Friday, October 5, 2012
05/10/2012 up until 8pm
Report on the province of Aleppo and its surroundings 05/10/2012 up until 8pm
Friday of ‘We want weapons not statements’ 05/10/2012
• Summary for 05/10/2012 up until 8pm:
Number of arrests: 0
Number of martyrs: 11, one of whom is from Damascus
Number of demonstrations: 27
Peaceful revolutionary activities: 1
Number of protests that had fire opened on them: 0
Number of cases of opening fire: 1
Number of shelled places: 13
Number of times that heavy army equipment was used: 3
Number of defections: 0
1) Injured and wounded:
• Aleppo: a young man was injured by snipers while looking to buy bread:
• Al Sakhour: a casualty from Hreitan in the district who was injured from an explosion that was caused by a tank shell:
• Al Qaterjee: a number of shells fell in front of Al Dar pharmacy, where there are a number of people who are critically injured.
• Al Kallaseh: yesterday - a casualty calling for help from his brother. He is under the rubble as a result of the collapse of a building due to the shelling:
• Aleppo: yesterday - a child injured from the shelling:
• Aleppo: yesterda - a child injured in a field hospital:
2) Old Aleppo: destruction as a result of the severe shelling:
3) Al Jandoul: impact of the destruction due to the shelling of Al Jandoul roundabout:
4) Aleppo suburbs - Al Safira: artillery shelling:
5) Aleppo suburbs - Mare’: impact of the destruction as a result of the shelling and a TNT explosive barrel that did not explode:
-A crater created by an explosive TNT barrel:
6) Aleppo suburbs - Injareh: civilians suffering while they search for bread:
-Impact of shelling from rocket launchers:
• Cases of gunfire:
1) Al Neirab: Violent clashes in Al Neirab Airport, Aleppo, between Assad gangs and the FSA, military planes were used to support the Assad gangs.
• Places that were bombed/ shelled:
1) Old Aleppo- Warplanes targeted Old Aleppo.
2) Al Sakhour: Warplane shelling of the neighbourhood during Jum’ah prayers.
- The moment a shell fell onto a residential building.
- Evening: Renewed continuously, violent shelling onto the neighbourhood.
3) Al Qaterji: A number of shells fell outside Al Dar Pharmacy, resulting in a nu,ber of serious injuries.
4) Aqyool: Shelling of the neighbourhood targets abandoned buildings, as well as ancient arabic homes, no injuries were reported.
5) Al Sheikh Khudur: The fall of an artillery shell resulted in the fall of a number of martyrs and injured civilians.
6) Bustan al Qasr: Violent artillery shelling targets the neighbourhood, along with the fall of shells outside Badr mosque.
7) Karm Al Jabal: Renewed shelling of Karm Al Jabal.
8) Qadee ‘Askar: A mortar shell fell onto Hamze Bak street, two martyrs were reported.
* Shelling of Aleppo suburbs:
1) Hayyan: Warplane shelling targets the city using barrels and heavy machine guns.
2) Kafar Hamra: Warplane shelling of Kafar Hamra, Hreitan and Anadan, barrels filled with TNT were released onto residential buildings, this afternoon.
3) Hreitan: Warplane shelling of Kafar Hamra, Hreitan and Anadan, barrels filled with TNT were released onto residential buildings, this afternoon.
4) Anadan: Warplane shelling of Kafar Hamra, Hreitan and Anadan, barrels filled with TNT were released onto residential buildings, this afternoon.
5) Tal Rif’at: Artillery shelling targets the town from Mengh military airport.
• Number of times heavy army equipment was seen ‘tanks and armoured vehicles’:
1) Old Aleppo: warplanes targeted the old city:
2) Qadee Askar: warplanes overhead the district, in conjunction with a demonstraiton that emerged:
3) Maysaloun: 5 tanks stationed on the main road in Maysaloun and roamed from the political security to Jisr Al Jabriyeh [bridge].
1) Saif Al Dowleh: Ahmad Zaitoun, a defected military, was killed by a shell fragment.
2) Qadee Askar: a mortar shell fell in Hamza Bek area, causing the martyrdom of Muhammad Ghanoum, 25 years, who died from a cardiac arrest due to fear and panic.
3) Al Zahraa’: Mahmoud Qahid Al Deen Ward, 34 years, was found killed in a car. He is the father of a 3-year-old child.
4) Aleppo suburbs - Hreitan/Al Sakhour: Munthir Abras Bin Ali, 32 years, was killed during clashes in Al Sakhour:
5) Aleppo suburbs - Khan Al Asal: Salah Bin Muhammad Al Bani, 29 years, was killed during clashes.
6) Aleppo suburbs - Al Atareb: Ahmad Jibra’eel, 27 years, was killed during clashes with shabeeha [regime thugs] in Kafar Naya.
7) Northern Aleppo suburbs - Masqan village/Damascus - Al Ghouta: Isma’eel Bin Fadel Al Mustafa, 19 years, a military since 10 months ago in Al Ghouta in Damascus, who fought in a number of battles in Daraya and Al Kasqa, was killed in an ambush by Assad battalions in Damascus suburbs.
8) Aleppo suburbs - Hayyan: Muhammad Ibrahim Al Majree, from the Ali Bin Abi Talib battalion, was killed from the warplane shelling of the town, while he was confronting a warplane with machine guns. He was married with 3 children,
9-11) Aleppo suburbs - Daret ‘Izeh: the following freedom fighters were martyred during a battle with regiment 46:
-Muhammad Al Babin Ibn Ahmad
-Muhammad Al Dibleez Ibn Abdullah
-Abdul Naser Al Qadee, from Damascus province.
*Correction of names of martyrs from the Hisham family, who were killed as a result of the shelling of Al Jdaideh in Old Aleppo yesterday:
1) Female Asmaa’ Bint Hassan Hisham
2) Abdul Qader Bin Hassan
3) Female Aya Bint Abdul Qader Hisham
4) Yousef Abdul Qader Hisham
5) Ahmad Abdul Aqdar Hisham
• Demonstrations in Aleppo city:
1) Qadee Askar: demonstration which was targeted by heavy machine guns. No losses were reported:
-Freedom-callers in the square chanting “Jannah Jannah” and other revolutionary chants:
-A demonstrator speaking to the camera during the demonstration:
-A play during the demonstration:
2) Al Sikaree: demonstration that filled the mosque square:http://youtu.be/kPHNQbDHq2s
3) Al Zbdiyah: demonstration from Al Batool mosque:http://youtu.be/bkWnH2tKsDg
4) Masakin Hanano: 2 demonstrations from Omar Bin Al Khattab mosque and Arwet Al Baraqee mosque after Friday prayers:
5) Bustan Al Qasr: demonstration with important banners:http://youtu.be/8gX1lLrbAD4
-With the participation of women:
-Funeral procession for martyrs who were killed as a result of the shelling:
-Chants for martyr Muhammad Huthaifa Atrash, who was known as the Qashoush of Bustan Al Qasr:
6) Tareeq Al Bab: demonstration from Arwet Bin Al Zabeer mosque, whereby freedom-callers came out to express and celebrate their freedom, which was 15 metres in length:
7) Al Marjeh: large demonstration after Friday prayers which joined with another demonstration from Al Firdous:
Reported demonstrations with no footage: Al Qaterjee, Al Ashrafiyeh, Al Maghayer, Al Firdous, Al Heidariyeh.
1) Kobani: Demonstration on Friday of ‘We want weapons not statements’ to protect the children of Kobani.
2) Owrm Al Kubra: Demonstration on Friday of ‘We want weapons not statements’, for the second consecutive week that large demonstrations take off in the city after its liberation from shabeeha (thugs).
3) Batbo: Demonstration took off from Mousa Bin Naseer mosque on Friday of ‘We want weapons not statements’ to protect the people.
4) Menbej: Large demonstration in Menbej after Friday prayers, the demonstration was broadcasted live.
5) Al Jeeneh: Demonstration of Friday of ‘We want weapons not statements’
6) Akhtareen: Demonstration after Friday prayers in Akhtareen chanting for freedom and to topple the regime.
7) Al Bab: Large demonstration in defiance of Assad warplanes on Friday of ‘We want weapons not statements’
8) Dabeq: large demonstration:
9) Baza’ah: large demonstration:http://youtu.be/rMcXLQ_o4wk
-Some of the banners today:
10) Mare’: large demonstration:
Reported demonstrations with no video footage: Tadef, Kafar Karameen, Bashqateen,
*Al Aslahiya camp in Turkey: demonstration with beautiful chants and banners:
• Peaceful revolutionary activities:
1) Qadee ‘Askar: Theatrical play during a demonstration on Friday of ‘We want weapons not statements’
1) Aleppo suburbs: Al Atareb: Funeral procession of the martyr Ahmad Jibra’eel.
• Delayed videos and news:
1) Al Sakhour: On thursday, the neighbourhood was shelling using warplanes, 04/10/2012.