Saturday, December 8, 2012
Report on the province of Aleppo and its surroundings 08/12/2012: [SYRIA]
• Summary for 08/12/2012:
Number of arrests: -
Number of martyrs: 16
Number of demonstrations: 3
Peaceful revolutionary activities: -
Number of demonstrations that had fire opened onto: -
Number of cases of opening fire: 7
Number of shelled places: 15
Number of times that heavy army equipment was used: 3
Number of defections: 5
1) Injured and wounded:
*Heidariyeh: 3 were critically injured due to the artillery shelling at dawn.
*Ramouseh: 3 were injured when security opened fire on Ramouseh bakery in the late afternoon.
*Hellok: shelling targeted Khadra souk [market] and Thura bakery, which injured a great number of people.
2) Hellok: impact of the artillery shelling of a field hospital:
3) Karam Al Jabal: destruction due to the artillery shelling:
4) Rural Aleppo - Qubtan Al Jabal: aerial shelling caused outbreaks of fire in the town:
5) Rural Aleppo - Jarablus: warplane shelling lead to the destruction of a house and a bakery.
-A bakery in the city was destroyed:
-A house was destroyed after a rocket fell from a warplane:
-Impact of the warplane shelling:
• Cases of gunfire:
1) Handarat: clashes between the Free Syrian Army and Assad’s militia at dawn, in conjunction of shelling of the mukhayyam [refugee camp].
2) Ramouseh: security forces opened fire on Ramouseh bakery, which martyred a young man an injured 3 others in the late afternoon.
3) Akramiyeh: Assad’s militia carried out a raid in the house of a civilian in front of Mahmoud Tayfour school, which was followed by gunfire to scare civilians.
4) Arqoub: violent clashes between the Free Syrian Army and Assad’s militia took place in the morning.
5) Halab Al Jadideh [New Aleppo]: members of the air intelligence and shabeeba [regime thugs] came in a silver Kia Rio can and opened fire at the bakery in New Aleppo, in addition to humiliating some civilians at the bakery and taking bread from it by force.
6) Rural Aleppo - Sheikh Sulaiman artillery (Regiment 111): violent clashes took place between the Free Syrian Army and Assad’s militia.
7) Rural Aleppo - Bayanoun: violent explosions shook the town from an unknown source.
• Places that were shelled:
1) Heidariyeh: artillery shelling at dawn.
2) Handarat: shelling from rocket launchers of the refugee camp [mukhayyam] at dawn.
3) Bustan Al Basha: warplane shelling in the afternoon.
4) Hellok: shelling from artillery and rocket launchers.
5) Sheikh Khadar: artillery shelling in the evening
6) Sakhour: artillery shelling in the evening.
7) Maysaloun: tank shelling:
* Shelling of rural Aleppo:
8) Jarablus: warplane shelling with a number of shells and heavy machine guns.
-Clouds of smoke due to the shelling:
-Jets that shelled the city:
9) Qubtan Al Jabal: violent artillery shelling in the late afternoon, which was renewed in the evening:
10) Kafar Hamra: shelling from rocket launchers in the evening.
11) Daret ‘Izeh: artillery shelling from warplanes in the evening.
12) Anadan: shelling from rocket launchers in the evening.
13) Hreitan: violent shelling in the evening.
14) Ma’aret Al Arteeq: violent shelling in the evening.
15) Ra’ee: warplane shelling of the village.
• Number of times that heavy army equipment was seen (armoured vehicles, tanks, jets):
1) Sikaree: warplanes flew overhead in the afternoon.
2) Hellok: warplanes flew overhead, in conjunction with artillery shelling of the district.
3) Maysalun: a tank on Maysaloun bridge hit one of the buildings:
1) Hellok: child Muhammad Hamsho, 14 years, was killed by the artillery shelling of Thura bakery in Ein Al Tal:
2) Jellok: child Aqeel Aqeel, 11 years, was killed by the artillery shelling of Thura bakery in Ein Al Tal:
3) Hellok: child Jum’ah Muhammad Muslim, 10 years, was killed by the artillery shelling of Khadra souq [market] square.
4) Hellok: child Alaa’ Ahmad Ghanoumeh, 4 years, was killed by the artillery shelling of Khadra souq [market] square.
5) Hellok: Muhammad Ibn Isma’eel Akroush, 24 years, was killed by the artillery shelling.
6) Suleiman Al Halabi: an unidentified martyr was found killed:
7-8) Suleiman Al Halabi: 2 unidentified martyrs were found killed:
9) Heidariyeh: Muhammad Aqeel died from wounds he had sustained from the artillery shelling.
10) Zibdiyeh: female Rabah Basata, 50 years, was killed due to the shelling of the car in which she was riding. She was a mother of 4 orphaned children.
11) Bustan Al Qasr: Abdul Saleem Bin Abdul Lateef Zakour, 53 years, was sniped.
12) Ramouseh: an unidentified martyr was sniped by security who were opening fire on civilians at Ramouseh bakery.
13) The body of soldier Abdul Kareem Isma’eel Al Hamoud, military number 8917179 was found in Tababeh Al Shar’iya.
14) Rural Aleppo - Hreitan: Abdul Majid Jaqlan was killed by the artillery shelling.
15) Rural Aleppo - Hreitan: Ya’qoub Jaqlan was killed by the artillery shelling.
16) Rural Aleppo - Kafar Naya - Sheikh Hilal village: Muhammad Abdul Wahab Shoubak, 37 years, was sniped. He was married with 5 children and lived in Tareeq Al Bab.
* Also documented:
-Karam Al Qaterjee: Ahmad Al Abdullah, who worked in an iron warehouse in the district, was martyred on Tuesday evening -4/12/2012. He died from wounds he had sustained when a shell fell near the car in which he was riding with his children in Heidariyeh neighbourhood 2 months ago, which also martyred his son Hussain Al Abdullah, 10 years.
• Demonstrations in Aleppo city:
1) Heidariyeh: demonstration in the afternoon from Ja’far mosque which saluted the Free Syrian Army and demanded the fall of the regime.
2) Mayassar: evening demonstration asking to arm the FSA and to speed up the solution to the bread crisis.
3) Masakin Hanano: demonstration demanding reform within the FSA.
1) Bustan Al Basha: warplanes dropped heat balloons in fear of an anti-aviation strike.
2) Sakhour: warplanes dropped heat balloons in fear of an anti-aviation strike:
3) Masakin Hanano: warplanes dropped heat balloons in fear of an anti-aviation strike.
4) Sikaree: the depressing living conditions on the neighbourhood:
5) Suleiman Al Halabi: civilians fleeing from the district:
6) Midan: smoke billowing from the raids branch:
7) Mash-had: a civilian explains the suffering of residents due to the power outage. Several civilians have resorted to cutting firewood and lighting it in an attempt to warm themselves:
8) Sakhour: dangerous and courageous operation of retrieving the body of a woman in Maktab street:
9) Dahra Awad: health banks being blocked:
10) Masakin Hanano: a dreadful bread crisis due to the lack of flour:
11) the condition of most streets in Aleppo, amid a power outage:
12) Rural Aleppo: electricity has been cut off to the eastern suburbs, in conjunction with shelling of Anha’i’ by Assad’s militia.
• Delayed news and videos:
1) Ansaree: chant entitled “O Muslims”, sung by the Qashoush of Bustan Al Qasr:
2) Rural Aleppo - Dabeq: the ‘buds of freedom’ sing ‘Hur-hur-hurriyeh’ 07/12/2012: