Report on the province of Aleppo and its surroundings 25/08/2012 up until 8pm
Summary for 25/08/2012 up until 8pm:
Number of arrests: 0
Number of martyrs: 25, 7 of whom were killed during the shelling on Al Musharaqah last night, and an unidentified martyr who died in Tyrkey more than 10 days ago.
Number of protests: 0
Peaceful revolutionary activities: 0
Number of protests that had fire opened on them: 0
Number of cases of opening fire: 3
Number of shelled places: 21
Number of times that heavy army equipment was used: 3
Number of defections: 2
1. Ba'eidein: Yahya Ali Al Jasem, killed after he was arrested by Assad forces, who immediately executed him.
2. Ba'eidein: Mahmoud Abdul Hameed Mustafa (known as Seimoun), killed after he was arrested by Assad forces, who executed him.
3. Al Sheikh Fares: Fares Abdul Kareem Khalo, died from wounds he had sustained from the shelling in the morning.
4. Al Qaseileh: Mahmoud Fadel Asanee, 40 years, killed from the shelling on the districts of Old Aleppo.
5. Al Qaseileh: Eihab Hassan Jaboulee, 32 years with 2 children, was killed from snipers at the citadel.
6. Al Heidariyeh: Ibrahim Al Abyan Al Ajeilee, 25 years, killed by snipers in Al Midan, where he was a grocery seller.
7. Rural Aleppo - Basartoun/Al Firdous: Mahmoud Al Sagheir Ibn Ahmad, father to an 11-year-old, was killed by Ouram Al Kubra shabeeha while he was heading to Basartoun village. He is the brother of martyr Ibrahim Al Sagheir.
8. Rural Aleppo - Baza'ah/Bustan Al Basha: Ahmad Abdul Kashout, of the Fateh brigade, was killed in Aleppo, Bustan Al Basha:
9. Rural Aleppo - Al Bab: engineer Bilal Ahmad Al Taleb, killed from the indiscriminate shelling on the districts of Aleppo.
10. Rural Aleppo - Al Salameh: Mohammad Mohammad Eisano, killed by Assad army gunfire on the way to Al Ma'rah while he was driving. He was married a month and a half ago.
11. Rural Aleppo - Anadan: Zaher Gharab, executed with gunfire at a checkpoint on the way to Al Shaqeeq, at the entrance of northern Aleppo.
12. Rural Aleppo - Anadan: Mohammad Zaher Gharab, executed with gunfire at a checkpoint on the way to Al Shaqeeq, at the entrance of northern Aleppo.
13. Rural Aleppo - Faisal Gharab, executed with gunfire at a checkpoint on the way to Al Shaqeeq, at the entrance of northern Aleppo.
14. Rural Aleppo - Manbej - Tel Hawathan: female Rateibeh Al Khamees, known as Nazhah Al Kuyouf, who is in the national hospital, was killed from the shelling:
15. Rural Aleppo - Manbej - Tel Hawathan: Aleiwee Al Matar, killed from the plane shelling on the village.
16. Rural Aleppo - Qubtan Al Jabal/Salah Al Deen: hero Hassan Turkee Abdul Rahman, 19 years and who married 20 days ago, was killed in Salah Al Deen while confronting Assad militias:
17. Rural Aleppo - Tel Rif'at: Ahmad Abdul Rahman Awso, killed during clashes in Aleppo.
18-24. Al Musharaqeh: 7 martyrs fell from the destruction of a building in the district from the shelling yesterday.
25. Turkey - Al Reihaniyeh hospital: unidentified martyr who was wounded in Aleppo on 08/08/2012. He was known as Muhammad Abu Abdullah and died 5 days later:
*Video of the 2 martyrs Khalid Ramadan Zammeh and Abdo Ahmad Zameh, who were killed in Qubtan Al Jabal from the shelling of Al Kbeer mosque:
*Note: it has been revealed that Abdul Kareem Aswad, from Ratyan, whose name was listed as a martyr yesterday, is still alive and being treated.
1. Injured and wounded:
•Rural Aleppo - Mare': multiple casualties, including children, from the warplane shelling yesterday:
•Al Sha'ar: a child casualty who survived from under the rubble. He recounts what happened:
-2 other children who survived who have fear and panic about what happened:
2. Al Sikaree: impact of the shelling that pounded a residential building:
-An opening in a building wall:
3. Al Arqoub: impact of the warplane shelling, and the amount of destruction caused:
4. Saif Al Dowleh: impact of the shelling and destruction:
-Impact of the shelling on Al Nasr mosque:
5. Masakin Hanano: impact of 2 shells that fell near the police station of the district:
-Impact of the indiscriminate shelling and damage to buildings:
6. Al Sha'ar: impact of the shelling and destruction:
-Impact of the shelling of Sad Al Lawz:
7. Bustan Al Qasr: civilians fear from Assad's shelling and flee:
8. Sleiman Al Halabee: the district is experiencing a mass exodus, in addition to an complete outage of electricity and water.
9. Rural Aleppo - Mare': warplanes and taking civilians to field hospitals in ambulances:
10. Rural Aleppo - Manbej: impact of the shelling and the destruction to civilian houses:
11. Rural Aleppo - Qubtan Al Jabal: impact of the violent warplane shelling:
12. Rural Aleppo - Al Bab: impact of the shelling in the morning:
13. Rural Aleppo - Manbej: a shell that targeted Al Zira'iyeh school but did not explode:
Cases of gunfire:
1. Saif Al Dowleh: continued violent clashes, in addition to continuous shelling.
2. Al Midan: violent clashes in the district.
3. Maysaloun: continued clashes in the area.
Places that were bombed/shelled:
1. Saif Al Dowleh: during the end of the night, before dawn, there was shelling that caused an outbreak of fire in a buliding-
-Sounds of shelling on Saif Al Dowleh and its neighbouring districts:
-Fire in a building from the indiscriminate shelling:
-Continued targeting of the district with shells until the afternoon, and the moment a shell fell near Al Nasr mosque, which has been targeted previously:
-Very important: fall of a succession of shells on the district:
-Smoke rising from the post office:
2. Masakin Hanano: renewed artillery shelling at dawn.
3. Ugheir: artillery shelling on Ugheir and Bab Al Hadeed, and columns of dust rise at the place of shelling at dawn.
4. Bab Al Hadeed: artillery shelling on Ugheir and Bab Al Hadeed, and columns of dust rise at the place of shelling at dawn.
5. Al Sakhour: warplane shelling in the morning.
6. Al Hellok: helicopter shelling on Al Hellok and Bustan Al Basha, where some bombs were thrown.
7. Bustan Al Basha: helicopter shelling on Al Hellok and Bustan Al Basha, where some bombs were thrown.
8. Ba'eidein: artillery shelling in the afternoon.
9. Al Marjeh: shelling of Al Sana'ah school in the evening.
10. Al Itha'ah: the district and its surroundings were targeted in the evening.
11. Al Zabadiyeh: the district and its surroundings were targeted in the evening.
12. Al Midan: 3 shells fell, critically wounding a woman.
13. Al Mayasar: renewed helicopter and artillery shelling in the evening.
14. Sleiman Al Halabi: late afternoon - warplane shelling that lead to the collapse of a part of a residential building, the fall of a martyr and a number of casualties, in addition to shelling the water company and the electrical emergency company.
15. Rural Aleppo - Hreitan: before dawn - reports of renewed and intense shelling from warplanes.
16. Rural Aleppo - Bashqatein: shelling of Bashqatein and Anajareh at dawn.
17. Rural Aleppo - Anajareh: shelling of Bashqatein and Anajareh at dawn.
18. Rural Aleppo - Al Bab: warplane shelling in the morning.
-Smoke rising from the shelling:
19. Rural Aleppo - Anadan: continued warplane shelling on the city. It should be noted that the city has become depopulated as a result of the daily shelling and the lack of life necessities, since the village has been cut off of electricity for the past 2 months.
20. Rural Aleppo - Manbej: warplane shelling on Al Zira'ah school:
21. Rural Aleppo - Tel Hawathan in Manbej suburbs: warplane shelling, which lead to the fall of 2 martyrs.
*Important videos from yesterday:
-Rural Aleppo - Mare': warplane shelling yesterday-
-Moment a shell fell:
-Smoke rising after the fall of a shell:
-Rural Aleppo - Azaaz: very clear footage of shelling last night with warplanes:
-Al Sakhour: of the shelling of the district that targeted Al Muttaqein mosque yesterday:
Number of times that heavy army equipment was seen ‘tanks and armoured vehicles’:
1. Share' Al Neel [Neel road]: helicopters flying overhead and sounds of machine gun artillery and mortars heard clearly in Share' Al Neel and Al Sabeel.
2. Warplane flying overhead Bustan Al Basha, Al Hellok, Al Sheikh Fares and Al Sheikh Khadar.
3. Rural Aleppo - Manbej: warplanes flying overhead target Al Zira'ah school:
1. Defection of lawyer Eisa Mohammad Khalaf, who announced his defection from the Syrian judiciary and who joined the Fatah brigade, of Saif Allah battalion in the Free Syria Army:
2. Defection of sergeant Qasem Al Sabeihee, from the ranks of the air defence, 26th division, who joined the Fatah brigade, of Saif Allah battalion in the Free Syria Army:
Delayed news and videos:
1. Tel Rif'at: evening demonstration on Friday, with the participation of the Free Syria Army:
-During the march:
2. Masakin Hanano: demonstration after Friday prayers yesterday:
3. Masakin Hanano: second demonstration in the evening amid the violent shelling:
4. Al Ashrafiyeh: great evening demonstration in front of Salah Al Deen mosque last night: