Report on the province of Aleppo and its surroundings 24/03/2013 until 8pm [SYRIA]
• Summary for 24/03/2013 until 8pm:
Number of arrests: -
Number of martyrs: 13
Number of demonstrations: -
Peaceful revolutionary activities: 2
Number of demonstrations that had fire opened onto: -
Number of cases of opening fire: 4
Number of shelled places: 13
Number of times that heavy army equipment was used: 4
Number of defections: -
1) Injured and wounded:
*Ashrafiyeh: a number of civilians were injured by the artillery shelling.
*Aleppo countryside - Atareb: a number of civilians were injured by the helicopter shelling.
*Aleppo countryside - Ma’aret al-Arteeq:a young man was critically injured by the artillery shelling.
*Aleppo countryside - Tel Rif’at: a great number were injured by the warplane shelling:
2) Kallaseh: there was an outbreak of fire in a house after it was targeted by incendiary rounds fired by snipers stationed on the municipal palace:
3) Aleppo: signs of torture on a the body of civilian after he was liberated from an Assad militia checkpoint:
4) Aleppo countryside - Hayyan: impact of the destruction caused by the shelling:
5) Aleppo countryside - Tel Rif’at: cluster bomb shelling from warplanes.
-Part of the destruction caused by the cluster bomb shelling:
6) Aleppo countryside - Anadan: cluster bomb shelling of the city.
• Cases of gunfire:
1) Arqoub: clashes took place between the Free Syrian Army (FSA) and Assad’s militia around Hanano barracks.
2) Kallaseh: a house was targeted by incendiary rounds by snipers stationed in the municipal palace, which lead to it being burnt.
3) Leiramoun: clashes took place between the FSA and Assad’s militia in Leiramoun Halls.
4) Ashrafiyeh: clashes took place between the FSA and Assad’s militia:
• Places that were shelled:
1) Salah al-Deen: mortar shelling at dawn.
2) Bustan al-Qasr: artillery shelling at dawn.
3) Sheikh Maqsoud: artillery shelling in the late afternoon.
-Smoke rising due to the shelling:
4) Ashrafiyeh: artillery shelling in the late afternoon.
5) Marjeh: a mortar shell fell in the late afternoon.
6) Zahraa: artillery stationed west of the neighbourhood fired rockets towards the northern countryside in the evening.
*Shelling of Aleppo countryside:
6) Manegh: warplane shelling around Manegh military airport in the morning:
7) Hayyan: warplane shelling in the late afternoon.
-Smoke rising due to the shelling:
8) Ikhtarein: explosive TNT barrel shelling from warplanes in the late afternoon.
9) Tel Rif’at: warplane shelling in the late afternoon.
10) Atareb: explosive TNT barrels were dropped from helicopters in the evening.
11) Anadan: cluster bomb and artillery shelling in the evening.
12) Kafr Hamra: violent artillery shelling in the evening.
13) Ma’aret al-Arteeq: violent artillery shelling in the evening.
• Number of times that heavy army equipment was seen (armoured vehicles/jets/tanks):
1) Salah al-Deen: helicopters flew overhead in the afternoon.
2) Aleppo countryside - Hreitan: warplanes flew overhead.
3) Aleppo countryside - Khan al-Asal: warplanes flew overhead in the evening.
4) Aleppo countryside - Anadan: warplanes flew overhead in the evening.
1) Qadee Askar: Ali Ibn Hamdo Habo died from wounds he had sustained from the shelling.
2) Qadee Askar: female martyr, wife of Ali Ibn Hamdo Habo, died from wounds she had sustained from the shelling.
3) Bab al-Hadeed: Ghassan Mlaha, 40 years, died from the shelling of Ashrafiyeh.
4) Bab al-Hadeed: child Muhammad Bin Ghassan Mlaha, 12 years, died from the shelling of Ashrafiyeh.
5) Bab al-Hadeed: female Amal Badour, wife of Ghassan Mlaha, 35 years, died from the shelling of Ashrafiyeh.
6) Jib al-Qabbeh: Muhammad Saleh Atlee, 39 years, died during clashes in Bustan al-Basha in the morning.
7) Aleppo: Ahmad Bin Abdul-Rahman al-Jabaree died from wounds he had sustained from the shelling of a neighbourhood in Aleppo.
8) Aleppo countryside - Daret ‘Izeh - Deir Sam’an: Ammar Ma’aratiya, 23 years, died during clashes around Hanano barracks.
9) Aleppo countryside - Daret ‘Izeh: Muhammad Abdul-Kareem Bazar, 34 years with 7 children, died during clashes around Hanano barracks:
10) Aleppo countryside - Azaaz: first lieutenant Muhammad Haj Amouree died during clashes in Manegh military airport.
11-13) Aleppo countryside - Ma’aret al-Arteeq: 3 child martyrs whose names have not yet been received died as a result of the shelling.
14) Aleppo countryside - Omar al-Shatma died during clashes in Dahret Abdur-Rabo.
15) Aleppo countryside - Tadef: Mahmoud Isma’eel Mahmoud died during clashes in Old Aleppo.
• Peaceful Revolutionary Acts:
1) Sokaree: the relief office distributed clothes in the neighbourhood, with the aid of the Islamic Sham Commission:
2) Aleppo University: students from the faculty of dentistry performed prayers in absentia for the martyrs from the faculty, in addition to reading the Fatiha on their souls.
1) Bustan al-Qasr: civilians resort to old-fashioned measures in cooking due to the continuous cut-off of electricity for the fourth month in a row and the inflation of the price of gas:
2) Hamdaniyeh: Assad’s militia launched a campaign of raids and searches, including on houses surrounding the Assad Academy in the 3rd district.
3) Ba’eideen: smoke rising due to fires in oil factories in Zuyoot area:
4) Aleppo: battalions on the FSA monitor Zahraa’ artillery:
5) Aleppo countryside - Tel Rif’at: rockets that fell on the city:
-People gathering in the place of the warplane shelling:
-Civilians panicking and facing towards the place of shelling:
-Animals killed by the shelling:
-A survivor of the warplane shelling:
• Delayed news and videos:
1) Old Aleppo: monitoring Mileh square area in Old Aleppo 23/03/2013: