1. Rural Aleppo- Al Atareb- martyrdom of ‘Sari Omar Sheikh Killli’ as a result of indiscriminate shelling of the city.
1. University campus- security forces entered the campus, then they entered dorms section 15, which is a female dorm, and prevented a demonstration from taking place, having been alerted of this activity by security on campus.
2. Al Shaar- Assad security cut off the routes that lead to the Shaar station from all directions.
3. Al Sakhour- security men and thugs carried out the theft, looting and breaking into a commercial shops specialised for the sale of food in bulk quantities, as well as carrying out a campaign of arrests in the neighbourhood.
Demonstrations that had fire opened onto:
1. Aleppo city- Salah Al Din- security opened fire onto the neighbourhood in order to disperse crowds of demonstrators that took off in a mass demonstration from Belal mosque.
2. Kasr grove- security heavily opened gunfire and dropped teargas bombs onto demonstrators in order to disperse them after they took off in an evening demonstration from Badr mosque.A civilian was wounded when he was shot in the foot.
3. Rural Aleppo- Al Atareb- shelling and gunfire opened onto the town which led to the martyrdom of ‘Sari Omar Sheikh Killli’.
Places that were bombed/ shelled:
1. Rural Aleppo- Azaaz- indiscriminate shelling as well as gun firing from heavy machine guns from the western entrance of the city, a campaign of escalation took place, an invasion of the area occurred using a number of military vehicles, the injury of a woman and her child along with several others was reported as a result of the shelling. The city of Azaaz continued to suffer as heavy bombardment persisted, randomly after it was reported that Lebanese people living in rural Aleppo were kidnapped, clashes occurred in the area.
Cases of gunfire
1. Rural Aleppo- Al Salamah village, Azaaz- Heavy fire from Assad troops stationed in the border control centre in the direction of the village.
2. Rural Aleppo- Bayanoun- sporadic shooting from the checkpoint that is set up between Bayanoun and Hayyan.
3. Turkish- Syrian borders- Killis camp- fire opened on the borders which raised alerts in the camp.
4. Al Zbeidih- the sound of heavy gunfire was heard at night in the neighbourhood from Kasr grove and in a continuous manner.
5. Rural Aleppo- Jarablos- heavy gunfire in the town from Assad gangs west of the city, the reason behind this atack remains unknown.
Number of times that heavy army equipment was seen ‘tanks and armoured vehicles’
1. Rural Aleppo- Al Atareb- military security reinforcements arrived protected by helicopters.
2. Rural Aleppo- Azaaz- invasion of the town of Azaaz, north of Aleppo using a number of tanks, vehicles and other heavy military machinery.
3. Rural Aleppo- flight of aircrafts from Minegh military airport in the direction of Azaaz.
4. Rural Aleppo- Al Neirab- airplanes fly from Al Neirab airport towards the north.
1. Hanano housing- around sunrise this morning, more than 30 units of security raided the home of university student ‘Maher Walid Issa’ who was taken to an unknown destination, the Syrian regime is held responsible for his safety. He was previously arrested by the regime three weeks ago, originally from Maari town, he is a fifth year student in the college of Civil engineering at Aleppo university.
2. Al Sakhour- random arrests carried out by regime security and thugs in the neighbourhood, women were also affected.
3. Al Neirab- security forces arrested at least two young males following the demonstration that took off in the neighbourhood, then checkpoints were set up in some of the streets.
Demonstrations in the city of Aleppo:
Freedom callers that participated in the demonstrations that the province of Aleppo saw today all came out calling for freedom, to topple the regime and to show solidarity and support of the occupied, besieged and uprising cities, especially Aleppo suburbs, as well as to persevere with the revolution until victory is gained, and to rebuild a better Syria for all.
1. Institute of Business Administration- huge demonstration took off from inside the institute.
2. Institute of Medicine-
3. Al Aathamieh/ Salah Al Din-
4. Salah Al Din- excellent demonstration which took off from Belal mosque
5. Hanano housing- demonstration took off from Arwa Al Baakri mosque
6. Al Marjeh-
Reported demonstrations with no video footage- Kasr grove, Al Ashrafieh, Al Baab, Al Shaar, Al Neirab, Al Leiramoun, Al Firdous.
Demonstrations in rural Aleppo:
Similarly to the city of Aleppo, all the demonstrations that came out chanted to topple the regime, for freedom, to execute bashar and to show solidarity with the students of Aleppo university on campus against the atrocities committed by the regime, as well as to persevere with the revolution until victory is gained, to show support and solidarity with uprising and besieged cities and with the martyrs of this revolution.
1. Ratyaan- morning demonstration
2. Hardatnein- morning demonstration
3. Bayanoun- children demonstration
4. Kafar Naya- evening demonstration
5. Al Jineh- evening demonstration
Reported demonstrations with no video footage- Menbej, Al Baab, Arshaaf.
Peaceful revolutionary activities:
1. University campus- independence flag was raised by girls in dorms section 15
2. Justice Palace- lawyers took part in a sit-in demanding the release of a girl who was kidnapped yesterday in Suleiman Al Halabi neighbourhood. It was reported that the girl was released today, thanks to the efforts of the freedom lawyers.
Defections from the army
1. Rural Aleppo- Azaaz- defection of recruiter ‘Jihad Radwan Mohammad’ who was a witness in the invasions on Al Zabadani and Azaaz, and execution processes for the soldiers who tried to defect.
1. Rural Aleppo- Al Atareb- UN observers visited Al Atareb early this morning, their stay was extremely short and took place during the early hours of the morning when most citizens were asleep, they entered the city over a distance which did not exceed 400
2. IMPORTANT- An interview with two freedom callers from Aleppo telling the story of their imprisonment and how security dealt with them and how the arrest took place and the situation inside the detention.
1. Al Shahba roundabout 21-05-2012- freedom callers defaced the picture of Al Assad that is present on the interface of Aleppo university hospital, using red paint symbolising his full responsibility of the blood shed that is taking place in Syria, the cardiac university hospital.