Report on the province of Aleppo and its surroundings 28/08/2012
Summary for 28/08/2012:
Number of arrests: 0
Number of martyrs: 18
Number of protests: 3
Peaceful revolutionary activities: 0
Number of protests that had fire opened on them: 0
Number of cases of opening fire: 4
Number of shelled places: 17
Number of times that heavy army equipment was used: 2
Number of defections: 0
1. Saif Al Dowleh: female Rahaf Hamada, who was shot by snipers with her husband while they were visiting their house to check up on it. Her husband, Tal’at Kal Mohammad, was killed instantly (documented previously), and she remained in a hospital until her death.
2. Al Hellok: unidentified martyr whose body was recovered under the rubble from the shelling:
3. Al Mayasar: Hilal Al Sou’, 75 years, killed from the shelling.
4. Al Mayasar: female Yasmine Al Eisa, 26 years, killed from the shelling.
5. Al Mayasar: child Mohammad Al Jasem, 11 years, killed from the shelling.
6. Al Mayasar: Abdullah Azraq, 33 years, killed from the shelling.
*Footage of the massacre caused by the violent artillery shelling:
7. Maysaloun: Mohammad Qatan, 30 years, who was executed after he was kidnapped by Al Mardal shabeeha, where they attacked Al Jabree bakery by opening fire in front of everybody present in the area. He was martyred immediately.
8. Bab Al Nasr: unidentified martyr:
9. Al Sikaree: Abdul Rahman Ahmad Faqee, killed by Assad militia snipers:
10. Bustan Al Basha: unidentified child martyr, 2 months old, killed from the shelling of residential buildings.
11. Bustan Al Basha: unidentified child martyr, 1 years old, killed from the shelling of residential buildings.
12.Bustan Al Basha: unidentified female martyr, killed from the shelling of residential buildings.
13. Rural Aleppo - Daret ‘Izeh/Saif Al Dowleh: Hussein Yasin, killed during clashes in Saif Al Dowleh in Aleppo.
14. Rural Aleppo - Ikhtarein/Salah Al Deen: Isma’eel Ali Zeino, 30 years with 3 children, was killed while defending civilians in Salah Al Deen, Aleppo:
15. Rural Aleppo - Jarablus - Al Kariyah: Abdul Rahman Al Muhaimeid, 15 years, killed from the indiscriminte shelling on Al Khafseh area.
16. Rural Aleppo - Azaaz: child Mahmoud Abdo Othman, who was wounded 2 months ago by Assad snipers in the military security building. He was being treated in a hospital in Turkey and was martyred today.
Prayers for the martyr:
17. Rural Aleppo - Anajareh/Al Itha’ah: Yaser Jum’ah Zarbo, a student in the Law Faculty, was killed by Assad militia gunfire in Al Itha’ah, Aleppo.
18. Rural Aleppo - Al Sahirah/Saif Al Dowleh: Yousef Yousef Al Khateeb, killed by Assad militia gunfire Saif Al Dowleh, Aleppo:
-Al Furqan: female child, daughter of Jameel Fuad Radwan, 14 years and who was in the 9th grade, was in Al Furqan district, near Nadi Al Dabbaat [officers club] and opposite the Aleppo tourism forum, was killed from a warplane shell that was headed for Salah Al Deen in the last days of Ramadan on 16/08/2012.
1. Injured and wounded-
•Rural Aleppo - Hreitan: 4 children casualties who were injured from a warplane shell:
2. Tareeq Al Bab: video showing what civilians have to suffer in order to get some bread, with some people queuing from 2am until 7 O’clock, in addition to daily shelling:
3. Sleiman Al Halabi: impact of the warplane shelling and destruction on a kindergarten/nursery:
4. Al Sakhour: impact of the extent of destruction in residential buildings, and the holes created by the shelling:
5. Bustan Al Basha: magnitude of the destruction to buildings that collapsed on top of its residents due to the shelling:
6. Al Sikaree: impact of the violent shelling:
-Impact of the shelling behind Al Masree bakery:
7. Al Kallaseh: impact of the shelling and destruction from the indiscriminate shelling:
8. Bustan Al Qasr: impact of the shelling on Al Yarmouk school and surrounding buildings:
-Impact of the violent shelling on Al Tahreer primary school, which caused destruction to a great part of it:
9. Saif Al Dowleh: impact of the destruction on residential buildings from the indiscriminate shelling:
10. Al Hellok: impact of the destruction from the violent shelling:
11. Aleppo: a cut-off of communications and internet since the late afternoon, except landlines in certain areas.
12. Rural Aleppo - Al Atareb: impact of the destruction after the continuous and violent shelling:
-The magnitude of destruction from the shelling:
-Impact of the shelling on civilian houses:
-A tour in the city and the impact of destruction everywhere:
13. Rural Aleppo - Kaljibreen: a bomb that targeted the village but did not explode:
-Rural Aleppo - Al Bab: a sample of casualties in the field hospital 05/08/2012:
-Salah Al Deen: impact of the shelling on Al Taqwa mosque 25/08/2012:
-Saif Al Dowleh: impact of the shelling 25/08/2012:
Cases of gunfire:
1. Salah Al Deen: continued violent clashes.
2. Saif Al Dowleh: continued clashes and exchanges of gunfire are still heard.
3. Al Itha’ah: continued violent clashes.
4. Al Sayyed Ali: renewed clashes in the surrounding area.
Places that were bombed/shelled:
1. Bustan Al Qasr: renewed shelling in the late afternoon.
-Evening: fall of a number of mortar shells on residential buildings, and reports of a number of casualties.
2. Al Kallaseh: shelling of the surrounding area.
3. Al Firdous: renewed shelling.
4. Saif Al Dowleh: continued indiscriminate shelling by Assad Militias.
-An outbreak of fire from the indiscriminate shelling:
5. Al Itha’ah: violent and indiscriminate shelling and the fall of shells on Al Hayah hospital.
6. Al Mayasar: indiscriminate artillery shelling on the district, which caused a number of casualties and martyrs.
7. Old Aleppo: civilians flee from the districts of Old Aleppo due to the violent warplane shelling and poor living conditions.
8. Nazlet Al Kura Al Ardiyeh: artillery shelling and the fall of a shell on Al Hayah hospital.
9. Al Neirab: warplane shelling on Jisr Al Neirab, near Aleppo international airport.
10. Bustan Al Basha: violent shelling and the fall of a female martyr and 2 child martyrs due to the destruction of a residential building:
*Warplane shelling of residential buildings in the eastern districts of Aleppo. Civilians are in a state of panic and they have been fleeing in mass numbers since the morning.
11. Rural Aleppo - Daret ‘Izeh: artillery shelling at dawn.
-Night: renewed indiscriminate and violent shelling targeting the city.
12. Rural Aleppo - Al Atareb: continued various types of barbaric shelling:
-Smoke rising from houses after the fall of a shell:
-Night: shelling from the 46th regiment, despite more than half the homes there having been destroyed.
13. Rural Aleppo - Kaljibreen: warplane shelling and smoke rising from the village:
14. Rural Aleppo - Azaaz: warplanes flying overhead shell the outskirts of the city from the southern side with 2 rockets, creating an atmosphere of panic and fear among civilians.
15. Southern Aleppo suburbs - Al Eis village: warplane and helicopter shelling. The losses are not yet known.
16. Rural Aleppo - Tel Rif’at: violent shelling with artillery from Manegh military airport at night.
17. Rural Aleppo - Hreitan: shelling of the town late last night.
*Important and delayed videos:
-Al Qaterjee: moment of warplane shelling and the explosion of a shell 26/08/2012:
-Al Zabadiyeh: fire rising from buldings that were shelled from Al Zahra’ artillery 16/08/2012:
-Saif Al Dowleh: moment of shelling on the postal building 25/08/2012:
Number of times that heavy army equipment was seen ‘tanks and armoured vehicles’:
1. Rural Aleppo - Kaljibreen: warplanes targeting the town:
2. Rural Aleppo - Azaaz: warplanes flying overhead shell the outskirts of the city from the southern side.
Demonstrations in the city of Aleppo:
Reported demonstrations with no footage- Masakin Hanano.
Freedom-callers that participated in the demonstrations that the province of Aleppo saw today all came out calling for freedom, to topple the regime and to show solidarity and support of the occupied, besieged and uprising cities, especially Salah Al Deen, Aleppo suburbs and the districts being shelled, as well as to comdemn the massacre in Dariya and to persevere with the revolution until victory is gained, and to rebuild a better Syria for all. Freedom-callers also saluted the Free Syria Army.
Demonstrations in rural Aleppo:
All the demonstrations that came out chanted to topple the regime, for freedom, to execute Bashar and to show solidarity with Azaaz, Salah Al Deen, the districts being shelled and the students of Aleppo university on campus against the atrocities committed by the regime, as well as to condemn the massacre in Daraya and to persevere with the revolution until victory is gained, to show support and solidarity with uprising and besieged cities and with the martyrs of this revolution. Freedom-callers also saluted the Free Syria Army.
1. Azaaz - bordering Bab Al Salameh: demonstration in front of the Turkish border demanding an air embargo:
-Turning into a sit-in:
2. Dabeq: evening demonstration for the stricken cities:
1. Rural Aleppo - Deir Hafer: a bunch of protective masks were discovered in the land reclamation company by the Free Syria Army. These masks were distributed some time age to all government institutions and centres, people and partisans.
A number of leaflets:
Delayed videos and news:
1. Rural Aleppo - Hardatnein: funeral procession for martyr Adham Haj Hamad, who was killed from the warplane shelling 24/08/2012:
2. Al Sha’ar: moment after a shell fell from a warplane on Friday 24/08/2012: