Monday, September 17, 2012
Report on the province of Aleppo and its surroundings 17/09/2012
• Summary for 17/09/2012:
Number of arrests: 0
Number of martyrs: 28
Number of protests: 2
Peaceful revolutionary activities: 0
Number of protests that had fire opened on them: 0
Number of cases of opening fire: 5
Number of shelled places: 21
Number of times that heavy army equipment was used: 4
Number of defections: 0
1. Al Ramouseh: a martyr from the Bani Khalid clan was killed by snipers.
2. Al Amariyeh: hero Ahmad Abu Ghassan:
3. Al Sakhour: Hassan Haj Hussein, killed from the shelling in the morning.
4. Al Sakhour: Ahmad Haj Hussein, killed from the shelling in the morning.
5. Al Sikaree: an elderly civilian was killed by snipers in Al Amariyeh.
6. Al Sikaree: hero Hassan Ahmad Abdul Fattah, killed during the battle in Al Amariyeh:
7. Al Mayassar: a female martyr from the Sharfo family was killed from the shelling. Her funeral procession and burial took place in Al Neirab today.
8. Aleppo: Muhammad Abdul Mun’em Kharbatlee, killed during an operation to raid the scientific research building in Aleppo.
9. Al Sheikh Maqsoud: Ali Muhammad Jum’ah, 19 years, his mother is Aisha, he was a civilian who was killed by snipers in Al Midan. He is presently in Dar Al Shifa’ hospital.
10. Al Sha’ar: Shawkat Farawatee, 18 years, killed from the shelling.
11. Al Sha’ar: Ali Khaseem, 30 years, killed from the shelling.
12. Al Sha’ar: unidentified child martyr, 17 years, killed from the shelling.
13-14. Al Sha’ar: 2 unidentified martyrs who were killed from the shelling.
15. Rural Aleppo - Al Safeirah: Ibrahim Aref Al Ali, died from wounds he had sustained from the shelling.
16. Rural Aleppo - Azaaz: Abu Khalid, head of the Abdal Al Sham battalion, Amr Bin Al Aas brigade, was martyred.
17. Rural Aleppo - Al Bab/New Aleppo: Muhammad Fateh Al Shahabee, killed by snipers in New Aleppo. He was from Al Bab.
18. Rural Aleppo - Al Bab/Saif Al Dowleh: Mustafa Omar Al Kazkaz was killed in Saif Al Dowleh in Aleppo. He was originally from Al Bab.
alma I’m just asking enas :) she might be able to help. sawane
19-20. Rural Aleppo - Al Bab: Ahmad Qasem Al Sheikh, 53 years, was martyred alongside his wife Najah Al Sayed Omar, after an explosive TNT barrel fell on their house from a jet plane. Their house was situated behind Al Khayrat mosque in Al Qablee district.
21. Rural Aleppo - Bayanoun: Mahmoud Muhammad Hilal, killed during an operation to liberate the artillery battalion. He was from Al Tawheed brigade and lived in Bayanoun.
22. Rural Aleppo - Ratyab/Al Midan: Habeeb Muhammad Marroush, a member of the Free Syria Army, was killed during clashes in Al Midan:
23. Rural Aleppo - Al Kafrah: Basel Hussein, killed during the battle at the artillery battalion.
24. Rural Aleppo - Kafar Hamra: child Ahmad Al Yaseen, 13 years, killed from the warplane shelling.
25. Rural Aleppo - Kafar Hamra: child Aminah Al Yaseen, killed from the warplane shelling.
26. Rural Aleppo - Hreitran: Hasasn Bashnaq, killed during a battle in Aleppo at night.
27. Rural Aleppo - Al Aweijeh/Al Midan: Jum’ah Mustafa Al Jum’ah, 27 years, killed by snipers in Al Midan.
28. Rural Aleppo - Manegh/Al Amariyeh: freedom-fighter Fadel Mahmoud Ameen Maho, killed during the battle at Al Amariyeh in Aleppo:
-Video of 2 martyrs Ahmad Meira and Kamel Abu Ghaloun in Al Kallaseh 16/09/2012:
-Video of martyr Mahmoud Al Faraj, killed in Al Arqoub yesterday:
-7 martyrs fell from the shelling on Al Firdous yesterday, near Al Asfaree chicken shop. Yesterday, 4 martyrs were documented.
-The fifth is unidentified martyr Ahmad Taha Al Qaseer, 40 years.
-Samee Ahmad Qazmouz, 11 years, was killed with his father also yesterday.
-Unidentified female martyr.
-3 martyrs were recorded from the massacre in Al Sheikh Fares on Saturday 15/09/2012:
-Female Maryam Qabalawee
-Female Hasana’ Qabalawee
-Female Israa’ Qabalawee
-Amal Nounou, 17 years, was killed from the shelling of a field hospital 13/09/2012.
-Abdul Najee, 26 years, was killed from the shelling. He was in a field hospital in Jisr Al Haj and was documented on 14/09/2012.
-Al Marjeh: massacre on 16/09/2012:
-Al Kallaseh: massacre and martyrs in the streets from the shelling 16/09/2012:
1- A leaked video from Assad’s forces showing Assad tanks shelling Agheer ‘Aqyool’ from AlJabrieh bridge in Aleppo, whilst Addounia TV films the events, tens of Assad units surround the area and damage shop windows where the shelling took place.
2- Salah Al Deen: Effects of complete destruction in the neighbourhood by the roundabout.
One of the torture mechanisms used by Assad’s forces:
Damage of a homes furniture by Assad forces concentrated in the area:
Destruction on Al Khudur mosque street:
Effects of destruction in the neighbourhood:
Effects of vast destruction on alleys and side streets in front of Salah AlDeen mosque:
Effects of destruction inside Salah Al Deen mosque which was seen after the liberation of the area:
3- Masaken Hanano: Effects of shelling onto homes:
4- Al Heidarieh: Damage to the homes in the neighbourhood after Assad gangs shelled.
5- Rural Aleppo- Qubtan Al Jabal: Effects of destruction created by warplane shelling:
Effects of warplane shelling onto the Northern mosque:
• Cases of gunfire:
1- Al Sikaree: Clashes in Al Sikaree near Tal al Zarazeer.
2- Rural Aleppo- Al Atareb: Intense gunfire from the 46th regiment with reports of defections from within the regiment.
3- Al Itha’a: Violent clashes took place between the FSA and units of the Assad army.
4- Al ‘Amrieh: Violent clashes took place in the area.
5- Bab Al Nasser: Clashes took place in the area, sounds of gunshots and firing were heard.
• Places that were bombed/ shelled:
1- Al Sakhour: Shelling began onto the neighbourhood during the afternoon, many shells fell onto civilian homes.
2- Bab Al Neirab: Seconds after a shell fell onto the neighbourhood.
3- Old Aleppo: Shells pounding onto the neighbourhoods in old Aleppo, there were no reported injuries until now, the minaret of Al Kaltawiyyeh mosque was targeted, which resulted in the complete fall of its upper half.
4- Masakin Hanano: Heavy artillery shelling along with the fall of a number of shells since the past hour without stopping at a rate of one shell every 15 minutes.
5- Bustan Al Qasr: Heavy artillery shelling onto the neighbourhood as well as the fall of a number of shells over a short period of time.
6- Al Midan: Artillery shelling onto Al Midan and Bustan Al Basha.
7- Bustan Al Basha: Artillery shelling onto Al Midan and Bustan Al Basha.
* Shelling onto rural Aleppo-
8- Rural Aleppo- Qubtan Al Jabal: After heavy overnight shelling, warplanes bombed the town using barrels filled with (TNT) resulting in considerable amounts of damage which occurred in buildings, as well as the fall of some wounded civilians.
- The second warplane shelling began onto the town:
- Warplane shelling onto the town resulting in the destruction of the big mosque and the damage of many shops.
9- Rural Aleppo- Baza’ah: A civilian car was targeted by warplanes on the highway connecting Aleppo and Manbej.
10- Rural Aleppo- Daret ‘Izzeh: Warplane shelling onto Daret ‘Izzeh targeting and destroying homes and shops completely.
The second a shell fell onto Daret ‘Izzeh:
11- Rural Aleppo- Al Atareb: Before dawn time today, the city was shelled using artillery onto the centre of the city from the 46th regiment, despite the return of the majority of the residents to the area.
Smoke columns after the night time shelling:
- This morning: Renewed shelling from the 46th regiment.
- At night: Renewed artillery shelling onto the city.
12- Rural Aleppo- Tel Rifat: The area was shelled from Mengh military airport during the middle of the night.
13- Rural Aleppo- Kafar Hamra: Violent shelling by military warplanes and heavy guns onto the city, knowing that the city is considered the largest refuge area for civilians from Aleppo city.
14- Rural Aleppo- Kafar ‘Ammah: Shelling using heavy artillery onto the town.
15- Rural Aleppo- ‘Injarah: This morning, ‘Injarah, AlHouteh, Bashtaqateen and Hoor were exposed to violent indiscriminate shelling.
16- Rural Aleppo- Al Houteh: This morning, ‘Injarah, AlHouteh, Bashtaqateen and Hoor were exposed to violent indiscriminate shelling.
17- Rural Aleppo- Bashtaqateen: This morning, ‘Injarah, AlHouteh, Bashqateen and Hoor were exposed to violent indiscriminate shelling.
18. Rural Aleppo - Hawwar: morning - indiscriminate warplane shelling on Injareh, Al Houtah, Bashqateen and Hawwar in a fierce attack.
19. Rural Aleppo - Mare’: warplane shelling.
20. Rural Aleppo - Kafar Hamrah: warplanes target the town with shells, causing destruction, fire and the fall of 2 child martyrs.
21- Rural Aleppo- Deir Jamal: The town was exposed to warplane shelling in conjunction with the shelling of Tal Rif’at also using warplanes and artillery.
-Masakin Hanano: jet planes pounding the district with TNT barrels:
-Al Sha’ar: first moments a shell fell and recovering bodies and body parts of the victims 16/09/2012:
-Rural Aleppo - Al Bab: moment a bomb fell on a house. Footage is from the same district 16/09/2012:
• Number of times heavy army equipment was seen ‘tanks/ armoured vehicles’:
1- Rural Aleppo- Ihtimeelat: Flight of warplanes above the city sky as well as shelling the neighbouring areas.
2- Rural Aleppo- Mare’: Flight of warplanes above Mare’ city.
3- Rural Aleppo- Menbej: Flight of a helicopter above the city sky, tracer bullets appear in the city’s skyline from an unknown source.
4- Aleppo citadel: Concentration of snipers on the wall of the citadel.
• Demonstrations in Aleppo suburbs:
All the demonstrations that came out chanted for freedom, to topple the regime and to show solidarity and support of the occupied, besieged and uprising cities, especially the districts being shelled, as well as to persevere with the revolution until victory is gained, and to rebuild a better Syria for all. Freedom-callers also called for unity and saluted the Free Syria Army, as well as supporting the Prophet.
1. Batabo: funeral procession for martyr Mahmoud Muhammad Hilal Hilal, who was killed during an operation to liberate the artillery battalion. He was from the Al Tawheed brigade:
2. Rural Aleppo - Al Atareb-
1. Rural Aleppo - Manbej: a tour in the liberated city:
2. Rural Aleppo - Hayan: the Ali Bin Taleb battalion recovered some stolen cars from the liberated area, with the intention of returning them to their owners: