Report on the province of Aleppo and its surroundings 27/10/2012 up until 8pm [SYRIA]
• Summary for 27/10/2012 up until 8pm:
Number of arrests: 0
Number of martyrs: 7 martyrs, in addition to 16 who were documented in a massacre in Al Ashrafiyeh from Friday.
Number of demonstrations: 3
Peaceful revolutionary activities: 0
Number of demonstrations that had fire opened onto: 0
Number of cases of opening fire: 1
Number of shelled places: 17
Number of times that heavy army equipment was used: 1
Number of defections: 0
1) Injured and wounded:
• Al Sakhour: a paramedic who was shot in the leg:
• Cases of gunfire:
1) Aleppo: clashes in Al Ashrafiyeh and Masakin Al Sabeel.
• Places that were bombed/shelled:
1) Renewed shelling of the districts of Aleppo from the rooftop of the municipal palace.
2) Karam Al Jazmatee: 16 civilians were injured as a result of the heavy artillery shelling at dawn.
3) Al Sakhour: heavy artillery and tank shelling, which injured a number of civilians and destroyed some residential buildings.
4) Bustan Al Basha: violent artillery shelling.
5) Masakin Hanano: heavy artillery shelling. A number of shells fell, which lead to an outbreak of fire and caused columns of smoke to rise in the sky:
6) Al Sha’ar: destruction caused by Assad militia’s artillery:
7) Karam Al Jabal: violent artillery shelling of Karam Al Jabal and Qarloq, causing heavy smoke to rise in both districts.
8) Al Leiramoun: violent artillery shelling.
9) Jab Al Qabbeh: impact of the destruction as a result of the shelling by Assad’s militia:
10-11) Warplanes shelled Ba’eideen and Ein Al Tal using heavy machine guns. Civilians are in a state of panic.
12) Bab Al Hadeed: there was an outbreak of fire in a residential building, due to a shell that fell on it:
-Impact of the shelling:
13) Qadee Askar: impact of the destruction, thought to be caused by surface-to-surface missiles, which destroyed 4 houses without injuring anyone:
14) Bab Al Nasr: impact of the indiscriminate shelling on the second day of the alleged ceasefire:
-A house burned by the indiscriminate shelling:
* Shelling of Aleppo suburbs:
15) Eastern Aleppo suburbs - Deir Hafer: warplanes shelled around the demolition near Deir Hafer, targeting a civilian van and critically injuring the river.
16) Al Zarbeh: artillery shelling of civilian houses, and civilians of the town, which is a part of Jabal Sam’aan, are in a state of panic.
17) Western Aleppo suburbs: renewed tank shelling from the ammunition depot. which is stationed on the road to Khan Touman.
1) Salah Al deen: Khalid Sam’an was sniped.
2) Al Leiramoun: Ahmad Shareef was killed as a result of the shelling.
3) Bustan Al Basah: child Ahmad Attar, 14 years and an only child, was sniped.
4) Al Ashrafiyeh: an unidentified young man was killed by gunfire from the Free Syrian Army. His body was found near Al Thura bakery:
5) Al Ashrafiyeh: an unidentified woman was found near Al Thura bakery:
6) Aleppo suburbs - Bayanoun: Muhammad Bin Mahmoud Hassan Bakree Suleiman was killed during clashes in Suleiman Al Halabi in Aleppo.
7) Aleppo suburbs - Al Bab - Al Ta’aneh village: child Khalid Al Hamad, 2 years, died from wounds he had sustained as a result of the shelling of Al Sakhour in Aleppo.
* 16 were martyred in Al Ashrafiyeh in Aleppo during clashes with PKK soldiers yesterday:
-4 Kurdish martyrs from the Free Syrian Army.
-Al Ashrafiyeh: Abdul Hameed Abdo, from Anab village:
-Aleppo suburbs - Afreen: Husam Subhi Bilal:
-Aleppo suburbs - Hreitan: Waleed Sameer Masri
-Aleppo suburbs - Hreitan: Ahmad Masree
-Aleppo suburbs - Hreitan: Sa’eed Arab
-Aleppo suburbs - Hreitan: Muhammad Zaki
-Aleppo suburbs - Hreitan: Mahmoud Zaki
-Aleppo suburbs - Hreitan: an unidentified martyr.
-Aleppo suburbs - Hreitan: Ali Omar Majree:
-Aleppo suburbs - Ratyan: Mustafa Maroush
-Idlib: Jamal Haddad:
-Idlib: Rabee’ Jamal Haddad:
-An unidentified martyr:
-A martyr known as ‘Abu Dawoud’:
-A martyr known as ‘Luqman’:
-An unidentified martyr:
-An unidentified martyr:
• Number of times that heavy army equipment was seen:
1) Al Sakhour: warplanes flying at low altitudes.
2) Kuwayris military airport: many jets moved towards Aleppo and its suburbs.
3) Aleppo: tanks shelling Al Midan district:
• Demonstrations in Aleppo city:
1) Bustan Al Qasr: demonstration amid Eid celebrations:
• Demonstrations in Aleppo suburbs:
1) Tel Rif’at: funeral prayers for martyr Yahya Abdul Rahman Yakan:
2) Manbej: demonstration in the second day of Eid-ul-Adha:
1) A leaked video showing how TNT barrels were thrown by Assad’s militia onto a town in Syria:
2) Tareeq Al Bab: the suffering of civilians due to the water being cut-off to the district:
3) Media office for the Kurdish Brotherhood Coordination Committee: all Kurdish civilian detainees were released by the Free Syrian Army at the checkpoint in Hreitan and Hayyan. There is now a negotiation being held between the PKK and the Free Syrian Army to resolve the problem, which was detrimental to both parties and served the Assad regime. The Kurdish Brotherhood Coordination Committee call for a calm, to stop the exaggeration of the media and for people to restrain themselves until the problem is solved, as well as emphasising the unity of the common struggle, in order to bring down the sectarian regime and build a new Syria.
4) Al Bab: mobile lines have been cut-off since midnight yesterday.
5) Al Kallaseh: animals sacrificed on the second day of Eid:
6) Aleppo suburbs - Baza’ah: the relief office distributed meat to the poor:
7) Aleppo: swings for Eid, alongside revolutionary banners:
• Delayed videos and news:
1) Al Maghayer: demonstration from Al Maghayer Al Tahtanee mosque and Abu Huraira mosque. Freedom-callers gathered in Jib Al Souq square on the first day of Eid, after Friday prayers 26/10/2012-
2) Al Ashrafiyeh: impact of the destruction part 1:
-A woman who was killed in the district:
-The district on the first day of Eid:
3) Aleppo suburbs - Al Bab: honouring the children of martyrs on the first day of Eid 26/10/2012-
-Banners displayed in a celebration to honour the sons of martyrs in Al Bab on the first day of Eid 26/10/2012:
4) Aleppo media centre monitors Salah Al Deen roundabout 25/10/2012:
5) The biggest market in eastern Aleppo has become a ghost town:
6) A market in Al Sha’ar:
7) Al Sakhour: a child sends a message during a demonstration 26/10/2012:
8) Al Ashrafiyeh: a massacre was discovered, which claimed the lives of 16 martyrs, with the involvement of PKK members 26/10/2012:
* Report of the massacre in Al Ashrafiyeh: