1. Rural Aleppo- Al Atareb- martyrdom of the hero ‘Qusai Mari’ son of Hajj Mohammad Abdo, aged 24 years old, the Assad army stormed the family’s agricultural land, executed him on the ground and burned the land.
(Qusai was a former detainee, he was released about a month ago) his body was kidnapped by the Assad gangs who murdered him.
2. Rural Aleppo- Al Atareb- martyr ‘Abdo Razzaq Obeid’ while he was defending his land.
3. Rural Aleppo- Azaaz/ Al Salameh village- martyrdom of ‘Mohammad Khamis Al Abd’ as a result of a sniper shot by Assad gangs on the borders.
1. University Square: Security attacked the demonstrators and the rebels to try to disperse them, they used tear gas bombs and closed the roads leading to the square-
2. University Square: Two young men were arrested by security, freedom callers attempt to free him, in response to this some of the security elements harm and beat the two detainees in the midst of the freedom callers trying to get them back-
3. Rural Aleppo- Al Jeenih- effects of the bombing committed by Assad brigades on to the village-
4. Rural Aleppo- Babkeh- injury of a young boy around 7 years old resulting from a shrapnel, he is in a lot of pain, dated yesterday 29/05/2012.
5. Rural Aleppo- Al Atareb- The effects of devastation and destruction in a Car Wash in the city-
6. Rural Aleppo- Al Atareb- Assad gangs re-enter the city of Al Atareb, the Free Syrian Army had taken control of it, but after learning that they tactically withdrew from the city, mass military forces belonging to the Assad regime stormed the city-
7. Al Firdous- the spread of heavy security at Taqwa oven, a fierce campaign of raids took place in the neighborhood during the evening which led to the arrest of a number of freedom callers.
8. Salah Al Din- 13 security vehicles made up if a variety of a bus, a truck, pick-up vehicles and cars present at Salah Al Din roundabout, during the evening in anticipation of any demonstrations.
9. Rural Aleppo- Menbej- arrival of substantial security reinforcements this afternoon from the air force intelligence department, fully- equipped with medium-sized to heavy weapons, the fear being that this is a preparation for a mass campaign of raids and arrests, affecting activists after the uprising witnessed by the city.
Demonstrations that had fire opened onto:
1. Aleppo city- Al Athamieh- security open fire to disperse the evening demonstration that took off in the neighbourhood.
Places that were bombed/ shelled:
1. Rural Aleppo- Deir Jamal- Two BMP vehicles were moved from the barrier opposite the town of Deir Jamal, headed towards the north accompanied by a helicopter which was firing heavily using heavy machine guns and rockets, smoke was seen from the direction of Al-Faisal mill.
It was later reported that the target was the gas station and the mosque of Al-Faisal mill, there were no reported injuries.
2. Rural Aleppo- Al Atareb- The city is being burned under barbaric bombing committed by the mercenaries of the Assad army, using all kinds of heavy weapons even crops were burned, the freedom callers broadcasted live the bombing on the city. Renewed heavy shelling in the evening on Al Atareb not seen before from tanks located within the city, found in the regiment 46 Orm Minor, rocket launchers and guns were found, the sounds of strong explosions shook the city at night-
Videos documenting the bombing and burning of houses-
3. Rural Aleppo- Hayyan- aircrafts were used to bomb the village Hayyan, targeting homes, and the movement of exodus from the town to escape the gunfire of Assad brigades-
Images of missiles that fell onto the town of Hayyan-
4. Rural Aleppo- Anadan- helicopters bomb the city of Anadan leaving a number of civiliabs wounded, a number of 5 cases are reached so far-
Missiles and rockets on the city-
5. Rural Aleppo- Bayanoun- bombing of the town using machine guns.
6. Rural Aleppo- Kafar Halab- After the Free Syrian Army took control of the barrier located at the Al Qanater junction and the withdrawal of elements of the Assad army from it, the Assad gangs bombed the village using five tank shells from the 46 special forces regiment.
7. Rural Aleppo- Mengh- heavy shooting in the last hour of the town from heavy and light machine guns to intimidate the remaining families.
Cases of gunfire
1. Rural Aleppo- Mengh- firing live bullets by airport military forces onto the funeral of the deceased, "Ahmad Khalil Hijazi", the occurrence of several injuries among the mourners.
2. Rural Aleppo- Azaaz- Heavy shooting from heavy machine guns by Assad gangs and the sounds of powerful explosions were heard across the city.
Number of times that heavy army equipment was seen ‘tanks and armoured vehicles’
1. Rural Aleppo- Al Atareb- Renewed storming of Al Atareb by Assad forces using 5 tanks, dozens of soldiers and more than 30 SUV vehicles mounted with heavy machine guns, three Turksat and a number of armoured vehicles. Helicopters flying over the city skyline.
The military build-up storms the city from 3 points: the agricultural way at the Hajj Mohamed project in the direction of Ghibal Dibeen. Al Abzimo and Al Atareb through Maqsaf way or Brad Bedouin, from the direction of its Maarah. But it has not yet been confirmed which way they entered.
2. Rural Aleppo- Bzaa: storming the city by 7 cars loaded with elements of Assad gangs, each pick-up vehicle was provider with a machine gun, which concentrated down at the station, and weapons were pointed at civilians which led to the sparking of panic among them.
3. Rural Aleppo- Anadan- Flight of helicopters over the city, bombing led to a number of injuries.
4. Rural Aleppo- Hayyan- flight of helicopters over the city, which bombed as well-
5. Rural Aleppo- Bayanoun- flight of helicopters which bombed the city-
1. University square- campaign of arrests which affected many freedom callers after the large morning demonstration. Freedom callers attempt to free a bus full of detainees that’s in the courtyard of the university.
2. Al Firdous- arrest of many freedom callers during an evening campaign of raids that the neighbourhood witnessed.
Demonstrations in the city of Aleppo:
Freedom callers that participated in the demonstrations that the province of Aleppo saw today all came out calling for freedom, to topple the regime and to show solidarity and support of the occupied, besieged and uprising cities, especially Aleppo suburbs, as well as to persevere with the revolution until victory is gained, and to rebuild a better Syria for all.
1. Saif Al Dowleh- student demo from Abd Al Wahid Hindawi secondary school alongside students from Adham Mustafa.
2. Salah Al Din- student demo from students of many schools took off from outside Al Khudur mosque.
3. Al Shahiba- student demo from Harir school.
4. Justice Palace- large sit-in
1. Institute of Business Administration-
2. University square-
On the university square-
Chanting for Al Houla-
Large demonstration moving towards Adonis way-
Teargas bombs released onto demonstrators in the university square, followed by many arrests and all the access routes to the square were cut-off. Attack of security onto demonstrators to disperse them-
The freedom callers challenge security-
Reported daytime demonstrations with no video footage- Al Zahraa, Al Hamdanieh, Al Firdous, Sheikh Khudur, Faculty of Mechanical engineering, College of Architecture.
1. Al Hamdanieh- Al kasani mosque
2. Al Miyassar- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeUhEgq7P54&feature=em-uploademail
3. Saif Al Dowleh- http://youtu.be/x43UE5X3IlU
4. Rabi Al Arabi-
5. Al Ithaa / Salah Al Din-
Continued until it reached Salah Al Din-
In the direction of Saif Al Dowleh-
6. Al Marjeh- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02YhuYKGyxg&feature=youtu.be
7. Al Athamieh- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDJjpe6D9k8&feature=youtu.be
8. Al Sikaree-
Reported evening demonstrations with no video footage- Al Ashrafieh, Bostan Al Kasr.
Demonstrations in rural Aleppo:
Similarly to the city of Aleppo, all the demonstrations that came out chanted to topple the regime, for freedom, to execute bashar and to show solidarity with the students of Aleppo university on campus against the atrocities committed by the regime, as well as to persevere with the revolution until victory is gained, to show support and solidarity with uprising and besieged cities and with the martyrs of this revolution.
1. Al Safira- student demo from students in Al Safira secondary school and students from Khaled bin Al Walid school, which reached the freedom square.
2. Al Safira- large demonstration to greet the UN observers upon their arrival.
3. Azaaz- funeral procession/ demonstration of ‘Taysir Al Dali Omar’
Prayer for the souls of the lost martyrs-
4. Menbej- student demonstration
5. Menbej- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l4CrLZ4yPg&feature=youtu.be
Reported daytime demonstrations with no video footage- Al safira.
1. Kafar Nouran- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gqkv1WfkK5M&feature=em-uploademail
2. Maari- http://youtu.be/YpUwu2xaCK4
3. Bzaa- http://youtu.be/p2tX91sR1QA
4. Tal Rifaat-
In support of Al Houla-
Reported evening demonstrations with no video footage- Al Safira.
Peaceful revolutionary activities:
1. Saif Al Dowleh- Revolution flag hung inside the school playground
1. Rural Aleppo- Al Atareb- A defector telling his story, with the sound of gunfire in the background
1. Rural Aleppo- Al Atareb- members of the Free Syrian Army help a wounded Assad security element-
2. University square- from the banners that were raised-
3. Rural Aleppo- Al Atareb- injury of Lieutenant Murshid Khalid in the Al Atareb battle, while he is injured he vows to Bashar al-Assad and all those who kill in his name, that he will return to battle against them after treatment-
4. Martyrdom of the child ‘Mahmoud Jaber’ son of Mustapha, 13 years old, he was shot by a sniper during the funeral of the child Amir Barakat in Bostan Al Kasr last Friday- 25/05/2012.
He was taken to Al Hayat hospital, where he died immediately, his family received his corpse through Al Kallaseh station, he was buried on Sunday.
His picture was spread over the past week that he is anonymous, this information was published after making sure it is correct.
1. Rural Aleppo- Al Safira- the arrival of observers to the city and are welcomed by a mass demonstration, which is the exact opposite of what the regime had planned to happen. But they quickly got out of the village without meeting any of the freedom callers or having done anything important.