Saturday, June 9, 2012
Report on the province of Aleppo and its surroundings 09/06/2012
1. Rural Aleppo- Hayyan- martyrdom of young male ‘Abdo Adel Ouwso’ by shooting from Hayyan checkpoint:
Family and loved ones bid farewell to the martyr:
1. Aleppo- The sound of a powerful explosion was heard in western Aleppo, its source nor details of the explosion have been known so far.
2. Rural Aleppo- Hayyan- A wounded person as a result of random firing.
3. Aleppo- One demonstrator was shot by a bullet which penetrated into his body, he is now being treated.
Demonstrations that had fire opened onto:
1. Salah al Din- http://youtu.be/oqTJxAB-r4k
Cases of gunfire
1. Saad Allah Al Jabri square: shooting and and the sound of clashes early today at dawn time in Saad Allah Square and its surroundings:
2. Al Merdian- shootings and the sound of clashes at the immigration checkpoint at dawn today:
Places that were bombed/ shelled:
1. Rural Aleppo- Tal Rifaat- Video of a plane as it bombs the city of Tal Rifaat using two rockets this morning:
2. Rural Aleppo- Ratyaan- Aviation bombing of the town of Ratyaan and Bayanoun:
3. Rural Aleppo- Hardatnein: bombing using military aviation:
4. Rural Aleppo- Azaaz- military security in the city of Azaaz bombed Al Maytam mosque at night with two BMB rockets.
5-6- Bayanoun and Hayyan- Both towns exposed to bombardment by Assad helicopters which were flying over the city sky:
Number of times that heavy army equipment was seen ‘tanks and armoured vehicles’
1. Warplanes were seen bombing most rural areas of Aleppo including: Ratyan, Bayanoun, Hayyan, Hardatnein and Tal Rifaat.
Demonstrations in the city of Aleppo:
Freedom callers that participated in the demonstrations that the province of Aleppo saw today all came out calling for freedom, to topple the regime and to show solidarity and support of the occupied, besieged and uprising cities, especially Aleppo suburbs, as well as to persevere with the revolution until victory is gained, and to rebuild a better Syria for all.
1. Faculty of Electrical and Electrnic engineering: evening demonstration
2-3. Salah al Din/ Al Athamieh: evening demonstration with the participation of freedom callers from Saad mosque in Salah al Din.
Al Athamieh and Salah al Din, amazing evening demonstration:
Crowds of demonstrators chanting for freedom:
4. Bostan al Qasr- http://youtu.be/Y_y-oq_hVKs
Child freedom caller leading the chants in the protest in a Qashoosh style:
Banners that reflect the current reailty in Aleppo:
5. Al Sikaree- http://youtu.be/EHBiJOTyNZU
Footage of the demonstration:
Reported demonstrations with no video footage- Al Baab way, Al Miyassar.
Demonstrations in rural Aleppo:
Similarly to the city of Aleppo, all the demonstrations that came out chanted to topple the regime, for freedom, to execute bashar and to show solidarity with the students of Aleppo university on campus against the atrocities committed by the regime, as well as to persevere with the revolution until victory is gained, to show support and solidarity with uprising and besieged cities and with the martyrs of this revolution.
1. Maskaneh- morning demonstration
2. Hayyan- prayer for the soul of the martyr ‘Abdo Ouwaiso’ and a crowded funeral procession
Reported demonstrations with no video footage- Menbej, Jarablos.
Peaceful revolutionary activities:
1. Al Ashrafieh- General strike for most of the shops in the neighborhood condemning the massacres committed by the regime, as well as a partial strike in other neighbourhoods such as Al Sakhour, Sheikh Faris and Al Haidarieh.