Wednesday, October 3, 2012
03/10/2012 up until 8pm
Report on the province of Aleppo and its surroundings 03/10/2012 up until 8pm [SYRIA]
• Summary for 03/10/2012 up until 8pm:
Number of arrests: 0
Number of martyrs: 8
Number of demonstrations: 0
Peaceful revolutionary activities: 0
Number of protests that had fire opened on them: 0
Number of cases of opening fire: 2
Number of shelled places: 13
Number of times that heavy army equipment was used: 0
Number of defections: 0
1) Wounded and injured:
• Al Sakhour: A civilian was sniped.
2) Bab Al Nasser: The size of the devastation and destruction in the old sooq.
3) Al ‘Arqoob: Effects of destruction in the minaret of a mosque.
4) Sa’d Allah Al Jabri square: Effects of devastation and destruction in the neighbourhood resulting from the shelling.
5) Al Sikaree: Effects of barbaric shelling onto the neighbourhood.
6) Al Ansari: Effects of shelling onto the neighbourhood.
• Cases of gunfire:
1) Sa’d Allah square: chaos and indiscriminate gunfire from Assad militias in Sa’d Allah square and its surroundings.
2) The municipal palace: very violent clashes around the municipal palace.
• Places that were bombed/shelled:
1) Al Hellok: artillery shelling at dawn.
2) Masakin Hanano: violent artillery shelling alongside a power outage to the district since the past 24 hours.
3) Tareeq Al Bab: artillery shelling of the district. A number of shells fell, one near Fajr-ul-Islam mosque.
4) Al Zabadiyeh: violent indiscriminate shelling of the district.
5) Karam Al Jabal: violent shelling:
6) Al Sakhour: a shell, known as “explosive barrels”, was dropped from a warplane onto Al Sakhour, followed by artillery shelling.
7) Jisr Al Neirab: tank shelling of the area surrounding Jisr Al Neirab from Al Baqar souq [beef market], alongside Douksha machine indiscriminate gunfire.
8) Al Uwayja: the regime army shelled the district, as a result causing most of the residents to flee.
* Shelling of Aleppo suburbs:
9) Hreitan: violent shelling from artillery and warplanes:
10) Ma’aret Al Arteeq: air raids from warplanes. No losses were reported.
11) Anadan: violent artillery shelling. No casualties were reported.
12) Qubtan Al Jabal: violent warplane shelling of the town.
13) Deir Hafer: warplane shelling of the town.
1) Al Firdaws: Martyrdom of Mohammad Bawadekji, sniped near Jamal mosque in Al Kallaseh.
2) Bustan Al Zahra: Child martyr, 7 years old, sniped near the Municipal Palace in Bustan Al Zahra.
3) Bustan al Qasr: Young male severely tortured, he was found thrown in Quwaiq river near Bustan Al Qasr, he was buried in Al Bashar mosque park.
4) Al Marjeh: Martyr Isma’eel Qarqatli, from Al ‘Asanseh clan, was killed during an operation in Al Haal souq [market], when a mortar shell fell on the market.
5) Al Marjeh: son of Isma’eel Qarqatli, from the Al ‘Asanseh clan, was killed during an operation in Al Haal souq [market], when a mortar shell fell on the market.
6) Eastern Al Ansaree: young female Hiba Wattar was killed from a shell fragment in her head.
7) Aleppo suburbs - Al Atareb: Mustafa Khalid Al Jawaynee was sniped in Halbat city.
8) Aleppo suburbs - Kafar Naya: Mahmoud Hamdo Abdullah Idrees was critically injured when a tank shell on his car in Aleppo city.
• Delayed videos and news:
1) Aleppo suburbs - Manbej: an evening demonstration in solidarity with the stricken cities: