Report on the province of Aleppo and its surroundings 23/03/2013 [SYRIA]
• Summary for 23/03/2013:
Number of arrests: -
Number of martyrs: 11
Number of demonstrations: 2
Peaceful revolutionary activities: -
Number of demonstrations that had fire opened onto: -
Number of cases of opening fire: 5
Number of shelled places: 6
Number of times that heavy army equipment was used: -
Number of defections: 2
1) Injured and wounded:
*Aleppo: moment a soldier from the Free Syrian Army was injured during clashes:
*Aleppo countryside - Hayyan: casualties due to the artillery shelling.
2) Salah al-Deen: a tour inside Sa’d Bin Abi Waqas mosque showing the impact of the destruction, which Assad’s militia used to station snipers:
3) Sokaree: the minaret of Abu Ubaida Bin al-Jarrah mosque was targeted by the shelling in the late afternoon:
4) Salah al-Deen: destruction inside Sa’d mosque:
-Devastation due to the shelling in residential areas around Sa’d mosque:
5) Karm al-Jabal: destruction caused by the shelling in residential buildings:
6) Old Aleppo - Umawee mosque: Assad’s militia tore archaic, Quranic manuscripts before the mosque was liberated:
-Destruction in the mosque’s library:
-Impact of the destruction in one of the cities of Old Aleppo:
• Cases of gunfire:
1) Qastal Haramee: clashes took place between the Free Syrian Army (FSA) and Assad’s militia.
2) Maysaloun: clashes took place between the FSA and Assad’s militia.
3) ‘Arqoub: clashes took place between the FSA and Assad’s militia around Hanano barracks.
4) Salah al-Deen: sporadic clashes took place between the FSA and Assad’s militia.
5) Bustan al-Qasr: snipers stationed on the municipal palace targeted barrels of petrol, which lead to outbreaks of fire:
• Places that were shelled:
1) Aqyool: artillery shelling in the afternoon.
2) Bustan al-Qasr: a shell fell in the late afternoon.
3) Sokaree: artillery shelling in the late afternoon.
4) Marjeh: artillery shelling in the late afternoon, which was renewed in the evening.
5) Qadee Askar: artillery shelling in the evening.
*Shelling in Aleppo countryside:
6) Hayyan: artillery shelling in the late afternoon.
1) Tel al-Zarazeer: the body of Houriya Bint Mannan Eisa, 28 years, was recovered from under the rubble 2 days ago.
2) Tel al-Zarazeer: the body of child Abdul-Rahman Eisa Bin Mannan, 12 years, was recovered from under the rubble due to the shelling 2 days ago.
3) Bustan al-Qasr: Muhammad Abu Zaid, 46 years, was killed by the shelling of the car in which he was travelling.
4) Bustan al-Qasr: a martyr from the Baytar family was killed by the shelling of the car in which he was traveling.
5) Aleppo: Zakariya Sanjar, 22 years, was killed by the shelling of a car in which he was traveling on the road between Aleppo and Idlib.
6) Aleppo: Ibrahim al-Hamwi, 30 years, was killed by the shelling of a car in which he was traveling on the road between Aleppo and Idlib.
7) Aleppo: Omar Zakariya, 25 years, was killed by the shelling of a car in which he was traveling on the road between Aleppo and Idlib.
8) Aleppo countriside - Tadef: Mahmoud al-Saleh Bin Mousa, 52 years, was killed by the shelling of a car in which he was traveling in Bustan al-Qasr in Aleppo.
-Video of body parts of martyrs and the car wreckage:
9) Aleppo countryside - Hardatnein: Mustafa Ali Haj Hamad, 35 years, married with 2 children, was killed by the explosion of a rocket which fell on the town that he was trying to dismantle.
10) Aleppo countriside 0 Hayyan: Ramdo Bin Ahmad Alyoun, 60 years with 10 children, was killed by a rocket explosion.
11) Aleppo countryside - Hayyan: Ahmad Bin Ramdo Alyoon, 38 years with 8 children, was killed by a rocket explosion.
• Also documented:
-Marjeh: infant Ali Rida Bin Anas Hussain, 2 months, was killed by the shelling 18/10/2012.
1) Sha’ar: demonstration for the children in the neighbourhood in the late afternoon.
2) Sokaree: evening demonstration demanding the fall of the regime and repairing electricity that has been cut-off to the neighbourhood for 5 consecutive months:
1) Aleppo: 2 soldiers defected from the military academy:
1) Karm al-Jabal: water returned to the neighbourhood after being cut off for a number of months, according to the Aleppo Media Centre.
2) Mayassar: a case of fire caused by the use of flammable fuels:
3) Saif al-Dowleh: buildings which were taken over by revolutionaries:
4) Aleppo countryside - Duwairaniyeh: monitoring Assad’s militia above the postal building:
-Monitoring the place where Assad’s militia stationed in a building:
5) Aleppo countryside - Safira: empty tanks moved towards the defence factories:
• Delayed news and videos:
1) New Aleppo - southern part: Assad’s militia stormed Hussain Tabra school and arrested a young man from within, followed by a heavy spread of Assad’s soldiers in the neighbourhood, who then opened heavy fire in the air on Friday morning.
2) Sikaree: funeral procession with the participation of Colonel Abdul-Jabbar Akeidee 22/03/2013:
3) Marjeh: photos from a demonstration on Friday:
4) Aleppo countryside - Hreitan: destruction caused by the warplane shelling 21/03/2013: