Saturday, August 11, 2012
11/08/2012 up until 8pm [SYRIA]
Report on the province of Aleppo and its surroundings 11/08/2012 up until 8pm
Summary for 11/08/2012 up until 8pm:
Number of arrests: 0
Number of martyrs: 2 in addition to a martyr from Idlib, Tarmanein, who was killed in Salah Al deen.
Number of protests: 0
Peaceful revolutionary activities: 2
Number of protests that had fire opened on them: 0
Number of cases of opening fire: 6
Number of shelled places: 13
Number of times that heavy army equipment was used: 5
Number of defections: 0
1. Salah Al Deen: body of a woman who was killed by snipers was retrieved:
2. Rural Aleppo - Al Jeineh: hero Mahmoud Eido, 26 years and from Tareq Ibn Ziad brigade, was killed during clashes in Salah Al Deen.
3. Idlib - Tarmaneen/Salah Al Deen: hero Majed Mohammad Abdul Azeez from Tarmaneen town in Idlib was killed while defending his people in Salah Al Deen.
1. Wounded and injured:
•Amputation of a good of a person who was injured from the shelling in a field hospital in Aleppo:
•Doctors aid the injured in the field hospital, despite the lack of medical staff:
2. Old Aleppo - Bab Al Nasr - Al Saweiqah: destruction of a house from the shelling:
3. Al Firdous: impact of shelling in from of schools:
-Shells penetrating residential buildings:
4. Bustan Al Qasr: impact of shelling and the place a rocket fell in the park of the district:
-Impact of destroytion in the residential buildings:
5. Salah Al Deen: shells bombing the district from the Assad army:
-Impact of destruction inside Khalid Bin Al Waleed mosque:
-Impact of destruction from the indiscriminate and violent shelling on the district and residential buildings:
6. Masakin Hanano: even schools are not spared from the shelling:
7. Eastern districts: civilians who remain from Al Sakhour, Masakin Hanano, Al Heidariyeh, Tareeq Al Bab and their surroundings have had a power outage for the past 5 days and no fuel generators, which has caused bakeries in the these areas to stop working. Additionally, they have had no communications nor internet and are running out of food and medicines, which has made the lives of those remaining very difficult, especially when trying to aid the injured from the continuous shelling on these districts.
Cases of gunfire:
1. Al 'Amariyeh: violent clashes in the district near Al Kazia military.
2. Al Feed: sounds of heavy gunfire near the national stadium.
3. Al Martini/Al Maridian: heavy gunfire and clashes at the immigration building.
4. Salah Al Deen: very violent clashes in Al Shar'iyeh road:
5. Al Ansaree: violent clashes since the morning.
6. Al Sabeel: sounds of gunfire in the area.
Places that were bombed/shelled:
1. Al Firdous: more than 5 shells fell at dawn on Al Albaseh road and the streets leading from it.
2. Bustan Al Qasr: complete and trended shelling.
3. Salah Al Deen: warplanes shell with rockets.
-Renewed MiG [Russian-made warplanes] shelling.
4. Al 'Amariyeh: shelling on residential buildings with tank artillery:
5. Al Hellok: helicopter shelling.
-Footage of the first moments after a helicopter rocket fell on Al Madares road:
6. Al Arqoub: shelling around Hanano barracks with warplanes.
7. Karam Al Jabal: warplanes shell:
8. Saif Al Dowleh: fall of a shell in front of Al Furqan pharmacy and material damage caused. No casualties were reported.
9. Al Ansaree: continuous shelling, in conjunction with clashes since the morning.
10. Al Sikaree: warplanes shell 2 separate builders with rockets in Al Hamam road and reports of casualties.
11. Al Feed: fall of a shell on Falafel Haway building on one of the floors. One material damage occurred.
12. Rural Aleppo - Hayyan: warplane shelling during the 3 hours before iftaar [breaking fast time]:
13. Rural Aleppo - Qubtan Al Jabal: very violent shelling from rocket launchers and artillery. The source of the shelling is Jam'iyet Al Zahra' and Al Sheikh Suleiman. More than 20 missiles fell and the shelling is continuous.
*Salah Al Deen: fall of a shell during clashes yesterday (Friday):
Number of times that heavy army equipment was seen ‘tanks and armoured vehicles’:
1. Warplanes overhead the eastern districts of Aleppo and Old Aleppo. Many missiles were thrown whose destination is unknown.
2. Salah Al Deen: helicopters fly overhead and warplanes shell with rockets:
3. Al 'Amariyeh: tanks spread in the district shell residential buildings:
4. Karam Al Jabal: warplanes shell the district:
5. Rural Aleppo - Hayyan: warplanes overhead shell the city:
Peaceful revolutionary activities:
1. Rural Aleppo - Al Bab: intellectuals of Al Bab city meet to discuss matters of the revolution:
2. Al Zabadiyeh: Al Nabelsee school changed its name to the name of the martyred hero Mohammad Attar:
Delayed videos and news:
1. Al A'thamiyeh: evening demonstration on Friday: