Monday, September 24, 2012
24/09/2012 up until 8pm
Report on the province of Aleppo and its surroundings 24/09/2012 up until 8pm
• Summary for 24/09/2012 up until 8pm:
Number of arrests: 15
Number of martyrs: 20
Number of protests: 0
Peaceful revolutionary activities: 0
Number of protests that had fire opened on them: 0
Number of cases of opening fire: 0
Number of shelled places: 16
Number of times that heavy army equipment was used: 0
Number of defections: 0
1. Al Ma’adee: child Muna Basmajee, killed from the shelling and the destruction of buildings.
2. Al Ma’adee: child Sana Basmajee, killed from the shelling and the destruction of buildings.
3. Al Ma’adee: child Hamza Basmajee, killed from the shelling and the destruction of buildings.
4. Al Ma’adee: unidentified female martyr who was killed from the warplane shelling.
5-7. Al Ma’adee: 3 unidentified martyrs who were killed from the shelling and the destruction of buildings.
8. Rural Aleppo - Al Atareb: Abdul Rahman Musa Abeid, 35 years, killed from the warplane shelling.
9. Rural Aleppo - Al Atareb: Rami Abeid, a member of the Free Syria Army, was killed during clashes in a battle with the 46th regiment.
10. Rural Aleppo - Al Ibzamo: child Omar Al Haj Sha’ban, 5 years, killed from the shelling.
11. Al Zabadiyeh: an unidentified female was killed by jet machine guns while she was going to check up on her house.
12. Ba’eideen: female Fatima Muhammad Al Jasem, 22 years, killed from a shrapnel in the head due to the fall of 2 shells, one of which fell on a house in Al Samman Haj Musa road.
13. Rural Aleppo - Ikhtareen: Ahmad Abdul Razzaq, killed during clashes in Bab Al Nasr in Aleppo.
14. Rural Aleppo - Mare’: Shadee Abdullah Taleb Al Najjar, died from wounds he had sustained from the shelling a few days ago.
15. Rural Aleppo - Mare’: Ahmad Ibrahim Ikhtarinee, killed while defending civilians in Aleppo:
16. Suleiman Al Halabi: unidentified martyr who was killed by snipers 3 days ago. His body was recovered today:
17. Tareeq Al Bab: child Khalid, 4 years, was killed from the shelling:
18. Rural Aleppo - Anadan: Muhammad Ahmad Saroukh, killed during a liberation battle in Aleppo.
19. Rural Aleppo - Batabo: Abdo Muhammad Hassan Deibo, 30 years, married with 3 children, was killed during a liberation battle of the 46th regiment.
20. Rural Aleppo - Tel Rif’at: Abdullah Mahmoud Al Zouree Aleito:
* Also documented:
-Qubtan Al Jabal: Muhammad Ramadan Halawanee, 25 years, killed from the shelling.
-Qubtan Al Jabal: Muhammad Deib Sha’ban Kanjo, 60 years, killed from the indiscriminate shelling.
1. Al Ma’adee: impact of the complete destruction of 2 buildings due to the shelling:
2. Rural Aleppo - Tel Rif’at: impact of the shelling:
3. Rural Aleppo - Hayyan: impact of the shelling:
4. Al Sikaree: impact of the barbaric shelling:
• Places that were bombed/shelled:
1. Al Zabadiyeh: artillery shelling at dawn.
2. Bab Al Nasr: warplanes shell the districts of Old Aleppo in the morning.
3. Al Sakhour: artillery shelling by Assad militia amid violent clashes.
4. Al Sheikh Khadar: artillery shelling in the late afternoon.
5. Al Hellok: artillery shelling in the late afternoon.
6. Al Sha’ar: artillery shelling focused on Sad Al Lawz street. A number of houses were destroyed from the shelling.
7. Al Ma’adee: a shell fell, which lead to the fall of a number of martyrs.
8. Al Kallaseh: artillery shelling in the evening.
9. Share’ Al Quwatlee: a shell fell, causing very heavy smoke to rise, with body parts on the ground.
10. Tajmeel Al Mashariqah: shelling and violent clashes in the evening.
* Shelling of Aleppo suburbs:
11. Hayyan: violent warplane shelling targeting houses using explosive TNT barrels:
12. Anadan: warplane shelling in the morning:
13. Al Thabiha: barbaric shelling for the second day in a row from warplanes, using explosive TNT barrels and rockets.
14. Al Atareb: shelling by Assad forces:
15. Al Bab: warplane shelling using explosive TNT barrels, rockets and heavy machine guns in the late afternoon.
16. Abteen: L39 warplanes pounded Abteen petrol/gas station for the third time using bombs and heavy machine guns, resulting in severe damage to the areas surrounding the petrol/gas station.
1. Al Furqan: a campaign of raids and arrests were launched. 15 young men were arrested in the afternoon.
• Delayed videos and news:
1. Al Sha’ar: impact of the TNT barrel shelling and the destruction of houses on top of their residents 23/09/2012:
-Al Sha’ar - Jabal Badr: an entire family was wounded due to the shelling:
-A casualty sends a message to Bashar:
2. Aleppo- Al Qatirjee: Horrific sights of injured people and corpses found in pieces, all resulting from warplane shelling onto the neighbourhood on 20/09/2012.
Effects of shelling on homes of civilians: