.
-More than 15 shells fell on residential houses. Great material damage was done and no reports of casualties.
6. Ba'eidein: indiscriminate artillery shelling at dawn targeting Ba'eidein and Al Sakhour.
-Clouds of smoke cover the sky of the area.
8 martyrs fell, including 5 martyrs from one family.
-Late afternoon: MiG planes shell Al Sakhour, Ba'eidein and Al Sheikh Khadar.
7. Al Heidariyeh: return of violent shelling to the district in the early hours of the morning.
8. Al Sha'ar: fall of more than 4 shells on Sad Al Lawz road, with no reported casualties.
-Night: violent and indiscriminate shelling.
-Fall of a number of shells on the district.
9. Al Jandoul roundabout: a cotton mill and a large oil factory burnt in the area from the shelling on the district, and flames strongly escalate. Civilians are struggling to extinguish the fire.
10. Al Zabadiyeh: violent shelling on Al Zabadiyeh and Al Itha'ah after Friday prayers and fire from the shelling:http://youtu.be/gBi6xcmB8SI
11. Al Itha'ah: violent shelling on Al Zabadiyeh and Al Itha'ah, and the fall of a shell on Fatima mosque.
12. Salah Al Deen: continued shelling and columns of smoke billowing from the district.http://youtu.be/Y1LUQc77OkE
13. Al Muwasalat Al Qadeimeh - Al Sha'ar: fall of a shell on a residential building, that lead to its complete destruction, and reports of dozens of martyrs casualties under the rubble. 8 martyrs fell, 5 of whom were from one family:http://youtu.be/zJ8eqWHChvE
14. Tareeq Al Bab: helicopters flying overhead the district shell with machine guns.
-Artillery shelling targeting the district and the fall of 3 shells.
-Continuous warplane shelling before iftaar [breaking fast time.]
15. Al Tarab: warplanes shell the district and clashes remain between the Free Syria Army and Assad militias.
16. Al Sheikh Khadar: late afternoon- MiG planes shell Al Sakhour, Ba'eidein and Al Sheikh Khadar.
17. Al Mayasar: warplane shelling on the district and the fall of shells with no reported casualties.
-Youth housing area: artillery and warplane shelling on the way to the airport for around 2 hours and up until after taraweeh [Ramadan prayers] at Al Afrah halls.
-Violent shelling and the fall of 2 shells in Othman road.
18. Al Maghayer: fall of shell on the district near Al Maghayer mosque at dawn, and reports of casualties.
19. Al Marjeh: MiG planes shell with several shells.
20. Al Kallaseh: violent shelling on Bustan Al Qasr and Al Kallaseh that lead to the destruction of some residential floors and a number of casualties.
21. Saif Al Dowleh: shelling on fallistrict focused on Al 'Uloum junction:http://youtu.be/m09YCUeb4UQ
-Violent artillery shelling before iftaar [breaking fast time] that targeted a number of residential buildings and lead to the fall of a martyr and 5 casualties.
22. Bustan Al Basha: fall of shells near Abu Rajab bakery.
23. Al Firdous: fall of a shell on the housing area of Al Firdous near Al Firdous mosque, which lead to the fall of a child martyr and other casualties.
24. Qadee Askar: machine gun and helicopter shelling, which lead to the fall of a martyr.
25. Bustan Al Zahra': falll of 4 tank shells in front of Khadeijah Al Kfallschool, with the kfalldge that the school is sheltering families who were displacfallom Salah Al Deen, and that the Free Syria Army was not present in that road. There is great panic among civilians, with an immediate exodus from the school and a cut-off of electricity.
-Fall of a shell on Hutheifah Bin Al Yaman mosque:http://youtu.be/5n-3Q_aP-ao
26. Bab Al Neirab: warplane shelling:http://youtu.be/LckkVPugCG4
*Northern suburbs: great explosion from the warplane shelling of 3 rockets that shook the northern suburbs.
27. Rural Aleppo - Tel Rif'at: warplanes flying overhead the northern suburbs that shell the city.
-Footage of the moment a warplane shelled and the explosion of the bomb:http://youtu.be/G_6s17XT-jE
28. Rural Aleppo - Al Bab: violent warplane shelling-http://youtu.be/e0TjtP-mt24
-Moment a rocket fell from a warplane-http://youtu.be/CzkD_aXB8Ns
29. Rural Aleppo - Manegh village: violent shelling from Manegh military airport.
30. Rural Aleppo - Deir Hafer: regime warplanes shelled the land reclamation company:http://youtu.be/TgrbsHAR9d8
31. Rural Aleppo - Ikhtirein: Assad militias shell the cultural centre.
32. Rural Aleppo - Taqad: shelling from the 46th regiment and no reports of casualties up until now.
33. Rural Aleppo - Ratyan: artillery shelling and the fall of 4 shells, and great numbers flee from the village due to the shelling that is indiscriminately targeting houses.
34. Rural Aleppo - Daret 'Izeh: violent shelling and the collapse of a house due to the fall of a shell on it.
-After midnight, renewed shelling with rocket launchers, and fires in houses due to the shelling.
35. Rural Aleppo - Kafar Karamein: shelling on the western suburbs from the 46th regiment targeting Kafar Karamein and surrounding towns.
*Delayed videos due to the cut-off of communications to the city of Aleppo:
-Al Zabadiyeh: smoke billowing due to the shelling 12/08/2012:http://youtu.be/w3DmU1oJgUA
-Saif Al Dowleh: smoke billowing from the shelling 11/08/2012:http://youtu.be/a9JWfHuOQMs
-Saif Al Dowleh: a house burnt from the shelling on Thursday 16/08/2012:http://youtu.be/AQ2z1sS9Iyo
Number of times that heavy army equipment was seen ‘tanks and armoured vehicles’:
1. Rural Aleppo - Tel Rif'at: warplanes overhead the northern suburbs.
2. Rural Aleppo - Al Bab: warplanes overhead shell the city:http://youtu.be/e0TjtP-mt24
3. Al Sakhour: warplanes overhead shell with machine guns.
4. Tareeq Al Bab: helicopters overhead shell with machine guns.
5. Al Tarab: arrival of 10 tanks to the district and warplanes shell.
6. Rural Aleppo - Tadef: warplanes overhead the village, in conjunction with a demonstration that emerged.
7. Qadee Askar: helicopters overhead the district:http://youtu.be/27CkFOcQHhk
8. Salah Al Deen: helicopters overhead:http://youtu.be/JqcHWbmKJMY
1. Al Ashrafiyeh: arrest of relief activist Kamal Mohammad Ahmad from in front of Busharet Al Khawree school on 12/08/2012. The regime and its security are held fully responsible for the abduction of the young man.
Demonstrations in the city of Aleppo:
Freedom-callers that participated in the demonstrations that the province of Aleppo saw today all came out calling for freedom, to topple the regime and to show solidarity and support of the occupied, besieged and uprising cities, especially Salah Al Deen, Aleppo suburbs and the districts being shelled, as well as to condemn the massacre in Azaaz and persevere with the revolution until victory is gained, and to rebuild a better Syria for all. Freedom-callers also saluted the Free Syria Army.
1. Al Furqan: demonstration from Sa'd Al Za'eem mosque:http://youtu.be/8HNWRfwS02Y
2. Aqaywal/Bab Al Hadeed: demonstration after Friday prayers:http://youtu.be/16E0tC7RAZs
-Demonstration reached Bab Al Hadeed:http://youtu.be/sv1j3cmHOXE
3. Aqaywal/Bab AL Hadeed: demonstration after Friday prayers:http://youtu.be/16E0tC7RAZs
-The demonstration reached Bab Al Hadeed:http://youtu.be/sv1j3cmHOXE
4. Al Sikaree: demonstration after Friday prayers:http://youtu.be/KUcK108S6ZM
Reported demonstrations with no footage- Al Sakhour, Al Sikaree, Al Itha'ah, Masakin Hanano, Al Marjeh.
Demonstrations in rural Aleppo:
Similarly to Aleppo, all the demonstrations that came out chanted to topple the regime, for freedom, to execute Bashar and to show solidarity with Azaaz, Salah Al Deen, the districts being shelled and the students of Aleppo university on campus against the atrocities committed by the regime, as well as to condemn the massacre in Azaaz and to persevere with the revolution until victory is gained, to show support and solidarity with uprising and besieged cities and with the martyrs of this revolution. Freedom-callers also saluted the Free Syria Army.
1. Kobanee: large demonstration after Friday prayers:http://youtu.be/hR9l_Yo2-hI
3. Mare': very large demonstration after Friday prayers:http://youtu.be/P-JhU2j2eOI
4. Talalein: large demonstration
5. Azaaz: funeral procession for female martyr Mayadah Hasano, who was killed in the Azaaz massacre:http://youtu.be/zuK6GfV_vFw
Reported daytime demonstrations with no footage- Azaaz, Ratyan, Tadef, Al Hader village, Hreitan, Al Safeirah, Daret 'Izeh, Daret 'Izeh.
1. Al Zeizafoun: large demonstration in the northern suburbs-http://youtu.be/AgFrAOtZ848
2. Mare': large evening demonstration-http://youtu.be/Bn7VXbAogXY
3. Manbej: large demonstration in the martyr Omar Qarsalee square (previously Al Karnak square)-http://youtu.be/5GnwI9kq1h8
4. Al Ibzamo: funeral procession for Jamal Haj Hamoud, a hero of the Omar Al Mukhtar brigade-http://youtu.be/bzlBpCtgQp4
Reported evening demonstrations with no footage- Sarein.
Peaceful revolutionary activities:
1. Al Sakhour: 2 young men bring in food supplies to Al Sakhour district:http://youtu.be/j_YWTOvLZ3Y
1. Rural Aleppo - Azaaz: new martyrs of the Azaaz Assad warplane shelling massacre who came from a Turkish hospital-
-Praying for the newly deceased martyrs from the massacre:http://youtu.be/oPH89NWJAdM
-Preparing graves to bury the martyrs of the massacre:http://youtu.be/_AdFS0ehTEg
-Mothers crying in the cemetery and their farewells to their martyred victim children in the massacre:http://youtu.be/RTgie2RfiFA
2. Rural Aleppo - Azaaz: funeral procession for Mahmoud Abdul Rahman Baghdadee, who was killed by shaveeha [regime thugs] in Aleppo:http://youtu.be/DwaxHczA7cA
-Burying the martyr:http://youtu.be/CIuPmEN6HkI
3. Rural Aleppo - Azaaz: praying for the soul of the female martyr Hana' Mohammad Daher:http://youtu.be/k7xD6DtyQA8