Saturday, December 15, 2012
Report on the province of Aleppo and its surroundings 15/12/2012 [SYRIA]
• Summary for 15/12/2012:
Number of arrests: -
Number of martyrs: 21
Number of demonstrations: 2
Peaceful revolutionary activities: -
Number of demonstrations that had fire opened onto: -
Number of cases of opening fire: 3
Number of shelled places: 9
Number of times that heavy army equipment was used: 1
Number of defections: 169
1) Injured and wounded:
*Rural Aleppo - school of infantry: a great number were injured during the battle to liberate the school of infantry. The hospitals in Mare’ are in great need of O- blood donations.
*Rural Aleppo - Khan Touman: casualties due to the warplane shelling.
*Succouring of one of the casualties:
Sakhour: destruction in Abu Bakr mosque in the district:
• Cases of gunfire:
1) Rural Aleppo - Manegh: clashes took place between the Free Syrian Army (FSA) and Assad’s militia around Manegh military airport. Sounds of explosions reached Azaaz city in the afternoon.
2) Rural Aleppo - school of infantry: the FSA completely liberated the school of infantry.
*Clashes between the FSA and Assad’s militia before the FSA stormed it:
3) Rural Aleppo - Khan Touman: clashes took place between the Free Syrian Army and Assad’s militia:
• Places that were shelled:
1) New Aleppo [Halab Al Jadida]: a shell fell during the early hours of dawn.
2) Marjeh: shelling from rocket launchers in the evening.
3) Qadee Askar: a number of artillery shells fell on the district.
4) Heidariyeh: shelling from rocket launchers in the evening.
5) Masakin Hanano: rocket artillery shelling in the evening.
6) Hellok: artillery shelling of the district.
-Moments after the artillery shelling:
* Shelling in rural Aleppo:
7) Fafeen: phosphoric bombs were dropped on the village, which is close to the school of infantry.
8) Daret ‘Izeh: artillery shelling in the evening.
9) Khan Touman: warplane shelling.
• Number of times that heavy army equipment was seen (tanks, armoured vehicles, jets):
1) Rural Aleppo - Manegh: many warplanes flew overhead Manegh military airport, in conjunction with clashes.
1) Masakin Hanano: Hassan Muhammad Darwish was killed during clashes at the school of infantry.
2) Sha’ar: Kanjo Maknas, 40 years, married with 3 children, was killed during clashes in Aleppo:
3) Ramouseh: Ahmad Falaha Bin Qudour, 42 years, was sniped on the highway.
4) Amariyeh: Ameen Mahmoud Anwas, 38 years, was killed by shell fragments.
5) Amariyeh: Basel Taftanazi, 17 years, was sniped in the district.
6) Amariyeh: an unidentified martyr of around 25 years was found and is presently in post-mortem.
7) Bustan Al Qasr: an unidentified martyr in his 30s was buried in Bustan park in the district.
8) Salah Al deen: Zakariya Abdul Ghani Takrouti, 18 years, was sniped.
9) Itha’ah: Muhammad Ahmad Mus’ab Al Sheikh Taha, 37 years, was sniped.
10) Jisr Al Haj: an unidentified martyr of 40 years was found, his body decomposed and with signs of gunfire. He was buried in Bustan park in Bustan Al Qasr.
11) The citadel: Ahmad Hassan Al Marnadi, 35 years, was sniped.
12) Aqyool: Mahmoud Muhammad Mubeed died from wounds he had sustained during clashes at the school of infantry.
13) Bustan Al Basha: Omar Ibrahim Masat, 24 years, was sniped.
14) Aleppo: an unidentified martyr was sniped. His body reached a field hospital:
15) Rural Aleppo - Jarablus: defected colonel Yousef Al Jader (Abu Furat) was killed during clashes in the battle at the school of infantry:
16) Rural Aleppo - Anadan: media activist Ahmad Abdul Salam Layla (Abu Al Wafa) was killed while covering the clashes at the school of infantry: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=309396285827807&set=a.196462573787846.32351.194711390629631&type=1&theater
17) Rural Aleppo - Bayanoun: Omar Mahmoud Ramadan was killed during clashes at the school of infantry.
18) Rural Aleppo - Al Atareb: Abdullah Ahmad Abeid was killed during clashes at the School of Administrative Affairs in Zibdiyeh:
19) Rural Aleppo - Ibzamo: Subhi Muhammad Barakat, 26 years and single, was killed during clashes in Khan Touman:
20) Rural Aleppo - Mare’: Wadah Hussain Naser was killed during clashes at the school of infantry:
21) Rural Aleppo - Mare’: Ayoub Ahmad Shafee’ Al Akrama was killed during an operation to liberate the school of infantry 15/12/2012:
• Martyrs from other provinces:
-Rural Homs - Rastan: defected military Ahmad Tlas was killed during clashes at the school of infantry:
-Hama: Muhammad Deib Al Sarraj Bin Haytham, 24 years, was sniped at Hajaz garage in Aleppo.
-Bukamal: a martyr nicknamed ‘fisherman’ [As-Sayad] was killed during clashes at the school of infantry:
• Also documented:
The indentities of 2 martyrs of the 3 who fell as a result of the shelling of the fire service building have been revealed:
1) Rida Hassan Al Abbas, 44 years, a fireman.
2) Child, daughter of a midwife, Fatima Aloush, 12 years.
-Aleppo: Abdul Qader Bin Abdul Hadi Uwaija, 29 years, was killed under torture in the cellar of the military security branch after he was arrested. His body was disfigured and burned and his father was forced to sign papers that he received the body of his son. However, he was surprised by the dozens of disfigured bodies, he didn’t know which body belonged to his son and he didn’t receive the corpse. 13/12/2012
-Masakin Hanano: Yahya Shahoud, 54 years, died from a heart attack which was induced when shells were falling on Share’ Al Neel, the district to where he had fled. 13/12/2012
1) Heidariyeh: large demonstration, with the participation of women and heroes of the FSA, in celebration of the liberation of the school of infantry. The demonstration attracted protestors from a number of districts.
2) Rural Aleppo - Mare’: funeral procession for martyr Ahmad Shafee’ Al Akrameh, who was killed during the battle to liberate the school of infantry:
1) School of Infantry: according to reliable sources, over 160 soldiers defected from the regime army.
2) Aleppo: 9 soldiers defected from Assad’s army and joined the FSA:
1) Sakhour: civilians have resorted to cutting trees to warm themselves:
2) Aleppo: a bridge was built between the neighbourhoods of Sakhour and Tareeq Al Bab to protect passing civilians from sniper fire:
3) Hellok: Sheikh Ruz area: there is a state of panic and fear among civilians, as a result of the artillery shelling of the neighbourhood:
-A crossing between Hellok district and Sheikh Maqsoud district:
• Delayed videos and news:
1) Bustan Al Qasr: an emotional speech by the father of a martyr 14/12/2012:
2) Bab Al Nasr: demonstration from Zaki mosque, which brought together the neighbourhoods of Qastal Haramee and Aqyool, and chanted for the FSA and Jabhet Al Nusra on Friday of “there is no terrorism in Syria except Assad’s terrorism” 14/12/2012.
3) Itha’ah: mortar shelling of the district, which burned a number of houses. 14/12/2012
4) Qaterjee: a feeling of anger was spread among civilians after the shelling 14/12/2012:
-Impact of the shelling of Muhammad Al Baqer mosque:
5) Aleppo - Kindee hospital: clashes took place between the FSA and Assad’s militia 14/12/2012:
6) Rural Aleppo - Hreitan: demonstration 14/12/2012:
7) Rural Aleppo - Safira: violent clashes took place at the gate of the defence factories 14/12/2012: