Friday, August 3, 2012
Report on the province of Aleppo and its surroundings
-Ibeen massacre: the initial count of martyrs is 7, in addition to several critically wounded from the indiscriminate shelling-http://youtu.be/8q2aRhyFJgI
1. 'Waheed Rajab Qa'ee'
2. 'Raya Abdullah'
3. 'Mohammad Waheed Qa'ee'
4. Female 'Montaha Haseen Qat'ee'
5-6. Female 'Hasna' Waheed Qa'ee' and her child.
7. Child 'Abdul Rahman Mohammad Qa'ee'
8. Rural Aleppo - Ma'ret Al Arteeq/Salah Al Deen: 'Omar Abdullah Al Abdullah', 23 years and from Maret Al Arteeq. He was killed by security gunfire during clashes in Salah Al Deen.
9. 'Mostafa Othman Al Saloum', martyred when he was targeted in a bus travelling to Ma'razayta village in Ma'ret Al Na'man in Idlib.
10. Al Hamdaniyeh: unidentified martyr who was killed when an ambulance was targeted on Al Hamdaniyeh highway.
11. Rural Aleppo - Kafar Halab: 'Mohammad Al Dreib' martyred when a convoy heading to Aleppo was targetd at Jisr Barqoum.
12. Rural Aleppo - Qabaseen/Handarat: 'Mostafa' from Qabaseen and known as 'Hajji Qabaseen' was martyred during a battle in Handarat.https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=456725034367517&set=a.242268182479871.64409.201246229915400&type=1&relevant_count=1
13. Aleppo/Damascus: 'Yahya Mahmoud Maymah' from Aleppo, was targeted in Eid Tarma and he lived in Saqba in Damascus.
1. Salah Al Deen: impact of shelling and destruction:http://youtu.be/CtdTCNCz_Wk
Salah Al Deen mosque targeted:http://youtu.be/DSB4Dd926f4
2. Rural Aleppo - Ibeen: impact of shelling at dawn that caused a massacre:http://youtu.be/IiHjuTU2Gaw
3. Rural Aleppo - Tel Rif'at: the remains of a rocket that targeted at dawn:http://youtu.be/9bKjjCAazFs
4. Rural Aleppo - Manbej: impact of warplane shelling:http://youtu.be/wTAnJXQYj8o
5. A number of residents flee from Qadee Askar to other districts in the city, including Al Maridian.
6. Aleppo: an uneasy calm in the city, and internet services remain cut off in most districts. Some areas have regained internet access but with poor signal and some areas have been cut off of electricity and there is a lack of bread, fuel and streets are almost entirely empty of pedestrians.
Places that were shelled:
*Smoke billowing from districts of Aleppo. Most of the footage shows Salah Al Deen:http://youtu.be/j8WQAOC5JRE
1. Warplanes fire rockets towards districts in Aleppo, notably Salah Al Deen:http://youtu.be/Zhcxfk5LyRA
-Heavy tank shelling amid clashes between the Free Syria ARmy and Assad militias. Heavy smoke was seen billowing:http://youtu.be/9MTyr0_teT0
-Heavy machine gun shelling from warplanes in Salah Al Deen:http://youtu.be/lhqeeCUNgwU
-Al A'thamiyeh checkpoint targets the district with several indiscriminate mortar shells.
-After midnight, the shelling was intensified and sounds of very heavy explosions were head in Salah Al Deen.
2. Al Mayasar: helicopter shelling.
3. Karam Al Tarab: reports of the fall of a martyr and some injured from the warplane shelling on the district near Qadee Askar.
4. Al Sakhour: sporadic shelling on the outskirts of the district.
5. Rural Aleppo - Tel Rif'at: Complete cut-off of all types of communications to Syria and Assad militias violently shell from Manegh military airport on the north and the centre of Tel Rif'at city at dawn.
-Renewed shelling at 8am from Assad militias stationed in Manegh airport:http://youtu.be/jyBb_uxGUnY
6. Rural Aleppo - Kaljibreen: shelling from Assad militias stationed in Manegh airport, where 3 shells fell north of the town at dawn.
7. Rural Aleppo - Al Atareb: indiscriminate artillery shelling from the 46th regiment.
-Night: renewed artillery shelling from the 46th regiment targeting residential houses indiscriminately.
8. Rural Aleppo - Al Bab: warplanes fire many bombs and shell with machine guns the west of the city at night.
*Rural Aleppo - Manbej: moment a rocket fell from a warplane on the centre of the city yesterday [Wednesday]:http://youtu.be/xWDCgclTdqk
Number of times that heavy army equipment was seen ‘tanks and armoured vehicles’:
1. Warplanes remain overhead in Aleppo and continue to fire rockets on residential buildings:http://youtu.be/Zhcxfk5LyRA
2. Salah Al Deen: warplanes targeting the district with rockets and heavy machine guns: http://youtu.be/lhqeeCUNgwU
3. Rural Aleppo - Tel Rif'at: warplanes overhead at dawn:http://youtu.be/2PK8TxYKVMc
4. Road from Aleppo to Latakia: the arrival of more crowds of convoys of the regime army to Aleppo:http://youtu.be/Pnb-MbhFGy4
5. Al Hamdaniyeh: a convoy of tanks enter Al Rabe' area in the evening.
6. Al Ramouseh: a great number of tanks and personnel carries enter Al Ramouseh towards the artillery school from Tareeq Al Sham [Damascus.]
Demonstrations in the city of Aleppo:
Freedom-callers that participated in the demonstrations that the province of Aleppo saw today all came out calling for freedom, to topple the regime and to show solidarity and support of the occupied, besieged and uprising cities, especially Salah Al Deen, Aleppo suburbs and the districts being shelled, as well as to persevere with the revolution until victory is gained, and to rebuild a better Syria for all. Freedom-callers also saluted the Free Syria Army.
1. Al Hellok/Al Haydariyeh: large evening demonstration that reached Al Haydariyeh:http://youtu.be/g42WbRbA0Vc
2. Al Sha'ar: evening demonstration after taraweeh [Ramadan prayers].
Very large crowds in the square:http://youtu.be/58PPZdlKfCk
Reported demonstrations with no footage- Halab Al Jdeedeh [New Aleppo], Al A'thamiyeh, Bostan Al Qasr, Al Khaldiyeh.
Demonstrations in rural Aleppo:
Similarly to the city of Aleppo, all the demonstrations that came out chanted to topple the regime, for freedom, to execute Bashar and to show solidarity with Salah Al Deen, the districts being shelled and the students of Aleppo university on campus against the atrocities committed by the regime, as well as to persevere with the revolution until victory is gained, to show support and solidarity with uprising and besieged cities and with the martyrs of this revolution. Freedom-callers also saluted the Free Syria Army.
1. Manbej: evening demonstration and the live broadcasting:http://youtu.be/EZKjt-BadJM
1. Rural Aleppo - Azaaz: defection of Recruiter Sergeant 'Mostafa Ahmad Al Ahmad.'
1. Colonel Abdul Jabar Akeidee delivered a statement warning of a massacre in Aleppo and called for foreign countries to intervene outside the Security Council and the United Nationshttp://youtu.be/ab05OpoOInA
Delayed videos and news:
1. Al Sakhour: evening demonstration despite a cut off of land and mobile communications yesterday evening:http://youtu.be/1qFBH4-YrfQ
2. Qadee Askar square: evening demonstration yesterday:http://youtu.be/d3uiqGy06Ps
3. Al Sha'ar: morning demonstration after dawn prayers yesterday:http://youtu.be/Nvv0yj30HNg
Summary for 02/08/2012:
Number of arrests: 0
Number of martyrs: 13 including names received of a massacre in Ibeen.
Number of protests: 7
Peaceful revolutionary activities: 0
Number of protests that had fire opened on them: 0
Number of cases of opening fire: 0 (taking into account that the cut off of communications makes it difficult to receive news of places that had gunfire.)
Number of shelled places: 8
Number of times that heavy army equipment was used: 6
Number of defections: 1