Report on the province of Aleppo and its surroundings 19/08/2012 up until 8pm
Summary for 19/08/2012:
Number of arrests: 0
Number of martyrs: 12
Number of protests: 17
Peaceful revolutionary activities: 0
Number of protests that had fire opened on them: 0
Number of cases of opening fire: 3
Number of shelled places: 5
Number of times that heavy army equipment was used: 3
Number of defections: 0
1-2. Bustan Al Qasr: an increase of 2 martyrs who remartilleryntified and found between the rubble due to the indiscriminate shelling:
3-4. Al Ard Al Hamra: names of martyrs who were killed due the the artilyery shelling that destroyed 3 houses:
-Khalid Hameidan Mash'al:
-Marhaf Al Sa'eed.
*5-11. Qadee Askar massacre: fall of 7 martyrs, including a number of women, from the Shakshak family, due to the fall of a shell on one of the buildings near the bakery:
12. Rural Aleppo - Baza'ah/Salah Al Deen: Mustafa Mahmoud Al Sheikh, killed during a military operation in Salah Al Deen:
-Attempts to aid the martyr:
1. Wounded and injured-
•Bustan Al Qasr: 5 casualties from the indiscriminate shelling that targeted residential houses.
2. Al Jazmatee roundabout: impact of the warplane shelling:
3. Stricken Salah Al Deen: impact of the destruction from the indiscriminate and continuous shelling:
4. Saif Al Dowleh: impact of shelling on the minaret of Al Nasr mosque:
5. Al Zabadiyeh: impact of the destruction from the warplane shelling:
-Collapse of entire floors in a residential building:
6. Bustan Al Qasr: impact of the destruction from the shelling on the houses of innocent civilians:
-A building that had a shell fall on it and caused the fall of 2 martyrs and 5 casualties:
7. Al Arqoub roundabout: regime snipers arrived and stationed themselves on building roof-tops present around Al Arqoub roundabout.
8. Al Muwasalat Al Qadeimeh: this building was destroyed on the 17/08/2012 and bodies were retrieved from it on the first day of Eid:
-Impact of the destruction:
9. Rural Aleppo - Batabo: report from the heart of the town by three young men on the morning of Eid who describe the situation of the town:
10. Rural Aleppo - Tel Rif'at: report of the first day of Eid showing the state of the city, the mothers of martyrs, the displaced refugees and the tragedy of the country:
11. Aleppo and its suburbs: a continued complete cut-off of land and mobile communications, including the internet.
Cases of gunfire:
1. Al Jdaideh square: clashes and the liberation of the area. Shabeeha [regime thugs] and Assad militia checkpoints were removed.
2. Salah Al Deen: continued clashes on the outskirts of the district.
3. Al Itha'ah: violent clashes and gunfire in the area.
Places that were bombed/shelled:
1. Qadee Askar: a new massacre from the continuous warplane shelling that claimed the lives of 7 people.
-Footage of a collapsed building:
-An attempt to retrieve bodies from between the rubble:
2. Al Zabadiyeh: warplane shelling on the district and smoke rises from the area.
3. Bustan Al Qasr: indiscriminate artillery shelling on the district that hit a residential house and lead to the fall of 2 martyrs and 5 casualties.
4. Saif Al Dowleh: violent shelling since the morning:
5. Masakin Hanano: indiscriminate shelling on the district and its surroundings.
Number of times that heavy army equipment was seen ‘tanks and armoured vehicles’:
1. Rural Aleppo - Azaaz: warplanes flying overhead with sunrise on the first day of Eid-ul-Fitr.
2. Rural Aleppo - Tel Rif'at: warplanes flying overhear with sunrise on the first day of Eid-ul-Fitr.
3. Aleppo: helicopters shell the city on the first day of Eid-ul-Fitr.
Demonstrations in the city of Aleppo:
Freedom-callers that participated in the demonstrations that the province of Aleppo saw today all came out calling for freedom, to topple the regime and to show solidarity and support of the occupied, besieged and uprising cities, especially Salah Al Deen, Aleppo suburbs and the districts being shelled, as well as to condemn the massacre in Azaaz and persevere with the revolution until victory is gained, and to rebuild a better Syria for all. Freedom-callers also saluted the Free Syria Army.
1. Al Sha'ar: morning demonstration after Eid prayers:
-Lead by members of the Free Syria Army:
2. Al Sakhour: demonstration of those who remain in Al Sakhour on Eid morning:
3. Al Sikaree: great demonstration after Eid prayers despite the destruction and lead by a freedom-calling child:
4. Al Zabadiyeh: demonstration of those who remain in the district, lead by the Free Syria Army:
Demonstrations in rural Aleppo:
Similarly to Aleppo, all the demonstrations that came out chanted to topple the regime, for freedom, to execute Bashar and to show solidarity with Azaaz, Salah Al Deen, the districts being shelled and the students of Aleppo university on campus against the atrocities committed by the regime, as well as to condemn the massacre in Azaaz and to persevere with the revolution until victory is gained, to show support and solidarity with uprising and besieged cities and with the martyrs of this revolution. Freedom-callers also saluted the Free Syria Army.
1. Al Ibzamo: morning demonstration after Eid prayers:
2. Dabeq: morning demonstration after Eid prayers:
3. Ibeen: morning demonstration after Eid prayers:
-Inside the mosque:
4. Al Jeineh: large demonstration on Eid morning:
5. Daret 'Izeh: large demonstration in the town square after Eid prayers:
-Words from Doctor Khayr-Allah Taleb, head of the Islamic Sham Commission:
6. Mare': demonstration on Eid morning:
7. Sandarah: morning demonstration on Eid morning:
8. Shaweiha: morning demonstration on Eid morning:
9. Jarablus: large morning demonstration after Eid prayers
10. Sheiran: morning demonstration after Eid prayers:
11. Talalein: morning demonstration after Eid prayers in Talalein in the northern suburbs:
12. Baza'ah: morning demonstration after Eid prayers:
Reported demonstrations with no footage- Taqad.
1. Rural Aleppo - Tel Rif'at: takbeers [Allahu akbar - God is great] sounding from mosque minarets:
2. Aleppo: greetings of the Free Syria Army to their families in Aleppo on the first day of Eid-ul-Fitr:
3. Rural Aleppo - Al Atareb: a young man of the revolution visits his martyred friends Madar and Mounir Akoush and Ahmad Awad, with crying from the cameraman:
-Heroes of the Free Syria ARmy visit the martyr first lieutenant Ahmad Faj, lead of the Shuhada' Al Atareb brigade:
-Freedom-callers of Al Atareb visiting the graves if martyrs:
Delayed news and videos:
1. Rural Aleppo - Al Ibzamo: evening demonstration on Saturday stating that Ramadan has ended but Eid has not come: