Tuesday, December 18, 2012
18/12/2012 up until 8pm
Report on the province of Aleppo and its surroundings 18/12/2012 up until 8pm [SYRIA]
• Summary for 18/12/2012 up until 8pm:
Number of arrests: -
Number of martyrs: 7
Number of demonstrations: 1
Peaceful revolutionary activities: 1
Number of demonstrations that had fire opened onto: -
Number of cases of opening fire: 1
Number of shelled places: 2
Number of times that heavy army equipment was used: -
Number of defections: -
1) Injured and wounded:
*Sheikh Fares: a child was wounded by Assad’s snipers:
2) Midan: great destruction in the neighbourhood due to the shelling:
• Cases of gunfire:
1) Aleppo: sounds of large explosions were heard from inside artillery stationed west of Zahraa’ in the morning.
• Places that were shelled:
1) Rashideen: artillery shelling in the afternoon.
* Shelling of rural Aleppo:
2) Ma’aret Al Arteeq: artillery, mortar and rocket launcher shelling of the town in the evening.
1) Hawouth roundabout: an unidentified martyr in his 20s was sniped between Hawouth roundabout and the airport bridge in Karoum Bari. His body is now in post-mortem.
2-5) Midan: the disintegrated bodies of 4 unidentified martyrs were sniped in the region:
6) Rural Aleppo - Daret ‘Izeh: Ahmad Shannaq was killed in a grenade explosion.
7) Rural Aleppo - Daret ‘Izeh: activist Yaser Sha’ban, owner of the Daret ‘Izeh skype account, was killed in a grenade explosion.
* Also documented:
-Hellok: Ahmad Abdul Salam Al Mousa, 41 years with 5 daughters and 2 wons, was killed by the shelling of the neighbourhood 16/12/2012.
-Masakin Hanano: Mahmoud Ibn Muhammad Al Eisa was killed by the shelling of the neighbourhood 14/12/2012.
-Masakin Hanano: Eisa Ibn Muhammad Al Eisa was killed by the shelling of the neighbourhood 14/12/2012.
1) Heidariyeh: a demonstration emerged from the 4 junctions “Arba’ Mafareq” demanding the fall of the regime and saluting the Free Syrian Army (FSA).
• Peaceful Revolutionary Activities:
1) Rural Aleppo - Manbej: the Local Council for Manbej and its countryside was formed after the successful elections in the city and its countryside. It is the first election since its liberation and the Local Council emerged after elections from the General Commission from all the political, civil, religious, service, revolutionary and independent agencies and gatherings through free elections, representing all factions of society within Manbej city and its countriside, and has joined the Council:
1) An interview with the family of martyred Colonel Abu Furat, one of the leaders of the battle of the revolutionary trenches:
• Delayed news and videos:
1) Awameed: a building was burnt by explosive gunfire from Assad’s militia 17/12/2012:
-Impact of the artillery shelling by Assad’s militia 17/12/2012:
2) Aleppo: a man cuts trees to compensate for the lack of fuel:
3) Bab Al Hadeed: impact of the shelling by Assad’s militia 17/12/2012:
4) Old Aleppo: demonstration from Zaki mosque 14/12/2012:
-The demonstration reached Aqyool neighbourhood 14/12/2012:
5) Rural Aleppo - Azaaz: spread of cluster bombs in the city 17/12/2012:
6) Rural Aleppo - Safira: a distressing clip from Safira 16/12/2012: