Report on the province of Aleppo and its surroundings 10/10/2012 up until 8pm [SYRIA]
• Summary for 10/10/2012 up until 8pm:
Number of arrests: 0
Number of martyrs: 12
Number of demonstrations: 0
Peaceful revolutionary activities: 0
Number of protests that had fire opened on them: 0
Number of cases of opening fire: 0
Number of shelled places: 21
Number of times that heavy army equipment was used: 0
Number of defections: 1
1) Wounded and injured:
• Al Sakhour: An injured person resulting from artillery shelling.
2) Al Zibdieh: Effects of shelling of the neighbourhood.
3) Al Sakhour: Effects of the destruction of residential buildings resulting from shelling by Assad forces on Al Sakhour roundabout.
4) Bab Al Hadeed: Effects of warplane shelling.
5) Aleppo suburbs) Effects of warplane shelling.
• Places that were bombed/ shelled:
1) Al Miyassar: Assad gangs shell the neighbourhood using heavy artillery, more than ten shells fell before sunrise this morning.
2) Bustan Al Qasr: Heavy shelling using helicopters and heavy machine guns onto the neighbourhood.
3) Al Sikaree: Helicopter shelling of the neighbourhood.
4) Halab Al Qadeemeh (Old Aleppo): A number of artillery shells fell onto the historical Sooq in the city.
5) Bab Al Hadeed: Artillery shelling of Bab Al Hadeed, five mortar shells onto the neighbourhood.
6) Al Zibdieh: Shelling of the neighbourhood this morning.
7) Bab Jnein: Assad gangs shelled the neighbourhood using military warplanes.
8) Salah Al Deen: Artillery shelling of Al Khudur mosque in Salah Al Deen by Assad gangs amidst violent clashes in the area.
9) Jib Al Qubbeh: Concentration of shelling of the neighbourhood.
10) Al Itha’a: Violent artillery shelling of the neighbourhood.
11) Al Sakhour: Shells fell in Sooq Al Khudra (vegetable market) in conjunction with the flight of warplanes.
12) Masaken Hanano: Warplane shelling of the neighbourhood.
13) Al Hajj bridge: A shell fell onto Al Shahroor marble factory.
14) Al Marjeh: Violent artillery shelling affecting civilian homes in Al Marjeh.
15) Karm Al Tarrab: Assad army shells the neighbourhood using artillery.
16) Al Naqareen: Warplane shelling using heavy machine guns of the graveyard for martyrs in Al Naqareen.
17) Al Firdaws: Artillery shelling targets the neighbourhood.
18) Al Sayyed Ali: Two mortar shells fell onto Al Sayyed Ali resulting in the destruction of residential buildings and in those surrounding the area.
19) Bab Al Neirab: A shell fell onto a home in the area resulting in the injury of a family consisting of five people, all sustained severe injuries.
* Shelling of Aleppo suburbs:
20) Al Atareb: Warplanes drop exploding barrels onto the city.
21) Maskaneh: Warplanes shell the area targeting Maskaneh’s main Sooq and the secondary Agricultural Institution.
1) Bustan Al Qasr: Unidentified martyr, around 50 years old, sniped near Hutheifa mosque in Bustan Al Zahra.
2) Karm Al Jabal: Martyr Mahmoud Mohammad Madratlee, resulting from shelling of the neighbourhood.
3) Al Salheen: Martyr Nasser AlFakhouri, an FSA unit, killed during clashes in Aleppo.
4) Jisr Al Hajj: Unidentified martyr, resulting from the fall of a shell onto Jisr Al Hajj area outside Shahroor factories.
5) Jisr Al Hajj: Martyr ‘Amer Jawad, resulting from the fall of a shell onto Jisr Al Hajj area outside Shahroor factories.
6) Al Sakhour: Confirmation of the fall of three martyrs resulting from shelling of the neighbourhood.
7) Al Safeerah: Martyr Yahya Qana’a.
8) Anadan: Martyr Mustafa Hafeth Darwish, resulting from warplane shelling of Bab Jnein.
9) Anadan: Martyr Ahmad Hafeth Darwish, resulting from warplane shelling of Bab Jnein.
10) Anadan: Martyr Ismail Hafeth Darwish, resulting from warplane shelling of Bab Jnein.
* Also documented:
Aleppo- Bustan Al Qasr: Martyr Ghazzi Al Ali AlAbd Allah, 41 years old, has six children, sniped outside Hutheifa mosque in Bustan Al Zahra on 03/10/2012, originally from Rasm AlHammam Miri village.
1) Defection of General Brigader Airpilot Yaseen Mohammad AlMusleh, from Taftanaz military aiport, he is now under the protection of ‘Asifet Al Shamal brigade.