Tuesday, September 18, 2012
Report on the province of Aleppo and its surroundings 18/09/2012
• Summary for 18/09/2012:
Number of arrests: 0
Number of martyrs: 31
Number of protests: 1
Peaceful revolutionary activities: 0
Number of protests that had fire opened on them: 0
Number of cases of opening fire: 3
Number of shelled places: 26
Number of times that heavy army equipment was used: 2
Number of defections: 0
1- Aleppo- Al Sikaree Young martyred male Ahmad Mohammad Madarati, as a result of shelling onto Al Sikari neighbourhood.
2- Aleppo- Al Sakhour: Al Ard AlHamra: Martyr Abd AlRazzaq Jumah AlKhudur, 33 years old, has four children, resulting from the fall of a shell.
3- Aleppo- Al Sakhour: Al Ard AlHamra: Martyr Ahmad Jumah AlKhudur, 30 years old, has four children, resulting from the fall of a shell.
4- Aleppo- Masakin Hanano: Martyr Mohammad Fares Mahmoud Khalifeh, suffering from sniper bullet wounds inflicted upon him during a battle in Al Midan, died in a Turkish hospital.
5- Aleppo- Al Firdous: Martyr known as Abu Fares, killed today suffering from wounds inflicted upon him due to the fall of a shell near Farooj Asfari two days ago.
6- Aleppo- Al Firdous: Martyr Mahmoud Ahmad Obeid, killed resulting from the fall of a shell near Farooj Asfari two days ago.
7- Aleppo- Al Maghayer: Female martyr Faten Barma, in her 30’s, resulting from the fall of a mortar shell near Isharat Al Firdous.
8- Aleppo- Al Maghayer: Child martyr Amira Barma, 12 years old, resulting from the fall of a mortar shell near Isharat Al Firdous.
9- Aleppo- Al Maghayer: Female martyr Amira Reddah, 75 years old, resulting from the fall of a mortar shell near Isharat Al Firdous.
10- Aleppo- Halab Al Jadeedah [New Aleppo]: A female martyr fell as a result of a shell that fell on Al Rashdeen neighbourhood in Halab Al Jadeedeh.
11- Aleppo- Halab Al Jadeedah [New Aleppo]: Martyr Omar Sodah, 16 years old, suffering from the wounds of a bullet to the neck from about a month ago, during Al Sa’d Bin Al Rabe’ mosque demonstration, in Halab Al Jadeedeh during Ramadan.
12- Aleppo- Saif Al Dowleh: Martyr Ziyad Mohammad Hamami, he was field executed by Assad gangs in Khirtbet Ghazaleh, Daraa at the southern barrier to the city, DOB: 16/03/1968, his telephone number is 0215556852, worked as a truck driver.
13- Aleppo- Al Itha’ah: Martyr Mohammad Khudur Abu Al’Ala, an FSA unit, killed by a regime-loyal sniper Al Itha’ah.
14- Aleppo- Al Midan: Martyr Wartan Sahaqiyyan, sniped, his corpse is in Al Shifa’ hospital, this telephone number was found with him: 4659441
15- Rural Aleppo- Anadan: Martyr Mohammad Abd Al Rahman Makkieh, has children, sniped in Halab Al Jadeedeh [New Aleppo] during clashes that took place there.
16- Rural Aleppo- Al Safirah: Child martyr Hussein Rashed Al Ali Al Ibrahim AlKhaleel, 7 years old, suffering from wounds inflicted upon him during shelling on the city last sunday.
17- Western Rural Aleppo- Ma’aret Al Atareb: Martyr Taha Deeb Isma’il, 44 years old, has 9 children, as a result of shelling on Hanano in Aleppo city.
18- Rural Aleppo- Al Ghandoura village: Martyr Ammar Khamees Bin ‘Eissa, killed during clashes in Al Midan.
19- Rural Aleppo- Hreitan: Martyr Mohammad Hussein Krisho, resulting from shelling on his home, his funeral procession took place in and was buried in Mayyer.
20- Rural Aleppo- Azaaz: Martyr Bassel Hussein ‘Asouk, in Al Zahra’ during the battle on controlling the artillery battalion.
21- Rural Aleppo- Deir Hafer: Martyr Ahmad Al Sheikh, suffering from wounds inflicted upon him during shelling onto the city this afternoon.
22. Rural Alepo - Manbej: Abdul Baset Al Shamee Abu Shareef, killed from the warplane shelling.
23. Rural Aleppo - Manbej: female Amal Sharba’awee, wife of Abdul Baset Al Shamee, killed from the warplane shelling.
24. Rural Aleppo - Manbej: child Khaleel Abdul Baset Al Shamee, killed from the warplane shelling.
25- Rural Aleppo- Manbej: child Muhammad Abdul Baset Al Shami, killed as a result of warplane shelling of the city.
26. Rural Aleppo - Manbej: unidentified martyr who was killed from the warplane shelling.
27. Rural Aleppo - Manbej: Mustafa Sabree, killed by snipers in Aleppo. He was from Al Adiyaat battalion.
28. Rural Aleppo - Manbej: Mustafa Haj Ali Ibn Ahmad, killed during clashes around Al Umawee mosque.
29. Rural Aleppo- Martyr ‘Eissa Saleh Al Obeid, killed during clashes in Al Amrieh in Aleppo.
30. Rural Aleppo- Ahmad ‘Assaf, killed during clashes in Al Amrieh in Aleppo.
31. Banyas- Al Beida village: Martyr Ahmad Bayyasi, sniper from the FSA in Al Fatteh brigade, killed during clashes in Al Amrieh in Aleppo.
-Al Sakhour:Ibrahim Mustafa Al Deibo, with 2 children, was killed from the rocket shelling:
-Al Maghayer: Fuad Ibn Tawfeeq Abed, in his 50s, was killed when a shell fell on his house 15/09/2012.
-Bustan Al Zahrah: unidentified martyr in his 50s who was killed by snipers stationed in a new hotel building on the road with Al Haya hospital. He was martyred on Monday morning 17/09/2012. It is thought that he was from the Ka’keh family.
-Correction || information for a female martyr of the Sharfo family who was documented yesterday-
-Al A’thamiyeh: Marwa Abdul Qader Shargo, with 4 children, was killed by snipers. Her funeral procession and burial took place in Dakakeen.
-Abdul Rahman Zakariya Houree, head of Abu Abeidah Bin Al Jarrah battalion, was killed in Salah Al Deen:
-Body of the filmmaker and media activist Tamer Al Awam before his funeral procession. He was killed in Al Itha’ah in Aleppo 09/09/2012:
-Rural Aleppo - Azaaz: Doctor Naser Abu Kahlid, killed yesterday:
1. Salah Al Deen: impact of the shelling and destruction of Salah Al Deen mosque:
-Impact of the destruction in shops and buildings:
2. Masakin Hanano: impact of the shelling of a building opposite Al Abbas mosque:
-Cars burning from the shelling:
3. Al Sheikh Khadar: impact of the shelling in the morning:
4. Al Sikaree: impact of the shelling:
5. Al Heidariyeh: impact of the shelling:
6. Tareeq Al Bab: impact of the shelling:
7. Al Khaldiyeh: water was completely cut-off to the district for the second day in a row. Civilians are suffering in the difficult humanitarian situation.
8. Water was cut-off to most of Aleppo. It returned at night to some districts.
9. Rural Aleppo - Qubtan Al Jabal: rockets that fell from warplanes but did not explode:
-Impact of the destruction caused by warplanes:
10. Rural Aleppo - Al Safeireh: impact of the heavy machine gun shelling:
11. Rural Aleppo - Al Bab: houses completely destroyed from the warplane shelling:
• Cases of gunfire:
1. Aleppo: a large clip of sounds of violent clashes in the districts of the western area at dawn:
2. Jam’iyet Al Zahra’: violent clashes before dawn between Assad militias and the Free Syria Army.
3. Al Maridian: sounds of machine guns were heard from the rooftop of Al Maridian hotel and snipers positioned at the top of the hotel, targeting anything that moved in the road.
• Places that were bombed/shelled:
*Eastern districts: before dawn - violent artillery shelling from Al Ramouseh artillery on the eastern districts of Aleppo, in conjunction with a cut-off of electricity.
*Aleppo: shelling remains continuous from Assad militias stationed on the way to Khan Touman.
*Aleppo: warplane shelling on a district of Aleppo:
1. Masakin Hanano: before dawn - warplane shelling.
-Helicopter shelling, in conjunction with sporadic artillery shelling.
-Night: violent artillery shelling, where around 15 shells fell in less than 15 minutes.
2. Al Sheikh Khadar: the district was shelled in the morning.
-Warplane shelling of Majdal Shams school:
3. Al Sakhour: afternoon - helicopter shelling on roads and houses.
4. Al Sha’ar: Dar Al Shifa’ hospital was targeted by warplanes, using TNT barrels, that caused 3 casualties and material damage:
5. Al Marjeh: a number of artillery shells fell on civilian houses. No casualties have been reported thus far.
6. Old Aleppo: Assad militia shelling to a district of historic Old Aleppo, causing smoke to rise:
-Helicopters shell the districts of Old Aleppo using heavy machine guns. Shelling was focused around the citadel:
-Midnight: renewed shelling by Assad militias using mortar shells, towards the Old city, in the past half an hour, at a rate of a shell every minute.
7. Al Furqan: helicopters strike the surrounding districts using heavy machine guns.
8. Karam Al Jabal: Al Safa road was shelled, which is adjacent to Hanano barracks.
-Evening: helicopter shelling using heavy machine guns.
9. Al Arqoub: Assas battalion tanks shelled the districts and around Hanano barracks. Smoke rose heavily from the district.
10. The youth housing district: a shell fell on a house, targeting a woman and a child.
11. Al Zabadiyeh: helicopter shelling using machine guns:
12. Al Kallaseh: artillery shelling.
13. Al Ard Al Hamra: shelling, causing the fall of 2 martyrs.
14. Al Firdous: shelling targeted a number of roads, causing the fall of 3 martyrs from one family.
*Shelling of Aleppo suburbs:
15. Qubtan Al Jabal: the town was intensely attacked by warplanes from the early morning and up until the afternoon, which lead to the fall of casualties and the destruction of some buildings, in addition to damage to the cemetery.
-Moment of the explosion due to the warplane shelling:
-Warplanes shelling for the second time today:
-Warplanes targeting the cemetery:
-Repetitive warplane shelling:
-Night: artillery shelling and warplanes flying overhead.
16. Deir Hafer: warplane shelling at the western entrance.
17. Al Safeirah: warplane shelling at dawn:
-Night: renewed artillery shelling.
18. Mare’: warplane shelling:
-Smoke rising from the shelling:
19. Injareh: shelling from Al Sheikh Suleiman battalion.
20. Tel Rif’at: warplane shelling of the city and the surrounding villages, including Kafar Naseh.
21. Hayyan: indiscriminate warplane shelling using machine guns and rockets at low altitudes, targeting houses.
22. Manbej: the party division building was shelled, and a shell fell on a surrounding house, which caused the martyrdom of 4 people from 1 family.
23. Anadan: warplanes dropped explosive TNT barrels on Anadan and Kafar Hamra, and sounds of explosions shook the northern area.
24. Kafar Hamra: warplanes dropped explosive TNT barrels on Anadan and Kafar Hamra, and sounds of explosions shook the northern area.
25. Al Bab: shelling using heavy machine guns and explosive TNT barrels from warplanes onto the city.
26. Al Ziyarrah: fall of rocket shells onto the village, which is part of ‘Ifreen.
* Arrived late: Al Kallaseh: fire in a factory as a result of the shelling, 17/09/2012:
• Number of times heavy army equipment were seen ‘tanks/ armoured vehicles’
1- Rural Aleppo- Qubtan AlJbabal: Warplanes above the city sky, shelling and bombing.
2- Al Neirab Military airport: Arrival of new reinforcements to Sooq Al Baqar barrier near Al Neirab Military airport, located on the international highway, represented by four tanks and a large number of military units, after which the barrier was attacked by the FSA.
1- Al Sikaree: Funeral procession of the martyr Ahmad Madarati
• Delayed videos and news:
1- Al Ashrafieh: Large evening demonstration took off from outside Salah Al Deen Al Ayoubi mosque, chanted for the unification of Arab and Kurdish brothers, as well as condemning the crimes of the regime, on monday.