Report on the province of Aleppo and its surroundings 05/06/2013 until 8pm [SYRIA]
• Summary for 05/06/2013 until 8pm:
Number of arrests: 2
Number of martyrs: -
Number of demonstrations: 1
Peaceful revolutionary activities: 1
Number of demonstrations that had fire opened onto: -
Number of cases of opening fire: 9
Number of shelled places: 13
Number of times that heavy army equipment was used: 1
Number of defections: -
1) Injured and wounded:
*Aleppo countryside - Kafr Basin: a number were wounded after the town was targeted by explosive TNT barrels from that were dropped by helicopters.
2) Aleppo countryside - Mayer: agricultural crops belonging to the civilians of Mayer were burnt by shabeeha [paid militia thugs] from the towns of Nabel and Zahraa’.
3) Aleppo countryside - Kafr Hamra: impact of the scud missiles:
• Cases of gunfire:
1) Suleiman al-Halabi: clashes took place between the Free Syrian Army (FSA) and Assad’s militia at dawn.
2) Itha’ah: sporadic clashes took place between the FSA and Assad’s militia on the neighbourhood front after midnight.
3) Bustan al-Qasr: passers-by were targeted by shabeeha sniper fire at the Garage crossing checkpoint. The shabeeha were stationed in the municipal palace and Musharaqa.
4) Old Aleppo - Bab Antakiya: clashes took place between the FSA and Assad’s militia in the late afternoon.
5) Arqoub: clashes took place between the FSA and Assad’s militia.
6) Halab al-Jadida [New Aleppo]: sounds of far-off clashes could be heard, coming from the areas of Rashideen and Leiramoun in the evening.
7) Aleppo countryside - Safira - Jibeen: clashes took place between the FSA and Assad’s militia at dawn.
8) Aleppo countryside - Manegh airport: clashes took place between the FSA and Assad’s militia at the military airport in the evening.
9) Aleppo countryside - Kafr Hamra: clashes took place between the FSA and Assad’s militia on the outskirts of the town in the evening.
• Places that were shelled:
* Aleppo countryside:
1) Al-Bab: warplane shelling at dawn.
2) Tadef: warplane shelling at dawn.
3) Tel Rifa’t: heavy machine gun shelling from warplanes at dawn.
4) Batabo: warplane shelling in the afternoon.
5) Bab al-Hawa: warplane shelling on the road leading from Bab al-Hawa to Idlib in the afternoon.
6) Kafr Hamra: tank and mortar shelling in the afternoon, which was renewed in the evening.
7) Mansoura: tank and mortar shelling in the afternoon.
8) Khan al-Asal: tank and mortar shelling in the afternoon.
9) Babees: tank shelling of the village in the late afternoon.
10) Kafr Basseen: helicopter shelling in the late afternoon.
11) Qubtan al-Jabal: tank shelling in the late afternoon.
12) Kafr Da’el: artillery shelling in the evening.
13) Ma’aret al-Arteeq: artillery shelling in the evening.
• Number of times that heavy army equipment was seen (tanks/jets/armoured vehicles)
1) New Aleppo: helicopters flew over the neighbourhood at low altitudes in the morning.
1) New Aleppo: 2 young men were arrested by regime forces at Sanem roundabout. They were taken away to an unknown location. It should be noted that these two young men were from Kafr Naseh village, which is part of Atareb.
1) Masakin Hanano: large demonstration with the participation of crowds of women from the neighbourhood. The demonstration condemned the massacres committed by Assad’s militia in Qusayr in Homs, and condemned the interference of Hezbollaat in Syria.
• Peaceful revolutionary acts:
1) Ashrafiyeh - the youth hostel: a medical point was established in the neighbourhood to treat leishmania in the liberated areas of Ashrafiyeh, Shaykh Maqsoud and Bani Zaid, in addition to the youth residential area/youth hostel. It should be noted that the days for vaccinations are Sundays and Wednesdays, starting from 9am and lasting until 2pm.
1) Aleppo countryside - Kafr Hamra: activists spoke of the continued search operation and recovery of bodies from under the rubble since the fall of a scud missile on 02/06/2013. A body was recovered today and there are reports that there are 26 people who are still underneath the rubble.
2) Aleppo countryside - Afreen: there is a bread crisis in the city, with queues reaching 3000 people in the only functioning bakery in the city (Joudy al-Siyahee).
photo.php?fbid= 586129691421566&set=a. 571336772900858.1073741826. 571332736234595&type=1&theater
• Delayed news and videos:
1) Ashrafiyeh (youth hostel): impact of the shelling 04/06/2013