Thursday, September 27, 2012
27/09/2012 until 8pm [SYRIA]
Report on the province of Aleppo and its surroundings 27/09/2012 until 8pm [SYRIA]
• Summary for 27/09/2012:
Number of arrests: 10
Number of martyrs: 4
Number of demonstrations: 3
Peaceful revolutionary activities: 0
Number of protests that had fire opened on them: 0
Number of cases of opening fire: 9
Number of shelled places: 20
Number of times that heavy army equipment was used: 0
Number of defections: 0
1) Salah Al Deen: Effects of destruction resulting from shelling by Assad forces on Al Ramouseh highway.
2) Al Hellok: Effects of artillery shelling onto the neighbourhood.
3) Rural Aleppo- Qubtan Al Jabal: Effects of destruction resulting from warplane shelling onto homes in the city.
4) Aleppo- Al Ansari: Effects of destruction onto buildings resulting from artillery shelling by Assad forces.
5) Rural Aleppo- Maskaneh: Effects of warplane shelling targeting a lorry carrying food supplies.
• Cases of gunfire:
1) Al A’thamiyeh: violent clashes between the Free Syria Army and Assad militias.
2) Al Itha’ah: very violent clashes in the late afternoon between the Free Syria Army and the regime army.
3) Al Hamdaniyeh: clashes between members of the Free Syria Army and the Assad army.
4) Saif Al Dowleh: violent clashes between Assad forces and the Free Syria Army, after it was decided to launch an attack against the Assad army at 4pm to remove their presence from the area.
5) Al Jamiliyeh: Assad militia open fire in front of Al Sideeq mosque to disperse passers-by. Assad pick-up vans opened machine gun fire in front of the CD shops.
6) Al Akramiyeh: clashes were intensified between the Free Syria Army and the regime army, and the sound of gunfire did stop for many hours.
7) New Aleppo [Halab Al Jdeedeh]: clashes between the Free Syria Army and Assad forces are going on right now in the district, from the direction of the military security.
8) Al Martini: heavy gunfire near the immigration building.
9) Old Aleppo - Al Mileh square: after takbeers [Allahu Akbar - God is the greatest] were heard strongly in the district, regime forces stationed near Al Adalee opened very heavy and indiscriminate gunfire on houses and mosque minarets.
• Places that were bombed/shelled:
1) Al Mayassar: artillery shelling since the early hours of the morning, and a number of explosions were heard.
2) Suleiman Al Halabi: very violent artillery shelling since the early hours of dawn.
3) Al Sakhour: very violent artillery shelling since the early hours of dawn.
4) Al Marjeh: Artillery shelling affecting civilian homes.
5) Al Kallaseh: Artillery shelling by Assad forces during the afternoon, three shells fell.
6) Al Midan: Helicopter flying and shooting using machine guns and bombs onto the neighbourhood, the sounds of explosions shook the area.
7) Bustan Al Basha: Helicopter flying and shooting using machine guns and bombs onto the neighbourhood, the sounds of explosions shook the area.
8) Al Bab way: Warplanes shelled the neighbourhood during the afternoon.
9) Karm Al Tarrab: Warplanes shelled the neighbourhood during the afternoon.
10) Al Neirab: Shelling using rockets present in Aleppo Airport onto the neighbourhood, a number of rockets fell, however, there were no reports of injuries or damage.
11) Al Akramieh: Two shells fell on Al Akramieh late this afternoon, only financial damage was caused.
12) Al Jalloum: Violent artillery shelling using heavy mortar onto Al Jalloum this evening.
13) Al Jazmati: Warplane shelling of the student dorms in the neighbourhood.
14) Ba’ideen: Violent shelling onto the neighbourhood.
* Shelling onto Aleppo suburbs:
15) Deir Haffer: Assad warplanes targeted a civilian lorry on Al Sikar factory way in Maskaneh, leading to the serious injury of civilians, a martyr was also reported.
16) Al Atareb: Violent shelling onto the city.
17) Mare’ city: Warplanes shelled the city using exploding barrels filled with TNT this afternoon.
18) Qubtan Al Jabal: Helicopter shelling of the city using exploding barrels filled with TNT.
19) Al Bab city: Warplane shelling targeting the centre of the city, no reports of injuries until now, there is a state of panic amongst civlians.
20) Jibreen: A civilian car was targeted today in Jibreen village on Aleppo- Al Raqqah highway using helicopter machine guns at 7pm this evening.
1) Aleppo- Al A’thamieh: The corpses of three civilians were found in Al A’thamieh belonging to those of the Assad army. They were thrown near a rubbish bin near Al Sha’ar Pharmacy. They were field executed at different times from dawn time this morning.
2) Aleppo- Al Jalloum: Martyr ‘Mustafa Makhzoun’ 22 years old, resulting from the violent shelling onto the neighbourhood.
1) Aleppo- Al Jamilieh: Barrier present outside Al Sideeq mosque carried out arrrests of ten young males.
1) Al Firdaws: Angry demonstration that took off after Maghreb prayers in front of Al Taqwa bakery with the participation of females.
2) Al Ansari: Demonstration in the neighbourhood next to Dream city.
3) Bustan Al Qasr: Demonstration in the neighbourhood near Badr mosque.
• Delayed videos and news:
1) Aleppo- Bustan Al Qasr: Effects of artillery shelling onto the neighbourhood, 26/09/2012.