Tuesday, December 18, 2012
Report on the province of Aleppo and its surroundings 18/12/2012 [SYRIA]
• Summary for 18/12/2012:
Number of arrests: -
Number of martyrs: 10
Number of demonstrations: 1
Peaceful revolutionary activities: 3
Number of demonstrations that had fire opened onto: -
Number of cases of opening fire: 1
Number of shelled places: 7
Number of times that heavy army equipment was used: 1
Number of defections: -
1) Injured and wounded:
*Sheikh Fares: a child was wounded by Assad’s snipers:
2) Midan: great destruction in the neighbourhood due to the shelling:
3) Bustan Al Basha: destruction of Sa’d Bin Mu’ath Al Ansaree’s mosque minaret and the impact of the shelling of it:
-Impact of the shelling inside the mosque:
-Impact of the violent shelling:
4) Sakhour: a clip from Sakhour roundabout showing it devoid of civilians and the impact of the destruction:
5) Sha’ar: destruction in a residential building around Sha’ar bridge:
-Impact of the shelling:
• Cases of gunfire:
1) Aleppo: sounds of large explosions were heard from inside artillery stationed west of Zahraa’ in the morning.
• Places that were shelled:
1) Rashideen: artillery shelling in the afternoon.
2) Karam Al Turab: artillery shelling in the evening.
* Shelling of rural Aleppo:
3) Ma’aret Al Arteeq: artillery, mortar and rocket launcher shelling of the town in the evening.
4) Hayyan: artillery and rocket shelling in the evening.
5) Hreitan: artillery and rocket shelling in the evening.
6) Anadan: artillery and rocket launcher shelling in the evening.
7) Bayanoun: artillery shelling in the evening.
• Number of times that heavy army equipment was seen (tanks, armoured vehicles, jets):
1) Aleppo - the eastern districts: warplanes flew overhead the eastern neighbourhoods in the evening.
1) Hawouth roundabout: an unidentified martyr in his 20s was sniped between Hawouth roundabout and the airport bridge in Karoum Bari. His body is now in post-mortem.
2) Bustan Al Qasr: Ibrahim Sanda was killed during clashes in Amariyeh.
3) Heidariyeh: Jawan Abdo died from wounds he had sustained from the artillery shelling.
4) Sheikh Khafar: a child was sniped in the late afternoon in the area.
5) Saliheen: an unidentified child martyr of around 16 years was found on the road between Saliheen and Sheikh Sa’eed. On his body were signs of torture and he is now in post-mortem.
6-9) Midan: the disintegrated bodies of 4 unidentified martyrs were sniped in the region:
10) Rural Aleppo - Daret ‘Izeh: Ahmad Shannaq was killed in a grenade explosion.
* Also documented:
-Hellok: Ahmad Abdul Salam Al Mousa, 41 years with 5 daughters and 2 wons, was killed by the shelling of the neighbourhood 16/12/2012.
-Masakin Hanano: Mahmoud Ibn Muhammad Al Eisa was killed by the shelling of the neighbourhood 14/12/2012.
-Masakin Hanano: Eisa Ibn Muhammad Al Eisa was killed by the shelling of the neighbourhood 14/12/2012.
*Note: news of the martyrdom of activist Yaser Sha’ban, from Daret ‘Izeh, have been found to be false. He is presently injured and we pray for his speedy recovery.
1) Heidariyeh: a demonstration emerged from the 4 junctions “Arba’ Mafareq” demanding the fall of the regime and saluting the Free Syrian Army (FSA).
• Peaceful Revolutionary Activities:
1) Aleppo: statement for the formation of the Educational Commission for Aleppo and its countryside:
2) Tareeq Al Bab: the district council distributing baby milk to civilians:
3) Rural Aleppo - Manbej: the Local Council for Manbej and its countryside was formed after the successful elections in the city and its countryside. It is the first election since its liberation and the Local Council emerged after elections from the General Commission from all the political, civil, religious, service, revolutionary and independent agencies and gatherings through free elections, representing all factions of society within Manbej city and its countriside, and has joined the Council:
1) Aleppo: the bread crisis in the city has caused severe congestion at Al Razi bakery:
2) Tareeq Al Bab: a volunteer doctor talks of the widespread diseases in the neighbourhood:
3) Hamdaniyeh: electricity has almost completely been cut off to the district for the 5th day in a row.
4) Aleppo: water has been cut off to Al A’thamiyeh and Al Akramiyeh districts for 3 days. Civilians have been forced to get contaminated water from the Olympic swimming pool in the neighbourhood.
5) Rural Aleppo - Ratyan: electricity has been cut-off to the village for the 5th day in a row.
6) An interview with the family of martyred Colonel Abu Furat, one of the leaders of the battle of the revolutionary trenches:
• Delayed news and videos:
1) Awameed: a building was burnt by explosive gunfire from Assad’s militia 17/12/2012:
-Impact of the artillery shelling by Assad’s militia 17/12/2012:
2) Aleppo: a man cuts trees to compensate for the lack of fuel:
3) Bab Al Hadeed: impact of the shelling by Assad’s militia 17/12/2012:
4) Old Aleppo: demonstration from Zaki mosque 14/12/2012:
-The demonstration reached Aqyool neighbourhood 14/12/2012:
5) Rural Aleppo - Azaaz: spread of cluster bombs in the city 17/12/2012:
6) Rural Aleppo - Safira: a distressing clip from Safira 16/12/2012:
7) Rural Aleppo - around the Infantry Academy: cows dead due to the warplane shelling 15/12/2012: