Sunday, August 12, 2012
Report on the province of Aleppo and its surroundings 12/08/2012
Summary for 11/08/2012:
Number of arrests: 0
Number of martyrs: 9
Number of protests: 6
Peaceful revolutionary activities: 1
Number of protests that had fire opened on them: 0
Number of cases of opening fire: 5
Number of shelled places: 15
Number of times that heavy army equipment was used: 5
Number of defections: 1
1. Rural Aleppo - Manbej: Saddam Ali Al Ali killed during an operation to liberate Maskaneh yesterday. He was transported to the national hospital and was originally from Al Khafseh town:http://youtu.be/CyCCFeDhq7s
2. Rural Aleppo - Arshaf: young 'Aqeel Abdulhay 'Aqeel killed while working to reconstruct what army planes had destroyed in his father's house. Another shell fell on the place and injured him and his brother.
3. Rural Aleppo - Qubtan Al Jabal: Ibrahim Tahoush killed from the rocket and artillery shelling in the morning.
4. Rural Aleppo - Kafarnooran: Nizar Mohammad Ali killed from the shelling from the 46th regiment.
5. Rural Aleppo - Tel Rif'at/Aleppo: Mohammad Haj Mustafa from Tel Rif'at was killed in clashes in Aleppo.
6. Rural Aleppo - Tel Rif'at/Aleppo: Ibrahim Darbas from Tel Rif'at was killed in clashes in Aleppo.
7. Rural Aleppo - Tel Rif'at/Aleppo: Ahmad Najjar from Tel Rif'at was killed in clashes in Aleppo.
8. Salah Al Deen: young man killed during an exchange of fire with regime forces.
9. Rural Aleppo - Hayyan/Jam'iyet Al Zahra': Yaser 'Aref Da'boul, 30 years, killed in an operation to blow up Jam'iyet Al Zahra' artillery. He was an Arabic literature teacher and was married with 2 children.
1. Injured and wounded:
•Rural Aleppo - Manbej: members of the Free Syria Army in the national hospital who were injured during an operation to liberate Maskanah yesterday: http://youtu.be/MLZWcrwOl2U
•Rural Aleppo - Hreitan: injured from the violent shelling on the city.
2. Rural Aleppo - Al Atareb: impact of warplane shelling and the extent of the holes created from helicopter bombs:http://youtu.be/Te4iBQsbQsU
3. Rural Aleppo - Baza'ah: impact of shelling on schoolls today:http://youtu.be/dNXh-Ujk0hk
-Inside the school:http://youtu.be/PTjHn6Ix9Z8
4. Al Ashrafiyeh: members of the PPK assault an evening demonstration with knives that lead to the injuries of some demonstrators.
5. Al Sha'ar: impact of shelling on Dar Al Shafa' by warplanes:http://youtu.be/fxs2dnZDCHs
Cases of gunfire:
1. Salah Al Deen: sounds of gunfire from the outskirts of the district were heard clearly even from Al Hamdaniyeh.
2. Al Saba' Bahraat: clashes and damage to a number of Assad army machines.
3. Souq Al Hal: violent clashes around the traffic branch [fir' al muroor] between members of the Free Syria Army and Assad militias stationed in buildings.
4. Halab Al Jadeideh: very violent clashes around the political security near Al Basil roundabout.
5. Jam'iyet Al Zahra': violent clashes at the air intelligence building.
Places that were bombed/shelled:
1. Al Zabadiyeh: fall of a number of shells causing material damage. The shelling was broadcasted live.
2. Bustan Al Qasr: fall of a shell that caused material damage.
-Night: renewed violent shelling from warplanes.
3. Al Ard Al Hamra: jet planes opened fire from heavy machine guns on houses.
4. Saif Al Dowleh: fall of shells that caused material damage and some civilian casualties.
-Night: renewed violent shelling from warplanes.
5. Souq Al Hal: fall of a number of shells on the gas/petrol station.
6. Masakin Hanano: violent artillery shelling from warplanes.
7. Salah Al Deen: non-stop violent shelling with artillery and helicopters.
8. Al Sha'ar: Dar Ishifa' hospital and its surroundings targeted by warplanes today:http://youtu.be/fxs2dnZDCHs
9. Rural Aleppo - Ikhtirein: warplane shelling from the Assad militias:http://youtu.be/dbHf_GkI9fc
10. Rural Aleppo - Arshaf: fall of a shell on a civilian house that lead to the martyrdom of a young man and injured his brother.
11. Rural Aleppo - Al Atareb: continued shelling at dawn that lead to the burning of some farmland:http://youtu.be/4aZinBaVHao
12. Rural Aleppo - Baza'ah: helicopter shelling and smoke billowing from buildings and schools:http://youtu.be/jKroyMvo4vI
13. Rural Aleppo - Al Ibzamo: indiscriminate shelling from the 46th regiment with artillery and rocket launchers in conjunction with a power outage.
14. Rural Aleppo - Hreitan: casualties from the violent shelling with rocket launchers and artillery since 7pm and until after night prayers.
15. Rural Aleppo - Mare': warplane shelling at night.
Number of times that heavy army equipment was seen ‘tanks and armoured vehicles’:
1. Eastern districts: helicopters overhead the eastern districts shell Masakin Hanano, Al Ard Al Hamra and the surrounding areas:http://youtu.be/NEnh-b3xdSI
2. Rural Aleppo - Ikhtirein: warplanes overhead shell the town:http://youtu.be/dbHf_GkI9fc
3. Rural Aleppo - Tel Rif'at: warplanes fly overhead for the 6th day in a row:http://youtu.be/ZsPXPaHFivQ
4. Rural Aleppo - Al Atareb: armoured vehicles at the checkpoint roam the fields:http://youtu.be/cDE5ibM5AE0
5. Rural Aleppo - Baza'ah: warplanes overhead shell the city:http://youtu.be/_e--wFOI-3A
Demonstrations in the city of Aleppo:
Freedom-callers that participated in the demonstrations that the province of Aleppo saw today all came out calling for freedom, to topple the regime and to show solidarity and support of the occupied, besieged and uprising cities, especially Salah Al Deen, Aleppo suburbs and the districts being shelled, as well as to persevere with the revolution until victory is gained, and to rebuild a better Syria for all. Freedom-callers also saluted the Free Syria Army.
Reported demonstrations with no video footage- Al Ashrafiyeh, Halab Al Jadeideh [New Aleppo.]
Demonstrations in rural Aleppo:
Similarly to the city of Aleppo, all the demonstrations that came out chanted to topple the regime, for freedom, to execute Bashar and to show solidarity with Salah Al Deen, the districts being shelled and the students of Aleppo university on campus against the atrocities committed by the regime, as well as to persevere with the revolution until victory is gained, to show support and solidarity with uprising and besieged cities and with the martyrs of this revolution. Freedom-callers also saluted the Free Syria Army.
1. Mare': large evening demonstration:http://youtu.be/1yRyTgbWBIw
Reported demonstrations with no video footage- Arshaf, Ikhtirein, Manbej.
Peaceful revolutionary activities:
1. Rural Aleppo - Al Bab: a campaign of cleaning the city:http://youtu.be/6PZoT89UjNQ
1. Defection of Colonel Mustafa Badr Khan from the ranks of the Air Force Academy: http://youtu.be/51e3wD9qCtc
1. Rural Aleppo - Daret 'Izeh: Brigadier General Zakee Lawlah, from the ranks of the southern area management, head of the operations branch, joined the Tawheed brigade:http://youtu.be/7npPub0c2DI
Delayed news and videos:
1. Rural Aleppo - Manbej: large evening demonstration in the main square after taraweeh [Ramadan prayers] on Saturday:http://youtu.be/W3McYKlRtEs