Friday, January 4, 2013
Report on the province of Aleppo and its surroundings 04/01/2013 [SYRIA]
Friday of “Freedom callers of Homs call to lift the siege.”
• Summary for 04/01/2013 :
Friday of “Freedom callers of Homs call to lift the siege.”
Number of arrests: -
Number of martyrs: 13
Number of demonstrations: 31
Peaceful revolutionary activities: 1
Number of demonstrations that had fire opened onto: -
Number of cases of opening fire: 6
Number of shelled places: 15
Number of times that heavy army equipment was used: -
Number of defections: 3
1) Injured and wounded:
*Sakhour: a number were injured, including a child who was hit by shrapnel in her waist due to the artillery shelling at dawn.
*Rashideen: members of a family were martyred, including a child, due to the artillery shelling.
*Dahret ‘Awad: impact of the artillery shelling:
3) Old Aleppo: destruction in the Madina souq [market] due to the shelling:
4) Rural Aleppo - Azaaz: impact of the shelling:
5) Western rural Aleppo: in the past two days, rockets, thought by activists to be surface-to-surface rockets, were documented to have fallen between Kafar Naseh village and Jeina, in addition to other rockets in Kafar Halab village.
• Cases of gunfire:
1) Sakhour: clashes took place between the Free Syrian Army (FSA) and Assad’s militia, in conjunction with artillery shelling.
2) New Aleppo [Halab al-Jadida]: sounds of clashes between the FSA and Assad’s militia were heard from the direction of Zahraa’.
3) Shayhaan roundabout: sounds of clashes and a strong explosion, thought to be from Leiramoun neighbourhood, were heard.
4) New Aleppo [Halab al-Jadida]: Assad’s militia opened fire in front of a man’s car, to force him to exit the car. They then stole the car near Salam roundabout checkpoint.
5) Rural Aleppo - Manegh: clashes took place between the Free Syrian Army (FSA) and Assad’s militia around Manegh military airport.
6) Rural Aleppo - Tel Rif’at: sounds of large explosions were heard in the evening.
• Places that were shelled:
1) Handaraat: artillery shelling of the refugee camp during the early hours of dawn.
2) Masakin Hanano: artillery shelling in the morning.
3) Sakhour: artillery shelling at dawn.
4) New Aleppo [Halab al-Jadida]: a shell fell on a residential building south of the neighbourhood.
5) Dahret ‘Awad: artillery shelling after Friday prayers.
6) Shahbaa’: a mortar shell fell in the morning on the building adjacent to Hikma hospital.
7) Rashideen: violent artillery shelling in the late afternoon.
8) Heidariyeh: artillery shelling in the evening.
9) Mawt roundabout: a shell fell at junction Benjamin during the morning.
* Shelling of rural Aleppo:
10) Tadef: violent artillery shelling during the early hours of dawn.
11) Al-Bab: artillery shelling during the early hours of dawn.
12) Baza’ah: artillery shelling of the outskirts of the city during the early hours of dawn.
-Sounds of the shelling of the city:
13) Safira: artillery shelling towards the villages situated on Jabal al-Has.
14) Ataren: a number of rockets fell on the eastern district.
15) Anadan: shelling from rocket launchers during the early hours of dawn.
1) Firdous: Mahmoud Ahmad Jarkas, 25 years, was killed during clashes in Sheikh Sa’eed.
2) Rashideen: child Jannah Nizar Shahadeh, 3 years, was killed by the artillery shelling.
3) Intharaat: an unidentified martyr was killed by the rocket shelling.
4) Aleppo: Ahmad al-Ni’mah was killed during clashes in Kuweirs military airport.
5) Aleppo: Uthman Uthman was was killed during clashes in Kuweirs military airport.
6) Rural Aleppo - Minbej: Hussain al-Bazu was killed yesterday in an ambush on the way to Raqqah:
7) Rural Aleppo - Hardatneen: Muhammad Sheikh, 35 years with 3 children, was killed during clashes near Kindee hospital yesterday.
8) Rural Aleppo - Safira: Muhammad al-Abrash, 30 years, died from wounds he had sustained from the shelling of the town a week ago.
9) Southern rural Aleppo - Um al-Karamaeel: First Lieutenant Ahmad al-Hamadee, 30 years, married with a child, was killed during clashes on the road between Raqqah and Salamiyeh.
10) Southern rural Aleppo - Um al-Karameel: Ammar Jasem al-Ahmad Amr, 19 years, was killed during clashes on the road between Raqqah and Salamiyeh.
11) Southern rural Aleppo - Baha village: Ahmad Jum’ah al-Baha, 28 years and a bachelor, was killed during clashes on the road between Raqqah and Salamiyeh.
12) Rural Aleppo - Mare’ - Isnabel village: Yahya Muhammad Najjar, 31 years, married with 3 children, was killed during clashes on the road between Raqqah and Salamiyeh.
13) Rural Aleppo - Batabo: Ahmad Hassan Deibo, 20 years, a defected military, was killed while preparing weapons.
• Names of martyrs who fell as a result of the shelling of Ansaree district yesterday:
-Idrees Idrees, 24 years
-Adel Dawalibee, 27 years
-Child Rahab al-Hareer, 8 years
-Ahmad Tabbash Ibn Subhi
-Ali al-Bab Ibn Omar
-Adham al-Bab Ibn Mustafa
-Muhammad al-Bab Ibn Adnan (documented yesterday)
-Rajab al-Bab Ibn Jamal (documented yesterday)
1) Sikaree: civilians came out to demonstrate from in front of Owis al-Qarnee mosque and others from Abu Abeida mosque:
2) Zibdiyeh: demonstration from in front of Batool mosque, which continued until it reached eastern Ansaree:
3) Tareeq al-Bab: demonstration from ‘Arwa Bin al-Zabeer mosque, demanding the fall of the regime and saluting the FSA:
4) Sheikh Fares: demonstration demanding the fall of the regime and calling for freedom:
5) Masakin Hanano: demonstration from Omar Bin al-Khattab mosque which saluted revolutionaries and demanding the fall of the regime:
6) Heidariyeh: 2 demonstrations emerged, one from Salah al-Deen mosque and the other from al-Noor mosque.
7) Hellok: demonstration from Uthman Bin Math’oun mosque:
-Demonstrations from Heidariyeh, Masakin Hanano, Ba’eideen, Sheikh Fares and Hellok met up at the intersection in Heidariyeh neighbourhood:
8) Dahret ‘Awad: demonstration from Hamza mosque, calling for freedom and demanding the fall of the regime.
9) Ba’eideen: demonstration from Abeida Bin al-Jarrah mosque that saluted the FSA and demanded the fall of the regime. It met up with crowds demonstrating in Heidariyeh neighbourhood.
-Demonstrations from Hellok and Ba’eideen joining up:
10) Bustan al-Qasr: demonstration from Badr mosque:
11) Maghayer: 2 demonstrations, one from Abu Huraira mosque and the other from Omar Bin al-Khattab mosque, which chanted for freedom and the besieged cities:
12) Firdous: demonstration from Sahl Bin Sa’eed mosque chanting for freedom and the besieged cities.
13) Saliheen: demonstration from Jilanee mosque chanting for freedom and the besieged cities.
14) Kallaseh: demonstrations from Subhan mosque and Musala mosque chanting for freedom and the besieged cities:
15) Qadee Askar-
16) Mash-had: demonstrators saluting the revolutionaries, and asserting the continuation of the revolution until the fall of the regime:
17) Bab al-Nasr: demonstration condemning the massacres and demanding the fall of the regime:
-A great demonstration that met up with one from Tareeq al-Bab and others from Dahret ‘Awad and Sha’ar:
20) Ashrafiyeh: demonstration in Azadee road:
* Demonstrations in rural Aleppo:
21) Al-Bab: a large demonstration from in front of Kbeer mosque chanted for freedom and dignity and the fall of the regime:
22) Azaaz - Souran: demonstration that saluted the FSA and stricken Homs.
23) Babnas village: demonstration that demanded the execution of Bashar, the fall of the regime and an air embargo, as well as saluting revolutionaries:
24) Jarablus: demonstration from Kbeer mosque that brought together civilians from many roads of the city, which saluted the Free Syrian Army, the besieged cities and the Syrian people:
26) Hayyan: funeral procession for a martyr who was found underneath the rubble:
27) Batabo: demonstration from Mousa Bin Nusayr mosque.
28) Minbej: funeral procession for martyrs Ibrahim Abu Abdullah, Abdul Kareem Abu Ahmad, Ayham al-Hajee and Hussain al-Bazo, who were martyred during clashes with Assad’s militia:
• Peaceful revolutionary activities:
1) Aleppo - Aleppo University [university of the revolution]: students describe the situation with some words to raise awareness:
1) Aleppo: the FSA secured the defection of 3 soldiers from Ramouseh artillery.
1) Qastal Haramee: monitoring the displacement of another family from the district:
2) Rural Aleppo - Hayyan: video showing the situation of the town, and searching under the rubble:
3) Rural Aleppo - Manegh: the first Friday prayer sermon after the town was banned from praying for over a year:
• Delayed news and videos:
1) Jam’iyet al-Zahraa: Assad’s militia arrested a young man selling diesel, and attacked the father when he tried to ask the militia to leave his son alone. This all happened opposite Mustaga al-Aqeed school.
2) Tareeq al-Bab: a child speaks of the suffering of a family 03/01/2013:
3) Miyassar: a man searches between the rubbish for something to sell 03/01/2013
4) Arqoub: smoke rising from an industrial factory 03/01/2013:
5) Tareeq al-Bab: firewood has become a basic necessity for life 03/01/2013:
6) Hamdaniyeh: regime army forces launched a campaign of raids and arrests last night in Villas street. It should be noted that their conduct and treatment of civilians was terrible, where they forced some women to reveal themselves in one of the houses.
7) An interview with a child called Khattab, whose leg was amputated by the shelling of Safira school, and who is being treated in a hospital 02/01/2013:
8) Rural Aleppo - Safira: impact of the shelling of Khawla Bint al-Azour school 29/12/2012:
9) Rural Aleppo - Manegh military airport: warplanes flying overhead the villages surrounding the airport 03/01/2013:
10) Rural Aleppo - Anadan: impact of the shelling of innocent civilian houses 03/01/2013:
11) Rural Aleppo - Azaaz: impact of the rocket shelling of houses 03/01/2013:
12) Rural Aleppo - Bayanoun: funeral procession for martyr Hussain Ahmad Ashqoudar, who was martyred near Kindee hospital in Aleppo 03/01/2013: