Tuesday, October 9, 2012
09/10/2012 up until 8pm
Report on the province of Aleppo and its surroundings 09/10/2012 up until 8pm [SYRIA]
• Summary for 09/10/2012 up until 8pm:
Number of arrests: 0
Number of martyrs: 24
Number of demonstrations: 0
Peaceful revolutionary activities: 0
Number of protests that had fire opened on them: 0
Number of cases of opening fire: 0
Number of shelled places: 16
Number of times that heavy army equipment was used: 4
Number of defections: 0
1) Injured and wounded:
• Al Sakhour: a child injured due to the shelling:
-A young man who was injured in his stomach by a shrapnel, which caused part of his intestines to protrude:
• Masakin Hanano: casualties in the district after a shell fell near them:
2) Al Heidariyeh: a building was completely destroyed by the shelling:
3) Al Sha’ar: Sad Al Lawz mosque was targeted by the artillery shelling:
4) Aleppo suburbs - Deir Hafer: Deir Hafer, the biggest school in the city, was targeted and greatly damaged:
-The remains of a foul-smelling, unknown substance, which was caused by the shelling of the school
• Places that were bombed/shelled:
1) Bab Al Hadeed: shelling of Al Hadadeen mosque in the district. It should be noted that the mosque is historic, dating back to the Mamlooki period.
2) Al Sha’ar: artillery shelling.
3) Aqyool: warplane shelling:
4) Al Sikaree: helicopter shelling of the district, in conjunction with mortar shelling from the direction of Al Ramouseh.
5) Aleppo international airport: violent mortar and tank shelling of the surrounding area from inside the airport, in conjunction with helicopter flying overhead.
6) Al Heidariyeh: artillery shelling and the fall of 2 shells near Muhammad Al Nasr school.
7) Al Itha’ah: indiscriminate artillery shelling by Assad militia stationed in the air branch in Adonis area.
8) Karam Al Jabal: violent shelling from Assad forces using heavy weapons, in conjunction with clashes between the Free Syrian Army and Assad soldiers near Hanano barracks.
9) Al Saba’ Bahrat: shells were fired from tanks towards houses near the district.
10) Bustan Al Basha: warplane shelling:
* Shelling of Aleppo suburbs:
11) Deir Hafer: warplanes shelled and targeted Deir Hafer boy’s school in the morning.
12) Hayyan: continuous warplane shelling of houses using TNT barrels and heavy machine guns.
13) Anadan: warplanes flew overhead and targeted a bus on the way to Anadan.
14) Mare’: warplanes continuously shelled the city using machine guns:
15) Maskaneh: machine gun shelling of Al Zira’ah school and the surrounding area in the afternoon.
16) Tel Rif’at: violent rocket shelling from warplanes:
• Number of times that heavy army equipment was seen ‘tanks and armoured vehicles’:
1) Aleppo suburbs - Al Bab: warplanes flew overhead the city.
2) Aleppo suburbs - Al Safira: warplanes and helicopters flew overhead:
3) Al Sikaree: helicopters flew overhead:
4) Al Qaterjee: Assad forces’ helicopters flew overhead the region. In addition, a number of artillery shells fell on the district.
1-10) Al Furqan: 10 martyrs were summarily executed with gunfire in the marsh land neighbouring Express road in Al Furqan.
11) Bab Al Hadeed: an unidentified martyr was turned into pieces as a result of the shelling:
12) Tareeq Al Bab: Ali Muhammad Ibn Rajab Al Khalid was killed as a result of the artillery shelling.
13) Tareeq Al Bab: Saleh Hamdan was killed during clashes in Aleppo:
14) Al Zbdiyah: Doctor Muhammad Bakkar Abu Ali was killed during clashes in Aleppo. He was in Saudi Arabia, and came to Aleppo a while ago.
15) Aleppo: Mahmoud Al Bayram Bin Ali was killed as a result of the artillery shelling.
16) Aleppo: Talal Ghareeb Bin Muhammad was killed as a result of the artillery shelling.
17) Aleppo suburbs - Ratyan: Hikmat Mahmoud Maroush died from wounds he had sustained when his civilian car was targeted at the entrance of Ikhtarein yesterday.
18) Aleppo suburbs - Hayyan: Abdullah Muhammad Baro, 25 years with 3 children, was killed by a mortar shell during clashes in Aleppo.
19) Aleppo suburbs - Hreitan: Muhammad Bin Abdul Majeed Shamta, 38 years, was sniped in Aleppo city.
20) Aleppo suburbs - Hreitan: Ammar Bin Yaser Na’na’a, 14 years, was killed by a shell which fell on his house in Aleppo.
21) Al Zabadani: Munthir Adnan Hidal (Jano), a defected military, was killed during clashes in Aleppo in Al Arqoub district:
22-23) Aqyool: 2 unidentified martyrs were killed as a result of the warplane shelling using rockets.
24) Saif Al Dowleh: Zakariya Oufee, 36 years, died from wounds he had sustained by snipers.
* Also documented:
• Names of the 7 martyrs who fell in Al Heidariyeh:
1-2) Female Khadija Hanan and her daughter.
3) Mustafa Hanan
4) Ali Hanan
5) Ahmad Suleiman Hanan
6) Child Adeen Jawish
7) Child Muna Jawish
• Martyr Ahmad Aloush, with 4 children, was previously documented as Basem (Abu Al Bara’), and was killed during clashes in Al Midan in Aleppo 04/10/2012:
• Delayed news and videos:
1) Al Sha’ar: footage of a fragment from the shelling, and footage of the impact of the destruction 28/09/2012: