Report on the province of Aleppo and its surroundings 15/02/2013 [SYRIA]
Friday of “Allah is sufficient to attain victory”
• Summary for 15/02/2013:
Number of arrests: -
Number of martyrs: 10
Number of demonstrations: 29
Peaceful revolutionary activities: -
Number of demonstrations that had fire opened onto: -
Number of cases of opening fire: 16
Number of shelled places: 17
Number of times that heavy army equipment was used: 5
Number of defections: -
1) Injured and wounded:
*Rural Aleppo - Hayyan: civilians were injured and great destruction was done to houses due to the shelling.
*Bustan al-Qasr: casualties fell and destruction was caused in a house due to a shell which fell near Badr mosque. In the video, there is footage of a bird that was killed by the shell:
2) Bani Zaid: impact of the shelling:
3) Ashrafiyeh: impact of the shelling:
4) Old Aleppo - Bab al-Nasr: impact of the tank shelling:
5) Bustan al-Basha: extent of the destruction at Arouba club:
6) Midan: destruction in the dairy factory street:
-One of the houses burnt behind the church:
7) Sikaree: impact of a shell which fell in Walakaat [agencies] road:
• Cases of gunfire:
1) Aleppo: clashes took place between the Free Syrian Army and Assad’s militia around Muhallab barracks at dawn.
2) Eastern rural Aleppo - Minbej: sounds of a large explosion were heard near Minbej at dawn, which was the fourth explosion.
3) Rural Aleppo: sounds of extremely large explosions shook Tel Rif’at, Baza’ah, al-Bab, Tadef and Mare’, believed to be caused by surface-to-surface rockets at dawn.
4) Eastern rural Aleppo: the sixth explosion in a row took place t dawn, caused by surface-to-surface rockets, which strongly shook the towns of Aleppo countryside.
5) Aleppo: sounds of shelling from Zahraa’ artillery, the military security artillery and the police station artillery towards the areas under the control of the FSA were strongly heard in the districts of New Aleppo [Halab al-Jadida] and Jam’iyet al-Zahraa; in the morning.
6) Aleppo: violent clashes took place between revolutionaries and Assad’s militia around Aleppo international airport.
7) Aleppo: violent clashes took place between revolutionaries and Assad’s militia around Neirab military airport.
8) Aziziyeh: clashes took place between the FSA and Assad’s militia near al-Abara.
9) Minshiyeh: clashes took place between the FSA and Assad’s militia near Addaas building. Ambulances headed towards the area of clashes.
10) Rural Aleppo - Tel’aran: violent clashes took place when the FSA confronted Assad’s militia trying to storm the town.
11) Ashrafiyeh: clashes were continuous in the neighbourhood since the morning and Assad’s militia suffered great losses.
12) Sabe’ Bahraat: clashes took place between the Tawheed brigade and Assad’s militia in the areas of Jdaideh and Sabe’ Bahraat.
-Old Aleppo: two days after the FSA took control of Kayali Kayali and Souf checkpoints and the first registrar office building, Assad’s militia attempted to retake control of these points, while the FSA confronted them.
13) Alepopo: sounds of clashes were heard in the afternoon in Maridian neighbourhood.
14) Rural Aleppo - Safira - Tel Hasal: after violent clashes, revolutionaries retook control of the air defence battalion 509 (Tel Hasal brigade), taking a lot of ammunition.
15) Midan: sporadic clashes took place between revolutionaries and Assad’s militia at the North Circular highway.
16) Mogambo: sounds of shelling of the areas under the control of the FSA were heard from the military hospital.
• Places that were shelled:
1) Karm al-Tarraab: shelling from tanks stationed in Aleppo international airport during the early hours of dawn. Shelling was renewed from rocket launchers in the evening.
-Aleppo: shelling from Zahraa’ artillery, the military security artillery and the police station artillery towards the areas under the control of the FSA.
2) Bani Zaid: artillery shelling in the morning.
3) Ashrafiyeh: artillery shelling in the morning:
4) Hamdaniyeh: 4 shells were fired from rocket launchers stationed in the neighbourhood towards the areas under the control of the FSA.
5) Ma’saraniyeh: an artillery shell fell on the neighbourhood in the evening.
6) Bustan al-Qasr: an artillery shell fell near Badr neighbourhood.
7) Sikaree: artillery shelling of the neighbourhood.
8) Mayassar: violent artillery shelling of the neighbourhood at night.
* Shelling of Aleppo countryside:
9) Northern Aleppo countryside: 3 scud rockets fell on several different areas of the northern and eastern countryside at dawn.
10) Al-Bab: artillery shelling from Kuweirs airport.
11) Safira: violent artillery shelling in the afternoon.
12) Tal’aran: violent artillery shelling of the town in the afternoon.
13) Orem al-Kubra - rural Muhandisoon: a shell fell on a house from artillery stationed in Khan al-Asal.
14) Hayyan: violent and heavy artillery shelling of residential buildings. More than 10 shells fell in the late afternoon.
15) Tareeq Tal’aran [on the road leading to Tal’aran]: cluster bombs fell on the way to Tal’aran:
• Number of times that heavy army equipment was seen (tanks/armoured vehicles/jets):
1) Rural Aleppo - Deir Hafer: warplanes and helicopters flew overhead at dawn.
2) Aleppo: helicopters flew overhead the western districts, in particular around Muhallab barracks, at dawn.
3) Aleppo: helicopters flew overhead the eastern districts of Aleppo at dawn.
4) New Aleppo: many helicopters flew overhead during the early hours of dawn.
5) Old Aleppo - Bab al-Faraj square: Shilka vehicles targeted Bab al-Nasr and Jdaideh neighbourhoods:
*10 were martyred including a media activist.
1) Tareeq al-Bab: media activist Yousef Adel Bakree al-Ma’rouf “Yousef Abu Jad” was killed by the shelling of Karm al-Tarraab while he was covering the bombing there:
2) Karm al-Nazha: Khalid Hindee, 27 years, married with 2 children, was killed during clashes in Kuweirs military airport.
3) Ashrafiyeh: Muhammad Waleed Ibrahim was killed during clashes:
4) Aleppo: Ibrahim Badr Bin Ali, 22 years, was killed during clashes in Sabe’ Bahraat.
5) Rural Aleppo - Bayanoun: Bilal Diab Bakree Bin Omar was killed during clashes near Safira.
6) Rural Aleppo - Tadef: Ibrahim Ali al-Badr was killed during clashes in Sabe’ Bahraat:
7) Rural Aleppo- Tel Ajjar: Radwan Muhammad al-Aswad was killed during clashes around Manegh airport:
8) Rural Aleppo - Mayer: Mustafa Latouf Kharma was killed during clashes around Manegh military airport.
9) Rural Aleppo - Hayyan: Muhammad Yousef Sharraq “Abu Aweish was killed during clashes in Ashrafiyeh in Aleppo.
10) Rural Aleppo - Jarez: Abdul-Qader al-Ali, 20 years, was killed during clashes in Sakhna in Homs.
* Also documented:
-Rural Aleppo - Sahara: Mahmoud al-Ali al-Mustafa was killed by the shelling of Ba’eideen 08/02/2013.
-Rural Aleppo - Sahara: female Amina al-Ali al-Mustafa, wife of Mahmoud, was killed by the shelling of Ba’eideen 08/02/2013.
0Rural Aleppo - Sahara: 3 female martyrs, daughters of Mahmoud al-Ali al-Mustafa, was killed by the shelling of Ba’eideen in Aleppo 08/02/2013.
-Rural Aleppo - Sahara: Mahmoud Waleed Deibo was killed during clashes Khan Touman 12/02/2013.
-Aleppo: Abu Mus’ab was killed when the regime army stormed a cement factory 02/02/2013:
1) Bustan al-Qasr: two demonstrations from Badr mosque and Sikkar mosque demanding the fall of the regime and calling for the accountability of those damaging the revolution. In addition, 3 funeral processions were held for martyrs:
-Picture from the demonstration:
-Letter from residents of Bustan al-Qasr to those damaging the revolution:
2) Marjeh: large demonstration from Maqar al-Anbiyaa’ mosque and the mosques of the Marjeh, which gathered people from all streets of the neighbourhood, saluted martyrs and demanded the execution of Assad.
3) Qadee Askar: demonstration from Haroun Dada mosque demanding the fall of the regime:
4) Sikaree: demonstration from Awais al-Qarnee mosque:
5) Sha’ar: demonstration from Ibrahim al-Khaleel mosque demanding the fall of the regime.
*A letter to all those not participating in the revolution:
6) Jazmatee: large demonstrations from Abdullah Bin Mas’oud mosque and Arwet al-Bariqee mosque.
7) Mash-had: demonstration from Hamza mosque demanding the protection of public lands and the fall of the regime and saluting the freedom fighter fronts.
8) Qaterjee: demonstration after Friday prayers from Ibad Bin Bashr mosque calling for freedom and the fall of the regime.
9) Sheikh Fares) demonstration from Sheikh Fares mosque calling for the fall of the regime and condemning the arrest of media activists yesterday.
10) Ba’eideen: demonstration from Uthman Bin Math’oun mosque:
11) Old Aleppo - Qatana:
12) Ma’adee: demonstration from Ma’adee mosque calling from freedom.
13) demonstration from Fajr al-Islam mosque demanding the fall of the regime.
14) Masakin Hanano: demonstration from Uthman Bin Math’oun mosque demanding the fall of the regime.
-Children at the forefront of the demonstration:
-A woman raises the revolution flag from a balcony:
-Clip from the demonstration:
15) Aleppo: prayers for martyr and media activist Yousef Adel al-Bakree, who was martyred while covering the events in Karm al-Tarraab.
-Bidding goodbye to the martyr:
-Funeral procession for the martyr:
-Burying the martyr:
*Demonstrations in Aleppo countryside:
17) Al-Bab: demonstration from Kbeer mosque calling for freedom and demanding the fall of the regime.
-Picture from the demonstration:
18) Eis village: demonstration from the village in the southern countryside demanding the fall of the regime.
19) Jeineh: demonstration.
20) Jarablus: large demonstration from Kbeer mosque in commemoration of the fall of the first 2 martyrs from Jarablus: martyrs Arab Hussain and Ibrahim Adham Mustafa.
22) Baza’ah: large demonstration after Friday prayers:
23) Bayanoun: prayers for martyr Fares Athal Shaqoudar:
-Bidding farewell to the martyr:
24) Tadef: funeral procession for Ibrahim Ali al-Badr, who was martyred during a battle to liberate the Registrar Office building in Sabe’ Bahraat area in Aleppo:
25) Mare’: demonstration under the protection of the FSA in light of the fact that there were many jets flying overhead yesterday:
1) Neirab military airport: monitoring soldiers from the airport in the entrance:
2) Ashrafiyeh: civilians fleeing after Assad’s militia attempted to storm the neighbourhood:
-The civil protection committees checkpoints in Ashrafiyeh neighbourhood during the clashes:
-The military commander addresses a speech to soldiers from the army and advises them to defect:
-Innocent civilians fleeing due to clashes:
-The FSA helping civilians during clashes:
-An elderly man painfully speaks of what is going on in Syria:
-A revolutionary on duty speaks while injured in the face by a shrapnel wound:
3) Rural Aleppo - Qubtan al-Jabal: report from the media office of Qubtan al-Jabal, which is monitoring children suffering from leishmania disease and the shortage of vaccines and medical staff at the medical centre in Qubtan al-Jabal and the surrounding villages.
4) Rural Aleppo: statement from a member of the Nour-ud-Deen al-Zanki battalion stating that the they will keep on fighting and resisting until Khan al-Asal and Syria are liberated.
6) Bustan al-Qasr: a field hospital in the neighbourhood closed due to the lack of fuel:
7) Qadee Askar: the roundabout flooded with water:
8) Midan: footage shows Awared checkpoint:
-The raid branch square:
9) a panoramic view of Aleppo from the Registrar Office building after its liberation, which overlooked the Sheraton hotel, the cultural centre, Bab al-Faraj square and even a part of Sa’d Allah al-Jabiree square:
10) Old Aleppo: the revolution flag being raised after Awja al-Kayali checkpoint was liberated by revolutionaries:
-Souf checkpoint after the revolutionaries took control of it:
• Delayed news and videos:
1) Masakin Hanano: the administrative council in Masakin Hanano launched a cleaning campaign and removal of rubbish/garbage 14/02/2013.
2) Rural Aleppo - Khan al-Asal: monitoring the police school 13/02/2013:
3) Rural Aleppo - Tel’aran 14/02/2013:
-Impact of the shelling of civilian houses:
-Impact of the shelling of Tel Aran school:
-Assad’s militia looting civilian houses:
-An elderly man painfully speaks of what is going on in Syria:
4) Aleppo: monitoring of Aleppo international airport 14/02/2013:
5) Share’ Tishreen: a shell fell on Attaar building at night, causing material damage 11/02/2013.
6) Mayassar: civilians suffering from the cut-off of water 12/02/2013:
7) Rural Aleppo - Sheikh Najjar: refugees suffering 11/02/2013:
8) The youth residential area: smoke rising due to the warplane shelling 13/02/2013:
9) Firdous: funeral procession for martyr Mahmoud Nadaf 12/02/2013:
10) Sha’ar: civilians suffering due to the outage of electricity and water 12/02/2013:
11) Aleppo university: part of funeral prayers for martyr Mahmoud al-Nadef from the faculty of dentistry yesterday in absentia 14/02/2013
12) Old Aleppo - Bab al-Nasr: Shilka targeting Jadet al-Khandouq road 14/02/2013:
13) Heidariyeh: first moments of Bankawan factory burning last Friday 08/02/2013
14) Tareeq al-Bab: a young man speaks of the suffering and Assad’s ‘reform’ 12/02/2013:
15) Karm al-Tarraab: impact of the warplane shelling 12/02/2013:
16) Bustan al-Qasr: fires spreading in a house 12/02/2013:
17) Aleppo: tank shelling by Assad’s militia inside Brigade 80 12/02/2013: