Thursday, December 20, 2012
20/12/2012 up until 8pm
Report on the province of Aleppo and its surroundings 20/12/2012 up until 8pm [SYRIA]
• Summary for 20/12/2012 up until 8pm:
Number of arrests: -
Number of martyrs:
Number of demonstrations: -
Peaceful revolutionary activities: -
Number of demonstrations that had fire opened onto: -
Number of cases of opening fire: 3
Number of shelled places: 14
Number of times that heavy army equipment was used: -
Number of defections: -
1) Injured and wounded:
*Eastern Ansaree: a number were injured by a rocket which fell in the afternoon.
*Bustan Al Qasr: a number were injured by the artillery shelling.
2. Eastern Ansaree: impact of the rocket shelling and civilians in a state of panic:
3) Rural Aleppo - Maskana: impact of the shelling:
4) Rural Aleppo - Mare’: craters caused by rockets which fell in the morning:
5) Rural Aleppo - Tel Rif’at: craters caused by surface-to-surface missiles:
-Impact of the surface-to-surface rocket shelling. It should be noted that the rockets fell on the outskirts of the city and no casualties were reported:
• Cases of gunfire:
1) Salah Al Deen: clashes took place between the Free Syrian Army (FSA) and Assad’s militia around Zubair mosque, in conjunction with sounds of explosions.
2) Zahraa’: clashes took place between the FSA & Assad’s militia around the air intelligence [mukhabaraat] branch in the evening.
3) Rural Aleppo - Azaaz: clashes took place between the FSA & Assad’s militia around Manegh airport.
• Places that were shelled:
1) Eastern Ansaree: a rocket fell in the afternoon.
2) Hellok: a number of shells fell in Sheikh Ruz area in the afternoon.
3) Bustan Al Qasr: artillery shelling.
4) Salah Al Deen: artillery shelling.
5) Leiramoun: artillery shelling in the evening.
* Shelling of rural Aleppo:
6) Jibreen: mortar shelling of the railway company near Jibreen during the early hours of dawn.
7) Tel Rif’at: skud missile shelling of the city during the early hours of dawn.
8) Atareb: artillery shelling in the afternoon. Rocket shelling was renewed in the evening.
9) Mare’: rocket shelling during the morning.
10) Ma’aret Al Arteeq: violent rocket launcher and artillery shelling in the evening.
11) Kafar Hamra: artillery shelling of the town in the evening.
12) Hayyan: artillery and rocket shelling of the town in the evening.
13) Anadan: artillery and rocket shelling of the town in the evening.
14) Hreitan: artillery shelling of the town in the evening.
1) Aleppo: electricity continues to be cut-off to the districts of Kallaseh and Bustan Al Qasr for the 18th day in a row.
2) Maghayer: electricity continues to be cut-off to the district for more than 40 days.
• Delayed news and videos:
1) Sha’ar: demonstration 14/12/2012:
2) Rural Aleppo - Tel Sha’eer: demonstration 19/12/2012: