1. Rural Aleppo- Al atareb- evidence of damage and destruction created by the Assad army
Gas crisis in Atareb as a result of the city being under siege
The spread of chaos and garbage without the presence of the concerned authorities to remove them from the streets
2. Aleppo city- New Aleppo- security forces surround Al Noor mosque from four axes using several vehicles belonging to security and Assad thugs
3. Rural Aleppo- Al Baab- security forces carry out an attack on the demonstrators participating in an evening demonstration, bullets and teargas were fired onto the demonstrators who were then chased, commercial areas in the city were stormed and damaged. Assad thugs and security also stormed and damaged the house of Ali Naus for the second time and opened gunfire outside his house, a child was arrested from his street, whose identity remains unknown, as well as arrests of many freedom callers, in addition to the attack on the clinic of "Ahmed al-Haj Mohammed" which was broken and damaged and the nurse was beaten and arrested.
Number of times that heavy army equipment was seen ‘tanks and armoured vehicles’
1. Aleppo city- New Aleppo- a large checkpoint consisting of ten machinery equipment, cars and pick-up vehicles and PKC’s at New Town roundabout.
Demonstrations that had fire opened onto:
1. Rural Aleppo- Al Baab- Security forces fired opened live rounds of bullets and tear gas bombs in its attack on the freedom callers participating in an evening demonstration, as well as damaging commercial areas and a campaign of arrest which followed resulting in the arrest of many freedom callers.
2. Aleppo city- Al Miyassar- gunfire opened onto an evening demonstration in order to disperse it.
Places that were bombed/ shelled:
1. Rural Aleppo- Deir Jamal- renewed shelling of the town since early hours of sunrise.
2. Rural Aleppo- Al Atareb- heavy machine guns were used to fire heavily in all directions randomly onto homes, bombs were dropped onto the town, which led to many injuries amongst civilians.
The heavy spread of buses and cars, security and the army on the outskirts of the city in preparation for a military campaign against the city.
Injury of child ‘Rama Al Sheikh’ aged 5 years old.
Sounds of violent shelling and heavy gunfire from machine guns onto the town
3. Rural Aleppo- Bayanoun- Assad forces use machine guns at night to fire heavily onto the town.
4. Rural Aleppo- Al Atareb- renewal of consistent firing from heavy machine guns over night by Assad forces to intimidate the remaining people in the city.
1. Aleppo city- Al Hamdanieh- 6 freedom callers were arrested from the evening demonstration in Al Hamdanieh which took off at 9.30pm. Security was hidden in the neighbourhood, three minutes after the demonstration began, security appeared and attacked demonstrators dispersing the demonstration, which led to the arrest of 6 freedom callers.
2. Rural Aleppo- Al Baab- arrest and beating of the nurse "Ahmed al-Haj Mohammed" and destruction of his clinic and house. Among this campaign of arrests, security attacked demonstrators in between gunfire and teargas, commercial areas were stormed and damaged, and a child was arrested from the home of ‘Ali Naus’.
The names of detainees:
Osama Mohammad Najjar
Ahmad Mohammad Najjar
Youssef Mohammad Najjar
Hazem Hassan Najjar
Plus others whose names have not reached us yet.
3. Aleppo city- Hanano Housing- security carry out a campaign of arrests, ‘AbdelBaset AlSheikh’ aged 25 years old was arrested.
4. Aleppo city- Al Baab- violent campaign of arrests in which 7 people were arrested.
5. Rural Aleppo- Maari- ‘Ahmad Abd Al Fateh Hafez’ 43 years old was arrested from his place of work, the children’s hospital in Aleppo at the hands of state security.
Peaceful revolutionary activities:
1. Aleppo university campus- freedom callers stood in silence to commemorate the martyrs and in condemnation of the brutality of the university presidency. Banners were raised expressing the students position on wanting freedom, balloons were released.
Photos from the vigil:
Demonstrations in the city of Aleppo:
Freedom callers that participated in the demonstrations that the province of Aleppo saw today all came out calling for freedom, to topple the regime and to show solidarity and support of the occupied, besieged and uprising cities, especially Aleppo suburbs, as well as to persevere with the revolution until victory is gained, and to rebuild a better Syria for all.
1. Al Zahraa- evening demonstration with the participation of women near AlBironi school
2. Al Mashad-
3. Al Shaar- demonstration took off from ‘Falafel Al Hana’
4. Kasr grove- evening demonstration
Qashoush revolutionary chanting in an Alepponian accent
5. Al Baab way-
6. Sheikh Fares- evening demonstration
Reported demonstrations with no video footage- Al Hamdanieh, Al Ashrafieh, Salah Al Din, Baideen neighbourhood, Al Miyassar.
Demonstrations in rural Aleppo:
Similarly to the city of Aleppo, all the demonstrations that came out chanted to topple the regime, for freedom, to execute bashar and to show solidarity with the students of Aleppo university on campus against the atrocities committed by the regime, as well as to persevere with the revolution until victory is gained, to show support and solidarity with uprising and besieged cities and with the martyrs of this revolution.
1. Al Baab- funeral of martyr ‘Wael Kurdy’
Murdered in Deir Izzor after they discovered his intentions of defecting, large funeral demonstration took place.
2. Kafar Karmeen- evening demonstration
3. Tal Rifaat- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7YDvcJWZ44&feature=uploademail
Reported demonstrations with no video footage- Al Baab.
Defections from the army:
1. Rural Aleppo- Ifreen- defection of engineer captain ‘Biwar Bin Abdel Rahman Mustafa’ from the faculty of armor and joined the council in Homs.
Miscellaneous: ‘Today’s leader’
1. Rural Aleppo- Hayyan- arrival of observers to the town.
Welcomed by the people of the town with a large demonstration chanting for freedom:
A members of the Commission photographs the effects of the devastation caused by the Assad army on homes and mosques
Interview of the observers with some of the activists
An elderly woman complains about the destruction of her village
2. Rural Aleppo- Bayanoun- arrival of observers welcomed with a large demonstration chanting for freedom and other revolutionary chants.
Parents and activists provide the documents and papers that have been issued by the government to criminalise some young peoples arbitrarily.
People from the neighbourhood showed the effects of weapons and bullets and missiles launched by the regime forces toward the town
Observers meet with activists and parents who gave them information and data relating to detainees and missing persons
Parents and activists show the observers where the Assad army is present
Observers visit the checkpoint between Bayanoun and Hayyan after their visit to both cities ended.