Report on the province of Aleppo and its surroundings
1. Rural Aleppo- Turkey/ Al Atareb- martyrdom of ‘Haitham Abdo Akab’ son of Ali, originally from Al Atareb city, died from shrapnel wounds he sustained in his eye and to the head from shells and missiles released by the Assad army, he was martyred in Turkey, where he was receiving treatment a week ago.
1. Rural Aleppo- Hayyan- activists from the town of Hayyan have confirmed that statistical primary counts have shown the initial damage due to artillery shelling and missiles on the town shows that about 30% of the towns houses have been destroyed completely and that 25% had been partially destroyed and have become uninhabitable. The situation of the town is far worse than what is described, much more tragic, especially after the exodus of almost the entire population to the town to the surrounding villages. There are reports of dead bodies and many injured under the rubble but it is impossible to reach them now because of the presence of snipers on the rooftops of tall buildings adjacent to the town. The town of Hayyan is now described as a disasterous area.
2. Rural Aleppo- Anadan- pictures from the bombing on Anadan:
Effects of indiscriminate shelling of a house:
Effects of bombing on Hamze mosque:
• Anadan is under continuous missile attack since the Assad army’s failed attempt at storming the town.
3. Rural Aleppo- Hreitan- the effects of bombing on a home in Hreitan:
In addition to the arrival of videos from yesterday (Wednesday), the effects of continuous, violent bombardment that has resulted in the destruction and ruin of the town, over tha past few days can also be seen:
Burning of shops:
The effects of destruction and desolation, burning of houses, along with stealing and looting:
The effects of bombing and destruction:
Burning of cars:
4. Rural Aleppo- Al Atareb- the effects of destruction resulting from Assad bombing on civilian homes:
5. Wounded and seriously injured civilians:
Rural Aleppo- Azaaz: a number of wounded and injured as a result of indiscriminate shelling and shooting in the area:
Injury of a child by a sniper bullet:
Demonstrations that had fire opened onto:
1. Rural Aleppo- Menbej- Security and thugs opened live rounds of bullets onto demonstrators participating in the morning demonstration of the Main market.
2. Rural Aleppo- Sareen town- live rounds of ammunition were opened by security to disperse demonstrators, no injuries were caused.
3. Salah Al Din- Security opened fire onto demonstrators participating in the evening demonstration.
Places that were bombed/ shelled:
1. Rural Aleppo- Hardatnein- village is under missile bombardment by helicopters.
• Renewed rocket fire on the village of Hardatnein by helicopters and flight of Assad reconnaissance planes over the town.
2. Rural Aleppo- Maar sitteh AlKhan- A helicopter missiles directly targeted a house, causing material damage, no reports of injuries resulting from the bombing:
Missiles that bombed the village:
3. Rural Aleppo- Anadan- heavy shelling by heavy artillery stationed in Al Zahraa:
• Violent artillery fire on the city of Anadan, complete power and water cuts, as well as communications, Anadan is a disaster area, the Free Syrian Army fire back at Assad army brigades using simple weapons, the people of Anadan call for help.
• Tanks surround the city and bomb Anadan:
Shell fired on a house:
• Assad follows a ‘scorch the land’ policy in Anadan:
4. Rural Aleppo- Hreitan- An unexploded shell inside a house in Hreitan.
A place showing the effects of the shell that fell targeting a fuel oil tank:
• Burning of agricultural crops as a result of the bombing on the western area between the Anadan and Hreitan.
5. Rural Aleppo- Al Saharra- bombing of the North-western area of Al Saharra village, near Dar Amman, in the early hours before dawn today.
6. Rural Aleppo- Al Atareb- shelling by tanks and heavy artillery on the city and neighbouring villages of Al Atareb:
7. Rural Aleppo- Al Baab- heavy fire and a series of successive explosions shake the city.
8. Rural Aleppo- Kafar Hamra- Several artillery shells dropped on to Kafar Hamra, where hundreds of refugees and displaced civilians are present, and expodus of more to try escape the shells pursueing the peopleof Anadan.
Cases of gunfire
1. Rural Aleppo- Azaaz- Three injured people in the city of Azaaz, of which one is a child, at the hands of the sniper present on the minaret of the mosque next to the military security.
• Heavy shooting on the city by the Assad army with the continued siege of the city.
Number of times that heavy army equipment was seen ‘tanks and armoured vehicles’
1. Rural Aleppo- Al Atareb- Assad aviation flying above the city:
• Spread of thugs and Assad army along with their armor at the entrances to the city:
2. Rural Aleppo- Hreitan- helicopters and reconnaissance planes fly over the sky and shell the town.
---- Reconnaissance aircraft above rural Aleppo:
3. Rural Aleppo- Anadan- the spread of army infantry on the road between Anadan and Kafar Hamra, along with an attempted storm into Anadan:
1. New Aleppo neighbourhood- Seven (7) baccalaureate students were arrested in a demonstration that took off from outside Musa Bin Naser school this morning.
2. Rural Aleppo- Menbej- brutal campaign of arrests witnessed by the city today, the campaign targeted educated people, a number of five (5) people were detained, their names are:
- The pharmacist Mustafa Al Jassem
- The pharmacist Muhammad Al Jassem
- The lawyer Mustafa Al Abd Allah
- Mufeed Al Omeiri
- Munthir Al Slaal
Demonstrations in the city of Aleppo:
Freedom callers that participated in the demonstrations that the province of Aleppo saw today all came out calling for freedom, to topple the regime and to show solidarity and support of the occupied, besieged and uprising cities, especially Aleppo suburbs, as well as to persevere with the revolution until victory is gained, and to rebuild a better Syria for all.
1. Bostan Al Qasr-
2. Bani Zaid-
3. Al Sikaree- demonstration took off from Ouwais Al Qarni mosque
Prayers to Allah swt.
4. Salah Al Din/ Al Mashihad-
Reported demonstrations with no video footage- New Aleppo, Al Ansari, Sheikh Fares, Al Ashrafieh.
Demonstrations in rural Aleppo:
Similarly to the city of Aleppo, all the demonstrations that came out chanted to topple the regime, for freedom, to execute bashar and to show solidarity with the students of Aleppo university on campus against the atrocities committed by the regime, as well as to persevere with the revolution until victory is gained, to show support and solidarity with uprising and besieged cities and with the martyrs of this revolution.
Crowds of demonstrators:
Facing gunfire from Assad security and thugs:
3. Kafar Ghan-
Reported demonstrations with no video footage- Srin.
Peaceful revolutionary activities:
1. University campus- Glory returned to the Revolutionary University as a large revolution flag was hung on unit 17 of female dorms:
2. Al Kallaseh- General strike in the neighbourhood:
3. Al Ashrafieh- Revolution flag hung next to the Syrian flag: